Infusing Equipment (No DLC)

BumperSticker

So, I just got the game the other day off Playstation Plus, and I've been stuck at light level 259 for a few hours now.

I've heard infusing equipment is a thing, but the requirements are strange. Other than legendary shards, Masterworks Cores are needed. 

After a brief google search, it seems Masterworks Cores are DLC items... 

So could anyone tell me how am I suppose to infuse my gear?

Yeah before 2.0 infusion cost almost nothing. Now it is rather expensive. I think you might be able to find masterwork cores even without DLC by dismantling MW gear. At least I think it drops without DLC.

They didn't really design the game to be played without the current content so expect more issues like this. Best you can do is just avoid infusion and keep equipping new legendaries instead. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Yeah before 2.0 infusion cost almost nothing. Now it is rather expensive. I think you might be able to find masterwork cores even without DLC by dismantling MW gear. At least I think it drops without DLC.

They didn't really design the game to be played without the current content so expect more issues like this. Best you can do is just avoid infusion and keep equipping new legendaries instead. 

Do you know if those who play without DLC are limited to 260 light power now?

I've been playing for a few hours and I haven't found a single blue equip higher than 255, and all legendaries are no higher than 260.

38 minutes ago, BumperSticker said:

Do you know if those who play without DLC are limited to 260 light power now?

I've been playing for a few hours and I haven't found a single blue equip higher than 255, and all legendaries are no higher than 260.

You probably wont find gear higher than that unless you raid or do nightfall strikes.

2 hours ago, BumperSticker said:

So, I just got the game the other day off Playstation Plus, and I've been stuck at light level 259 for a few hours now.

I've heard infusing equipment is a thing, but the requirements are strange. Other than legendary shards, Masterworks Cores are needed. 

After a brief google search, it seems Masterworks Cores are DLC items... 

So could anyone tell me how am I suppose to infuse my gear?

Masterwork cores before Forsaken only came from dismantling legendary weapons/armor that dropped already masterworked, which is purely random. You get 1-3 cores for dismantling a masterworked item.

Now with Forsaken, Spider in the Tangled Shore also sells masterwork cores for legendary shards.

• Like 1

Couple people above are correct, without first 2 expansions the light cap was 300 but there is a soft cap at about 260~ I believe, meaning the only way to get higher than what you are is to get the powerful drops from the weekly challenges.  With the first two expansions the light level was raised to 385 with a soft cap at about 365~ roughly.

• Like 2