Triumph Seal

Kal2210

3 hours ago, GT-LegendXO said:

Gambit is pretty easy but everyone still has the last one locked . basically all I need for this seal . probably something timed by bungie .9/11

The last one is Malfeasance. Gambit is indeed one you can do relatively fast, without having to mess wtih timed stuff.

Another triumph seal I'm "close" to finishing is the Dreaming City, which is maybe the easiest. It does require you to get the Wish Ender bow though and then basically shoot collectibles with it in the coming 5 weeks, as well as picking up the ahamkara bones. These are all scattered throughout the ascendant challenge bubbles that seem to rotate on a six week tiemer.

The Dreaming City collection which is also required consists of dreaming city loot, most of which is common and then there's the ghost/ship/sparrow, which I believe are rarer drops from activities in the city. Finally the nightfall pulse is also part of the collection and that requires you to farm Corrupted, which has to be in the nightfall rotation.

Basically pretty easy stuff but you'll need the bow to start and then work on it for at least 5 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kfree7 said:

The Destination Seal seems to be the go to.  Has anyone gotten or know someone that has gotten another seal?

Have a friend that is going for the Gambit seal.

The good thing about the gambit seal is that you can do the entire thing without needing to find people. The only bad thing about it is needing 3 rank resets for the ghost. The Exotic, ship and sparrow won’t be so bad after the improved servitor spawn rate I don’t think. If you completely skipped the previous dlc’s then destinations is quite a pain. Dreaming city would be laughably quick in comparison to the rest if the ghost, ship and sparrow would actually drop more.

1 hour ago, Dark said:

The good thing about the gambit seal is that you can do the entire thing without needing to find people.

Yeah, although the issue is that doing 3 resets of infamy + 3x meatball kills without any kind of teaming up will probably make you hate everything in existence.

Agreed on the Dreaming City. Only thing I'm missing are the ship/ghost/sparrow, but haven't seen any of them so far. Pretty sure they also only drop from the weekly stuff, Shattered Throne once per week when that is up and maybe the daily bounty with legendary rewards.

The Destination seal isn't all that bad really. For the Red War armor you can just dump glimmer into spider for planetary mats and get all the armor with like a million glimmer or something like that. The CoO weapons aren't too bad. The only issue is the Braytech Weapons, EP stuff and the Osprey. The Braytech stuff you can farm solo, although it will take a while. The Osprey farm is getting a nerf when they'll implement buffs to the NF legendary loot, and even EP isn't all that bad if you get on it while people still care. For the record, it took me 50 EP final boss kills after Forsaken launch to get everything from it.

Edited by IDiivil
typos
  • Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 5:27 PM, kfree7 said:

The Destination Seal seems to be the go to.  Has anyone gotten or know someone that has gotten another seal?

Have a friend that is going for the Gambit seal.

I have gotten the Gambit seal and I'm also just two guns away from the Destinations seal. They're both not too bad, but you'll commiting to two very different experiences here. 

Let's do some math real quick. For Gambit you'll have to get 45.000 infamy points, which is that mode's experience point system. The infamy points you get vary for the different ranks you obtain, but as a general rule of thumb, it's somewhere between 130 and 250 points per win, depending on your winstreak. Losses award 30 points. Once you hit 12.000 infamy, you stop gaining infamy for losses all together, so you have to win or you will lose a lot of time. Since you need 2 out of 3 rounds won, matches can take 15 to almost 30 minutes. Don't underestimate that. So, if you were to win every single game, that would mean 45.000 / 250 = 180 matches wins. That is if you never lose your streak. A match takes 15 minutes at the very least, plus loading times that's a maximum of 3 wins per hour. That means it takes a minimum of 60 hours for that seal, even if you know what you're doing and even if you're playing with a team. Anyone who says you can do this or should do this on your own doesn't know what they're talking about. I've easily played this mode over 100 hours and it is infuriating to play without communicating. You can't carry people in this mode. If people don't know what they're doing, you can't win. Unless the other team has even less of a clue what they're doing. Play with a team or get the Destinations seal instead. 

For everyone who wants easy gambit wins, here's what to do:

1. Communicate with your teammates. Don't be a dick, try figuring out what the team as a whole can do to improve without blaming someone needlessly. If your team falls apart, so will your winstreaks. 

2. Run Ikelos shotgun and Sleeper Simulant. Ikelos shotgun will melt any blocker in seconds, even Ogres. By seconds I literally mean seconds. Maybe 3. Use your primary against normal enemies and your Sleeper against other players. 

3. Don't horde motes needlessly. Ogres are easier to kill than small Phalanxes because of their shields. If you are on the verge of a threshold like 24 motes, it's okay to bank just 1 to be able to invade. You wanna deny the other team their motes. If you destroy them in the first round, a lot of people will quit out, making it even easier to win the second round. 

4. Run 2 Hunters and 1 Titan. 4th player doesn't matter. Kill the two witches once the boss spawns, get Primeevil slayer to x2, put a melting point on the boss and use your blade barrages. This will instakill your primeevil. There are variations of this. You can have 4 hunters and let them use their R1 blades instead of melting point. It doesn't matter. The health bar will drop within 3 seconds, literally. Once you get your boss up, the other team can invade, which they usually do instantly. While that happens, take down your witches as a team using Sleepers. Even of the invader kills your entire team, you will take down the boss before they can invade again.

This is the reason why you wanna play as a team. I played a lot with randoms and I reset my rank twice like that, but this is way way WAY easier as a team. I would estimate that I played 50 matches with a communicating group of 4. I lost maybe about 2 of those with the strategy I just told you about.

While going for this triumph seal, I got the hidden servitor boss to spawn 7 times. Killed him 5 out of those. Only one of those times was me playing with a group. Once they patch the spawn rate, this will be very easy to do since the spawnrate atcweek 3 of the curse cycle will be the same as for all other bosses (bringing it up to 25% or something like that). 

On the other hand, let's talk about the Destinations seal. This can be done without a group, for the most part. It's mostly just doing every Lost sector once, which is easy and quick, then doing Heroic adventures on every planet, which are cycling weekly, which is therefore timegated but not at all hard. Whats more annoying is that you have to complete 3 collections badges. The one for the Red War is easiest. Just buy all 4 sets from the vendors of the 4 base game planets. Get the materials from spider. His resources change once per day, buy them at a rate of 1 legendary shard for 5 resources of x. The more grindy stuff are the Mercury verse weapons, which are timegated too. Takes 3 weeks to get them. Grindy, but easy. You need all 3 Escelation Protocol weapons, which can only be dropped from the bosses at lvl 7. You also need all 5 gear pieces from the chest at lvl 7, and you can only get 1 per week. For  this alone, starting out fresh, it will take a minimum of 5 weeks to get this seal. Then you need the Strange Terrain strike as a nightfall to get the braytech osprey rocketlauncher. A friend of mine got it twice within 4 runs, I still don't have it after 40+ runs. Also you need the weapons from sleeper nodes, which are 4. I've opened close to 40 nodes and am still missing a gun. 

So, if you wanna be done quick and if you're starting fresh and if you got 3 guys to play with, I would argue Gambit is the mode to grind out here. If you wanna go slow and don't mind grinding solo, then I guess Destinations is the one to choose. 

Dreaming City also shouldn't be underestimated since there are dragon eggs to shoot, which are also on a 5 or 6 week rotation, plus the drop rates for the ghost and sparrow and ship seem very low. I also suspect (though I'm not sure), that you need the 1000 voices raid exotic for the collections badge, which, if true, could also be very grindy. I've opened 8 raid chests so far and haven't gotten it yet.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, drthomys said:

Dreaming City also shouldn't be underestimated since there are dragon eggs to shoot, which are also on a 5 or 6 week rotation, plus the drop rates for the ghost and sparrow and ship seem very low. I also suspect (though I'm not sure), that you need the 1000 voices raid exotic for the collections badge, which, if true, could also be very grindy. I've opened 8 raid chests so far and haven't gotten it yet.

You don't need the 1000 voices. The missing entry in the collection is the pulse rifle from the Corrupted nightfall. The only difficult part about the Dreaming City seal is indeed getting the sparrow/ship/shell, as they pretty much only drop from the weekly stuff like oracle reward and ascendant challenge completion. But it's a pretty good low effort option if you don't mind doing the Dreaming City activities on three characters over several months.

Agreed with pretty much all the points you made about gambit. One thing to keep in mind however is that although they're increasing the spawn rate of the gambit meatball, they're making the ship and sparrow drops RNG instead of guaranteed on the second and third kill. So that may make it annoying if they don't make them reasonably high.

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

they're making the ship and sparrow drops RNG instead of guaranteed on the second and third kill. So that may make it annoying if they don't make them reasonably high.

That could really be terrible. The emblem for killing it is RNG based already and after 5 kills I still haven't gotten that.

It should also be noted that if you are going for the Gambit one, make sure you do it all on one character. I've played over 100+ matches (most of them on highest curse week) since the Meatball was introduced, and have only seen it twice. Since I killed it on two different characters, I have two Malfeasance quests instead of having one copy of the ship/sparrrow. This is good advice for the rest of the month, because on the 30th of October, the ship/sparrow become RNG on Meatball kills.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

17 minutes ago, GameManiac085 said:

Hello everyone, I am trying to get the Secret Victories Emblem to get the Destinations: Forsaken badge. I have completed over 30 blinding well activities but it seems not to be dropping.

Is there an issue with this Emblem are just unlucky RNG?

This was a pain. All you can do is keep grinding the well, it'll drop eventually.

Edited by disturbed-nz
  • Like 1

Does anyone know where the Dreaming City ghost, sparrow, and ship drop from.  Jus need a few more corrupted eggs and then those three things for the Dreaming City triumph seal.  The eggs are just a waiting game but I'm not sure where the ghost, sparrow, and ship come from.

6 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

Does anyone know where the Dreaming City ghost, sparrow, and ship drop from.  Jus need a few more corrupted eggs and then those three things for the Dreaming City triumph seal.  The eggs are just a waiting game but I'm not sure where the ghost, sparrow, and ship come from.

They can drop from anything in the dreaming city that provides legendary/powerful gear. I think the best chances are with the ascendant challenges & shattered throne from my friends experiences. 

6 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

I'm pretty sure that they are random drops from doing activities in the Dreaming City.  I had the sparrow drop last night after completing the weekly mission that rotates with the corruption cycle.  From what I have seen and heard they are all very rare drops.

Don't forget about Pulse Rifle from Dreaming City that drops only from The Corrupted nightfall. You need to meet points treshhold (starting from 60k if I remember right) to even have a chance for it.

RNG is killing a joy from playing this game. I'm only missing ghost and ship from Gambit and I'm done with this game for a long time... 

12 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Don't forget about Pulse Rifle from Dreaming City that drops only from The Corrupted nightfall. You need to meet points treshhold (starting from 60k if I remember right) to even have a chance for it.

RNG is killing a joy from playing this game. I'm only missing ghost and ship from Gambit and I'm done with this game for a long time... 

Thats not true. Me and a friend did that nightfall really underlevelled and both of us got the weapon with 0 points. It’s just a random drop at the end regardless of points.

As you can see I’ve done the seal for gambit and the collections for Titan I am missing hunter and warlock collection but I read it should not matter for the collection trophy ? But ultimately I’m pondering with my seal that is complete has not unlocked the trophy ? Is there anything I’m missing as I’ve spoken to the drifter clicked on the triumphs etc 

https://ibb.co/cWwO2q
https://ibb.co/ntRO2q

Edited by Hey_Its_Mr_Jay

24 minutes ago, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

As you can see I’ve done the seal for gambit and the collections for Titan I am missing hunter and warlock collection but I read it should not matter for the collection trophy ? But ultimately I’m pondering with my seal that is complete has not unlocked the trophy ? Is there anything I’m missing as I’ve spoken to the drifter clicked on the triumphs etc 

https://ibb.co/cWwO2q
https://ibb.co/ntRO2q

You do not need all of the class items for the Collection Badge to complete. It will complete after a single class has acquired all of the said badge’s items.

I have noticed that, with Forsaken trophies in particular, they are very slow to pop and often require restarting the game. Some trophies didn’t unlock for me until I did this.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

You do not need all of the class items for the Collection Badge to complete. It will complete after a single class has acquired all of the said badge’s items.

I have noticed that, with Forsaken trophies in particular, they are very slow to pop and often require restarting the game. Some trophies didn’t unlock for me until I did this.

Cheers man just quickly logged on and refreshed and they popped straight away ?? What a nightmare still 

• Like 1