Trophy Thoughts?

It seems that the game has been pushed from September to October 2nd. 

I always wanted to try a Sim game, and this one is a mix of that and RPG. Cool.

I like trophy list, with exception of 1m money one it looks very simple. I like when developers do not abuse of grinding and repetitive activities in these achievements :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up, 3 trophies are related to the different endings.

If you don't want to do multiple playthroughs; in Act 1 the game will force you to do at least 3 faction missions to progress the story, after this don't do more then one faction's missions, then make a cloud save when you hit Act 4. A few missions into act 4 you get locked into one of the endings.

if you've supported only one faction you get the Vice ending, support some but not all to get the Truce ending, and finally if you;ve done all faction missions for every faction you'll get the peace ending.

The hardest trophies in the game are; A Fall of Moonlight and The Blade Which Sold the Mountain as these involve optional bosses and pretty much require max level students.

Most time consuming is Golden Memories (Graduate 50 students) as with the exception of 2 crappy training missions and the last mission all other missions are finite.

Game can be beaten in about half a day.

• Like 4

I'll add on my thoughts to the game after getting the plat.  

The game is really easy and short once you get the hang of it.  Since there is no time limit in game, if a certain mission is too hard you can just skip a few weeks and earn money from one of the money farming buildings.  Use that to buy the op weapons early on.  I recommend starting with starting with multiple classrooms and farms, focusing on increasing rank if you really want to cheese through the game.  

As for the hardest trophies, it's not that hard if you just cheese with either mages or an Arquebusier as your controlled character.  You can just do an hit an run style without getting hit.  You need to get to Accreditation level A anyway but a level 20 Arquebusier or mage should be more than enough to get through anything in this game. 

For the endings, I want to clarify what the previous poster said.  You are NOT locked into an ending on the final mission as I got both the truce and vice trophy on the same save. The thing is that you must do vice first by supporting one queen, then once you get the trophy you can do the side queen missions for it to change to truce. I don't think it is possible to get all endings in single save without cloud save since there is a point in the last act where the queens must vote on the princess and I think that splits the Peace trophy with the others.  It could be possible that I could maybe get the peace ending by doing the remaining side missions in my vice/truce save but I played enough of the game already.  

3/10 for someone going in blind but 2/10 once someone makes a guide.

Edited by EIPsyCongroo
  • Like 2

Seems I'm having a bit more trouble with this one than everyone else ... the amount of XP you get seems low, considering there are apparently a finite amount of missions and you have to start with new recruits often. I send groups out on errands but they often fail which means it was just a waste of time. Plus on my new save I'm avoiding doing the queen missions to save them for act 4 which limits my options even more.

I wish there were repeatable side missions (not just the crappy 2 that give no XP). Would make the game a lot more fun if I could just build up teams and graduates without the pressure.

Gonna try to get what I can out of my original save on Act 4 with a maxed school, it gets better when you can stack all those building bonuses.

Edited by RadiantViper
  • Like 1

I will just add that 2 mages in a party make a big difference, there is a 4 star level called the sharman tree (or something similar) where you fight skeletons and orcs, I found this a good place to level up a few characters for graduation. 

Characters used: 2 level 10+ ,mages and 2 level 1 characters.

What I did was set 1 of the level 1 characters to hold at the start, I then switched to aggressive stance and ran towards an enemy to pull them towards my mages as I worked my way through the map, as soon as I got my character I was using to pull to around level 8 or 9 I unfroze my character left at the start. This made sure that I levelled up 2 characters per run instead of one of them being killed early on. I then played through until a point I was happy with and then let my characters die and repeated it again with new characters. Each run took me about 2 minutes. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I've been playing this game and have reached post game, trying to get a level 25 character, still need to do the Peace trophy, etc.

Initially, I attempted to the Mother Drake quest and failed, and didn't really think anything of it. The quest then became "Mother Drake Rematch." I finally beat it this morning, but noticed I didn't receive the legendary weapon, nor the task completed, nor the PS4 trophy. I suspect it's a glitch, because the weapon isn't in the reward list when I go back and look at it again. So failing forces it to become "Rematch" rather than retaining the original quest.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any work around? Or will it be a forced 2nd playthrough? Not really looking forward to having to do that, was hoping to get this done in one.

On 2019-01-01 at 7:57 AM, commonXreaction said:

I've been playing this game and have reached post game, trying to get a level 25 character, still need to do the Peace trophy, etc.

Initially, I attempted to the Mother Drake quest and failed, and didn't really think anything of it. The quest then became "Mother Drake Rematch." I finally beat it this morning, but noticed I didn't receive the legendary weapon, nor the task completed, nor the PS4 trophy. I suspect it's a glitch, because the weapon isn't in the reward list when I go back and look at it again. So failing forces it to become "Rematch" rather than retaining the original quest.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any work around? Or will it be a forced 2nd playthrough? Not really looking forward to having to do that, was hoping to get this done in one.

I actually noticed this earlier, but my first attempt was such a fail I just shut off the game so I don’t know why it would’ve saved. Or why it would be a rematch when it was a failure even if it had saved. :/ really don’t want to have to play through again to beat it because it takes forever to raise good characters, and the drake is a huge difficulty curve compared to the main quest 

edit and in case someone thinks my closing the game did it, I did the same with the wolf quest and it didn’t glitch. And I am pretty sure the quest was “Mother Drake” for awhile after, I only just noticed it had changed titles. Since then I’ve beaten the game twice.

also doesn’t show  as completed in the tasks. 

and this is now the only trophy I need... ugh. 

Edit again, lol, I’m trying to do it and see if it pops anyway... but doing so made me realize... I don’t think I actually tried this before at all. Maybe I just thought I did. The quest doesn’t seem familiar at all. But it still lists itself as a rematch, we’ll see what happens. But not recognizing it makes it even more bizarre for it to glitch if I never even touched it.

and no it didn’t pop. Boo. I don’t want to replay this shit lol. I like the game, but geez. It’s annoying to have to get good enough to fight the drake. When I’m already there 

Edited by Elvick_

15 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I actually noticed this earlier, but my first attempt was such a fail I just shut off the game so I don’t know why it would’ve saved. Or why it would be a rematch when it was a failure even if it had saved. :/ really don’t want to have to play through again to beat it because it takes forever to raise good characters, and the drake is a huge difficulty curve compared to the main quest 

edit and in case someone thinks my closing the game did it, I did the same with the wolf quest and it didn’t glitch. And I am pretty sure the quest was “Mother Drake” for awhile after, I only just noticed it had changed titles. Since then I’ve beaten the game twice.

also doesn’t show  as completed in the tasks. 

and this is now the only trophy I need... ugh. 

Edit again, lol, I’m trying to do it and see if it pops anyway... but doing so made me realize... I don’t think I actually tried this before at all. Maybe I just thought I did. The quest doesn’t seem familiar at all. But it still lists itself as a rematch, we’ll see what happens. But not recognizing it makes it even more bizarre for it to glitch if I never even touched it.

and no it didn’t pop. Boo. I don’t want to replay this shit lol. I like the game, but geez. It’s annoying to have to get good enough to fight the drake. When I’m already there 

Yeah, I haven't played the game since I posted a few days ago. At some point I plan to get all the trophies except the one that glitched out on me, and then I guess i'll just save a 2nd playthrough for sometime later. Doesn't seem like there is any other option at this point. I basically beat the Drake with a level 20 Paladin, so when I do the next playthrough i'll just prioritize getting a couple of them.

Really disappointed about that glitch. Even if it gets patched, it probably wouldn't fix the current save slot anyway. So I think either way it's stuck with another playthrough if I want the plat. I mean, it's not a terribly long game, but leveling up and graduating and recruiting higher level caps is a bit tedious. I just feel like it's going to be a slog to get back to the Drake quest, and then you'd pretty much have to make sure you were strong enough to beat it in one go because it might just restart this whole glitch over again.

• Like 1