New Game Plus Broken?

Hey I've beaten the game and looking to finish off the ability nodes. Problem is I've clicked the icon next to my save file and confirmed a new game and to carry over my stuff. It should be a new game however the chapters are still there and when I choose a chapter to play, it says I've already played it and if I want to restart.... It should be from scratch (apart from the stuff carrying over). Very disappointed. 

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ

I looked up the achievement guide on the PC version, and apparently the trophy for the 65 nodes is across all files. So you could create a new save and then get that trophy if that hasn't changed. 

Being that you have already beaten the game and you said there's chapter select, does that mean there's nothing that's permanently missable? Just started last night and I'd like to know if I should look out for anything. Thanks!

If you want to get all 65 on the same save file (Not sure if the multiple saves works on playstation) you will have to replay the final chapter quite a few times to level up enough for the AP. After level 55 your AP gained from each level will drop so you will have to reach around level 70-75 before you can get the trophy. 

Likewise, if you missed any trophies within the game, like the perfect QTE's, you can replay the chapter to unlock the trophy. Same is applied for the Cactuar figures and the recipes.