Getting all suits trophy tip (spoilers)

Turbobuddah

More a heads up than anything, assuming everybody here is gunning for a platinum. 

I upgraded alot of my gear early so when it came around to buying suits I struggled for Taskmaster tokens, some of the challenges are an absolute ba***rd to get 3 star on imo. I'd recommend buying all suits for the trophy before unlocking any of the gadget upgrades that need Taskmaster tokens or you'll end up having to get 3 star on them all

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Turbobuddah said:

More a heads up than anything, assuming everybody here is gunning for a platinum. 

I upgraded alot of my gear early so when it came around to buying suits I struggled for Taskmaster tokens, some of the challenges are an absolute ba***rd to get 3 star on imo. I'd recommend buying all suits for the trophy before unlocking any of the gadget upgrades that need Taskmaster tokens or you'll end up having to get 3 star on them all

tip: dont upgrade any gadgets or buy any suits.100% the game, make 2 saves. but all suits. load second save, buy 15 upgrades.

can also save state it via online storage with plus.

32 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

tip: dont upgrade any gadgets or buy any suits.100% the game, make 2 saves. but all suits. load second save, buy 15 upgrades.

can also save state it via online storage with plus.

You told it much better than I did ? I couldn't help unlocking some of them they just look too good not to beat people up in

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

you need 10 golds and 6 silvers to

And the only challenges that require some effort to get gold are the drone ones(I didn't even bothered, silver is enough).

After reading about challenge token problem before starting the game I was quite astonished to see how easy the are. I got gold in most combat and bomb challenges on first try. Stealth just requires to get familiar with layout.

Also, there are enough gadget upgrades that do not require any challenge tokens to get 15 upgrades trophy(certainly at least 13-14).  I upgraded almost all of them, except electric web, got all costumes and still have 20 or so tokens.

7 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Not really, the game has more than enough for you to upgrade every single skill, gadget, abilities and suits. By the time I was done with the game I had everything upgraded and still an abundance of points. Upgrade as you wish. 

you sure?

• Like 1

You can get the 15 upgrades and get the suits without needing to worry so much about the Taskmaster tokens, since a fair few of the upgrades use the backpack and landmark tokens.  I have 2 more suits left to unlock, but still have a few Taskmaster challenges I can do (just doing other stuff as well in the game).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

you sure?

Positive. I paid attention to this and ended up regretting it cause i was just holding my upgrades back for no reason. If you’re going for the platinum you’ll have more than enough to upgrade everything. The 3 star trackmasters aren’t bad at all since they can be done very quickly by using your gadgets and suit abilities. 

• Like 3

As others are saying, you don't need to hold off on upgrading gadgets. Wait until level 24 and you'll have 15 you can upgrade using only Crime, Backpack and Landmark tokens, since that' when the last one unlocked that I was able to upgrade without using base or challenge tokens. Not sure why people are recommending making back up saves since it's not asking you to get them all, but whatever.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:19 AM, HansReaver said:

Depends on how good you are though, i found the prototype ones harder tbh, but the drone one are a bitch

I did all the Prototype ones for the trophy and platinumed the game, Some of the traversal ones took me hours though, and that was with a controller that I didn't realize had a bad analog stick.  I just unlocked challenges but am going to wait until I hit level 50 before starting them.  

I think I'll be fine for most of them, but those traversal ones like the drones and bombs sound like they suck, and they reminded me of the Prototype traversal challenges a little.

Was just curious due to my opinion that Prototype had some of the worst traversal types of challenges I've ever experienced.  If they seem easier in Spider-Man I don't expect them to be impossible for me.

12 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

I did all the Prototype ones for the trophy and platinumed the game, Some of the traversal ones took me hours though, and that was with a controller that I didn't realize had a bad analog stick.  I just unlocked challenges but am going to wait until I hit level 50 before starting them.  

I think I'll be fine for most of them, but those traversal ones like the drones and bombs sound like they suck, and they reminded me of the Prototype traversal challenges a little.

Was just curious due to my opinion that Prototype had some of the worst traversal types of challenges I've ever experienced.  If they seem easier in Spider-Man I don't expect them to be impossible for me.

The challenges aren't that hard at all to get at least rank 2 in the fighting ones u get slot of leeway in I'd recommend using the full damage proof ability or the spider arms they help, the stealth just takes a few tries to get down the enemy placements then u can just zip to points rapidly taking them out cause y know where they are out of sight of others by then, the traversal ones like bombs they give u a fair amount of leeway as well and are not too far apart so u can swing and zip pretty fast to them, the drone ones just try to get through the blue areas and not let the drone get too far ahead I only had 1 challenge that I couldn't get rank 2 in and it's cause the blue areas are in weird placements and that drone I swear had rocket fuel so I had to get what blue I could but mainly stated in that drones tail

On 9/10/2018 at 8:52 PM, NaseemJohn said:

Positive. I paid attention to this and ended up regretting it cause i was just holding my upgrades back for no reason. If you’re going for the platinum you’ll have more than enough to upgrade everything. The 3 star trackmasters aren’t bad at all since they can be done very quickly by using your gadgets and suit abilities. 

Eh, I found quite a few taskmaster things rough going. Got Silver on most, only got one gold. And didn't want to have to grind. But you can still upgrade a lot without worrying about it. I don't even think the web shooter even uses any of those tokens at all so you can upgrade it entirely without it mattering.

It's just  a matter of whether you want to get gold on everything or not, I didn't. But I also wish I had known that some things were safe to upgrade because it would've been nice to have.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I misled anyone, just thought i'd caution people since I found it a b**** to get 3 star on some of them (namely a bomb one and a couple of drones)

Just thought i'd save people some stress

There IS enough tokens to unlock everything, however the way I spent them I had to grind the challenges a bit to get 3 stars and unlock enough for my last 2 suits

On 9/13/2018 at 8:42 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

The challenges aren't that hard at all to get at least rank 2 in the fighting ones u get slot of leeway in I'd recommend using the full damage proof ability or the spider arms they help, the stealth just takes a few tries to get down the enemy placements then u can just zip to points rapidly taking them out cause y know where they are out of sight of others by then, the traversal ones like bombs they give u a fair amount of leeway as well and are not too far apart so u can swing and zip pretty fast to them, the drone ones just try to get through the blue areas and not let the drone get too far ahead I only had 1 challenge that I couldn't get rank 2 in and it's cause the blue areas are in weird placements and that drone I swear had rocket fuel so I had to get what blue I could but mainly stated in that drones tail

I got gold in all of them, including the drone ones.  Those were brutal, but nothing was as bad as the Prototype traversals.  Only the drone ones gave me any real trouble.  I think I spent about 5 hours between the 4 to get gold, with Chinatown only tsking me 3 tries.  The rest took me 1 to 4 tries max.

Edited by Snake2410
Wrong info
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I'm same situation, I'll have to re do challenges, I have a doubt,  haven't finish story yet so I can't check, do you need to purchase all of them? or just by unlocking and get 100% is enough? I wonder because i read this in the guide:

Note: Although the trophy specifies to purchase all suits, it seems you don't need to unlock the suit for 100% as it's purchased already when you do.