I don't get it?

Zanyverse

I don't get how i can platinum this game in 2 hours, the whole killing all ghosts with a powerup (whatever it's called) 4 times in the same round. I dont see how it's possible. Half of the time i pick up a powerup and they immediately start flashing to go back to their original colors??! I cant even get to round 7 for the Fruit Basket trophy. How tf can i even get good at this rng-fest of a game? I dont get it

-Fox

3 minutes ago, LLegend_Fox said:

I don't get how i can platinum this game in 2 hours, the whole killing all ghosts with a powerup (whatever it's called) 4 times in the same round. I dont see how it's possible. Half of the time i pick up a powerup and they immediately start flashing to go back to their original colors??! I cant even get to round 7 for the Fruit Basket trophy. How tf can i even get good at this rng-fest of a game? I dont get it

-Fox

I remember playing pac-man as a child, but i gave up on the platinum seeing how RNG this is. I just hid the game and moved onto my next game. 

• Like 1

Read the guide dude. It's a very easy and fast plat. Watch a video and use the save & quit then backup save technique.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4558-arcade-game-series-pac-man/MMDE

Less than 2 hours, 23 of those minutes were me getting the eat all ghosts in on go trick right. I don't know why I spent 26 minutes getting to stage 5, when it took me 5 minutes to get from 13 to 17. Game can be done in less than 30 minutes.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Read the guide dude. It's a very easy and fast plat. Watch a video and use the save & quit then backup save technique.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4558-arcade-game-series-pac-man/MMDE

Less than 2 hours, 23 of those minutes were me getting the eat all ghosts in on go trick right. I don't know why I spent 26 minutes getting to stage 5, when it took me 5 minutes to get from 13 to 17. Game can be done in less than 30 minutes.

That in combination with being good at the game.

1 minute ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

That in combination with being good at the game.

No. I'm not good at the game, whatsoever. I've barely ever played it. I'm no fan of Pac-Man, find the game boring. :P

@LLegend_Fox @EternalChaos72

Read the guide on PSNP, not the one on PST org, which I guess you guys did! :P

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4558-arcade-game-series-pac-man/12-om-nom-nom

Also this:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4449-arcade-game-series-pac-man-trophy-guide#3-tips-strategies

Game is super easy and quick. You guys are likely just doing it wrong.

It's easy to do in the first level. Make all of the ghosts follow you in a line and get to a power pellet. If they follow you right, then you should be able to get them all quickly after eating the pellet. It make a take a few tries but I managed to get it with practice

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LLegend_Fox said:

I still don't see how u can even get all 4 ghosts in like 0.5 seconds, whenever i pick up a pellet. They instantly start flashing, and i always die. The highest i've gotten in one pellet was two and that was with all 4 of them merged into eachother...

The Power Pellet effect is reduced for each stage you beat. That keeps going until it becomes completely ineffective.

So, do it the first stage. Loop around until they are all close together and then go for it.

I haven't played Pac-man since I was like 5, but I remember doing that stuff.

5 hours ago, LLegend_Fox said:

Thanks for this info, i had never played any Pac-Man before today. No joke, i've never even been in an arcade etc.

-Fox

If you read my post and the trophy guide on this site, you'd know exactly how to do it. It's easy.

2 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Oh right, well I have the game already hidden so I'll most likely never go back to it.

You should, it's a super easy and quick plat! xD No RNG, just gotta match what they do in that video. You can even make checkpoints through save and quit underway. I did, worked fine, took me 20-30 mins to nail. For the rest of the game, just play normal, beat a level, play until you die, then use level select to get 5 lives back for the next level. Very quick and easy. 17 levels later and you got the plat.

Edited by MMDE