Trophy Thoughts?

MustafaTR-07

On 12/22/2018 at 7:10 AM, MustafaTR-07 said:

This question's answer is both yes and no.

Yes, if you love basketball games and even if you have earlier games of 2K, this game series made a huge improvement in all game modes with 2K19.

No, if you just go for trophies. NBA games always had problems with them past and nothing changed this year as you can see 0 platinum achievers in this site.

There's no platinum achievers yet because I don't think there are 2500 cards out yet to build your collection.  I know people who are very close to getting that many, though.

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2018 at 4:00 AM, grimydawg said:

There's no platinum achievers yet because I don't think there are 2500 cards out yet to build your collection.  I know people who are very close to getting that many, though.

Any idea how many cards typically get released in total?  Just wondering if there is some leeway or that you will basically need to own every card (including the most priciest) to eventually get to 2500.  If it ends up being like 2750 or more, that will help a lot.

12 hours ago, djb5f said:

Any idea how many cards typically get released in total?  Just wondering if there is some leeway or that you will basically need to own every card (including the most priciest) to eventually get to 2500.  If it ends up being like 2750 or more, that will help a lot.

There's usually a few hundred more than 2500.  I know people with JR Smith ATM.  I'm close to getting Chris Webber myself.

11 hours ago, grimydawg said:

There's usually a few hundred more than 2500.  I know people with JR Smith ATM.  I'm close to getting Chris Webber myself.

And I just unlocked Daniel Boobie Gibson, lol.

It sucks that you can’t sell the cards after you complete a collection.  I need to sell some of the (more expensive) silvers to get my coin back.  

9 hours ago, djb5f said:

And I just unlocked Daniel Boobie Gibson, lol.

It sucks that you can’t sell the cards after you complete a collection.  I need to sell some of the (more expensive) silvers to get my coin back.  

Do all of domination.  That will help unlocking hundreds of tokens and you get 100K-200K MT.  I hate to say it, but you're going to have to put in some VC and test your luck on packs.

Edited by grimydawg

13 hours ago, grimydawg said:

Do all of domination.  That will help unlocking hundreds of tokens and you get 100K-200K MT.  I hate to say it, but you're going to have to put in some VC and test your luck on packs.

Yeah, domination is a bit repetitive but how I grind my coins (and tokens).  

I imagine for the Infinity trophy you need all types including Opal Galaxy?  None of those even on the market at this point and it only takes a bizillon tokens to unlock through the Rewards section.  I know getting 2500 cards would unlock it too but that might be a long shot.

4 hours ago, djb5f said:

Yeah, domination is a bit repetitive but how I grind my coins (and tokens).  

I imagine for the Infinity trophy you need all types including Opal Galaxy?  None of those even on the market at this point and it only takes a bizillon tokens to unlock through the Rewards section.  I know getting 2500 cards would unlock it too but that might be a long shot.

Yes....