NBA 2K18 (PS3) - Trophy list finally availabe (Platinum unobtainable)

Aecesaje_

After 1 year 2K finally updated the trophy list for NBA 2K18 for the PS3.

Now that the trophy list is availabe, is it still obtainable? NBA 2K usually has trophies that are only obtainable for less than 2 years, sometimes only 1 year and since the only updated the game now it probably is impossible to get the platinum nowadays

Edit: The platinum is unobtainable, you could only get it if you got "Another day, another win" trophy while it was available. 

Edited by maiathewinners

10 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Some people do have the trophy on their PS3, they just couldn't synch it until now.

But yeah....impossible for newcomers because of that trophy.

EDIT: my bad, just saw OP was asking about obtainability. 

Edited by Potent_Delusions

I'm so hyped!!! I can't believe it's finally been added to the servers of PSN. I was seriously waiting until this day before buying the game on PS3. Now that the trophies are on the server, that means I can flaunt my prowess to people once I acquire this gem of a platinum. Looks as hard as the previous PS3 NBA games, so it will be a challenge worth doing. God bless 2K for thinking of the trophy hunter and finally adding the trophy list to PSN, they surely had a lot of fans demanding them to get the trophies on PSN and listened. I also have to give mad props to Sony for definitely verifying that they should put the trophies on PSN, it was worth the wait, I've always wanted an NBA platinum. I never got into the idea of being an NBA platinum achiever until now, but when I have the platinum I will definitely be putting it in my cabinet, I'll literally be "One With Everything" in my mind when I have acquired it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sergen said:

I'm so hyped!!! I can't believe it's finally been added to the servers of PSN. I was seriously waiting until this day before buying the game on PS3. Now that the trophies are on the server, that means I can flaunt my prowess to people once I acquire this gem of a platinum. Looks as hard as the previous PS3 NBA games, so it will be a challenge worth doing. God bless 2K for thinking of the trophy hunter and finally adding the trophy list to PSN, they surely had a lot of fans demanding them to get the trophies on PSN and listened. I also have to give mad props to Sony for definitely verifying that they should put the trophies on PSN, it was worth the wait, I've always wanted an NBA platinum. I never got into the idea of being an NBA platinum achiever until now, but when I have the platinum I will definitely be putting it in my cabinet, I'll literally be "One With Everything" in my mind when I have acquired it. 

Don't try it, there's one trophy that might be unobtainable. "Another day, another win" requires you to win 5 NBA Today matchups and 2K probably droped support for that mode. Wait until someone confirms this

Just now, maiathewinners said:

Don't try it, there's one trophy that might be unobtainable. "Another day, another win" requires you to win 5 NBA Today matchups and 2K probably droped support for that mode. Wait until someone confirms this

I've already committed to the grind by pre-purchasing virtual currency for the game so I can dominate MyTEAM mode. I am so looking forward to what is ahead. If it's not possible, I shall be devastated and likely pass out due to intense stress caused upon me, knowing that I invested a small fortune to assist in the acquisition of a platinum that is no-longer possible. I am thankful to know that trophies on the PlayStation 3 console do not synchronise to the servers upon the unlocking of it, as I would be truly devastated further beyond my current state had the trophies been visible on my profile. The blood is rushing through my veins, I feel like I can climb to the peak of Mount Everest simply due to the intense energy that this trophy list has given me. I know the NBA might be the National Basketball Association, but to me it is the Natural Bodily Adrenaline, as the trophy list is surely going to test my patience and put me in a fight or flight state of mind. 

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I've already committed to the grind by pre-purchasing virtual currency for the game so I can dominate MyTEAM mode. I am so looking forward to what is ahead. If it's not possible, I shall be devastated and likely pass out due to intense stress caused upon me, knowing that I invested a small fortune to assist in the acquisition of a platinum that is no-longer possible. I am thankful to know that trophies on the PlayStation 3 console do not synchronise to the servers upon the unlocking of it, as I would be truly devastated further beyond my current state had the trophies been visible on my profile. The blood is rushing through my veins, I feel like I can climb to the peak of Mount Everest simply due to the intense energy that this trophy list has given me. I know the NBA might be the National Basketball Association, but to me it is the Natural Bodily Adrenaline, as the trophy list is surely going to test my patience and put me in a fight or flight state of mind. 

Not sure if sarcasm or just drank too much mountain dew

• Like 2

Holy WOW i'm shocked this finally got synched and ofc to everyone's surprise it has an unobtainable, so yeah good luck to those who were going for it, but for those who actually earned trophies in it/or plat will be finally relieved to synch it xD 

Now we just need the other trophy lists that haven't been synched on psn servers to appear 

33 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I know it's sarcasm, but even scrubs who buy the currency to try and get the best players are pretty bad LOL

• Like 1

I am not sure why people like sheep keep repeating the same thing misinform bs over and over about the 5 NBA Today matches being unachievable even in 2K17 version PSNPROFILES has over 50 achievers after the 2016-2017 season ended in June 2017 (https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5310-nba-2k17/31-another-day-another-win)

Here is something even better the 2K16 version of the same trophy (https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4006-nba-2k16/31-another-day-another-win)

Again over 50 plus popped the trophy after the NBA Finals ended in June 2016.

If you view the Xbox 360 side multiple people unlocked 5 NBA Today matches after the 2017-18 season ended in 2k18

People just need to stop copying misinfo from 1 or two trolls and making it fact

You use method as written in the 2k16 guide over at TrueAchievement >

From the start menu, choose NBA Today. Until the 27th of October, the "Featured Game" will most likely be Cavaliers v Warriors. You need to win this matchup 5 times in order to get this achievement. You may use 1 minute quarters to speed this up, however you cannot use Custom sliders. You can however use "Casual" sliders to make it easier.

Choose whichever team you prefer and simply win 5 games. I would back out to the main menu after every game instead of choosing "Rematch" at the end of the game.

Once the season starts, this solution will work for any game that is taking place on that day>.

Thanks enjoy the rest of your day

• Like 3

I honestly don't trust 2K with their NBA games regardless of platforms. The average person playing NBA 2K series doesn't care about trophies so 2K isn't interested in making their trophies obtainable. They just want people to buy VC coins for their MyPlayer, then they quickly shut down access to VC with the new version. It's a scam. I'm surprised 2K hasn't been sued yet over the amount required for VC currency.

1 hour ago, TrophyDad said:

I am not sure why people like sheep keep repeating the same thing misinform bs over and over about the 5 NBA Today matches being unachievable even in 2K17 version PSNPROFILES has over 50 achievers after the 2016-2017 season ended in June 2017 (https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5310-nba-2k17/31-another-day-another-win)

Here is something even better the 2K16 version of the same trophy (https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4006-nba-2k16/31-another-day-another-win)

Again over 50 plus popped the trophy after the NBA Finals ended in June 2016.

If you view the Xbox 360 side multiple people unlocked 5 NBA Today matches after the 2017-18 season ended in 2k18

People just need to stop copying misinfo from 1 or two trolls and making it fact

You use method as written in the 2k16 guide over at TrueAchievement >

From the start menu, choose NBA Today. Until the 27th of October, the "Featured Game" will most likely be Cavaliers v Warriors. You need to win this matchup 5 times in order to get this achievement. You may use 1 minute quarters to speed this up, however you cannot use Custom sliders. You can however use "Casual" sliders to make it easier.

Choose whichever team you prefer and simply win 5 games. I would back out to the main menu after every game instead of choosing "Rematch" at the end of the game.

Once the season starts, this solution will work for any game that is taking place on that day>.

Thanks enjoy the rest of your day

I don't think anyone was trolling. The trophy did become unobtainable after the very first season in NBA 2K11, 2K12, and 2K14. The achievers lists will prove that. People were just assuming the same thing . 

It just appears that 2K finally came to their senses and made it obtainable after the season ends in later installments. 

Edited by Potent_Delusions

3 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

A year late and a dollar short. Don’t understand why they would do this now when 2K19 is about to drop. But then again, it’s the last 2k game on the PS3. 

2k19 dropped already, surprised there is no trophy list for that yet either.

At the midnight launch for Spiderman, there were like 100 ppl there for 2k19 and 50 for Spiderman