AFL Discussion Thread

StarMadeKnight

As the title suggests, who does everyone think is going to win this years grand final?

I'm still salty about the Demons beating the Cats last night :(

My top picks are Richmond, The Eagles, The Hawks & either Melbourne or Sydney.

If i could choose how the final went, i'd make the Hawks lose by 1 point, just to piss off my brother lmao. 

4 minutes ago, AUSTRALIANDJ said:

Hopefully the pies but tigers eagles likely.

I just don't want the hawks to be there but knowing my luck...

Would like to see the eagles there, not to fond of the pies & tigers but best of luck to them. 

7 minutes ago, Knightmare_1985 said:

Cats supporter here too 2639.png

Im rooting for Melbourne to take this years cup. A Richmond V Melbourne grand final would be epic!

That was some heartbreaking stuff! 

I'd like to see Melbourne there, though if it was against Richmond i think they would get steamrolled. 

Still just like you, i am going for Melbourne to win.

5 hours ago, StarMadeKnight said:

As the title suggests, who does everyone think is going to win this years grand final?

I'm still salty about the Demons beating the Cats last night :(

My top picks are Richmond, The Eagles, The Hawks & either Melbourne or Sydney.

If i could choose how the final went, i'd make the Hawks lose by 1 point, just to piss off my brother lmao. 

Richmond vs west coast or melbourne

Hopefully Collingwood can win it but looking at it from a non-biased stand point it's definitely coming down to either Richmond v Melbourne or the more likely Richmond v West Coast with Richmond taking it home. As much as I want Collingwood to win the loss to West Coast seemed like the end of our season.

My prediction for the remainder of the season: 

Collingwood v GWS > Collingwood (Should be a tight game but I think Collingwood will find the win and placing Jeremy Howe on Greene seems like a solid counter to that cun* and his fly kicks, not expecting a win by anymore than 30 points though. Goldsack was fucking amazing, let's hope he can continue tomorrow night. Grundy and Cox need to step up, last game was horrible and Cox taking zero contested marks is not something you want to see a full forward doing).               

Collingwood v Richmond > Richmond (Obviously I hope Collingwood can find something and somehow take the win but Richmond coming off the week break and their form being almost unstoppable seems like too much of a challenge for us).

West Coast v Melbourne > West Coast (Melbourne are hungry but with West Coast also coming off a week break and getting the home game I feel as though Melbourne won't have the strength to take them down, will definitely see a premiership from them in the coming years).  

Richmond v West Coast > Richmond (Another tight game but again Richmond are just too damn strong this year, fucking despise West Coast but they will definitely put up a good fight against the raining premiers).  

Edited by EpicNogg4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

What a shit show that game was.

Heres to GWS hopefully there ugly brand of footy can take down Richmond, that would be hilarious. Either way let's go for the fly kick Toby Greene ..... fucken muppet 

Haha yea, starting to hate Richmond now. I'm with ya for GWS to smash em.

About Toby, i just looked at a picture of him, fuckin hell he's a gooky looking mf lmao.

• Like 1

I'm predicting my local pub's piss up for the tippers tomorrow will be a ripper. 

I don't really follow the footy all that much to be honest, but if you told me a month ago that Melbourne had a shot I'd tell you to fuck off, but they have played fantastic the last couple weeks and I reckon they actually have a shot. My team's out unfortunately (stupid fucking Bombers made too many damn mistakes near the end of too many damn games, they should have been in there, only have themselves to blame), got a couple mates who go for the Dees, guess I'll be rooting for them.

1 hour ago, StarMadeKnight said:

Hell yea, sucked in Toby ;) Not sure how the wobblers will go against Richmond but i'm gunna go for Collingwood.

Collingwood vs Melbourne would be an awesome Grand Final. Glad the boys focused on shutting Greene down, think I saw him get one mark the entire game haha. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

So far so good, great first half and fuck me I didn't expect this. 

Let's fucking go boys. 

Fuck yeah, i think they've booked a spot. Now i just need the Dees to beat West Coast tomorrow and boom. Would have to go for Melbourne if they get in lol :) if West Coast wins, well lets just say come on Collingwood ;)

• Like 1

On 08/09/2018 at 9:25 PM, paranoia_agent85 said:

Hawthorn will go out in straight sets and I'd bet against Richmond going back to back.

Told you so. Got to say it was a weird night, as a Carlton supporter, to be barracking for Collingwood with a bunch of Essendon fans was kind of an out-of-body experience.

Here's hoping Melbourne get across the line tomorrow.

• Like 1