Got flagged for someone modding the lobby

Adel_Alawami

a few months ago i was playing bo2 just for fun i wasn't planning going for the platinum or anything one day someone in the same lobby was modding ( everybody does it now a days) 
and at the end of the match he gave master prestige and unlocked a few trophies from the base game witch include Big League trophy ... 
i was surprised to get flagged for such thing but i thought it was only for a while but it seems not 
 and i'm kind off a status \ leaderboard fan , how can i get this problem sorted?

7 minutes ago, Adel_Alawami said:

a few months ago i was playing bo2 just for fun i wasn't planning going for the platinum or anything one day someone in the same lobby was modding ( everybody does it now a days) 
and at the end of the match he gave master prestige and unlocked a few trophies from the base game witch include Big League trophy ... 
i was surprised to get flagged for such thing but i thought it was only for a while but it seems not 
 and i'm kind off a status \ leaderboard fan , how can i get this problem sorted?

That sucks. You can hide the game and appear on the leaderboard again.

More people have been for the white list than against it, but that didn't change anything. I think too many people were flagged before anyone suggested a white list so it's too much effort to go back and unflag everyone, so they feel it's better to just flag everyone. There are also some people who use the modded lobby excuse while actually having hacked the game themselves with a save file, that kind of ruins the credibility of the modded lobbies because naturally on this website people always like to think of the worst case scenarios that people can do rather than thinking of the innocent people who ended up in one of those lobbies. I and 100+ other people have voted to white list this, as I think it's more fair to unflag everyone than flag innocent people who found themselves in a public lobby with modders. I am just looking forward to when they figure out how to do it on a PS4 game, because those trophies would sync straight away and the only thing this website could do then would be to tell people to not play the game on their main account, although they spent their money on their main account to play the game on their main account.   

• Like 4

Just now, tlal_q8_22 said:

But what about got 3 games by hack like bo2 ?

If you have illegitimate timestamps for any reason, whether you did it intentionally or someone else did it to you, you need to hide those games or you'll be removed from the leaderboards if you get flagged. You should read the rules here to see what constitutes an illegitimate timestamp:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

Jak II on PS4 has the debug menu, that causes illegitimate time stamps because someone who plays through the whole game naturally won't be able to platinum it in 1 minute. But that is allowed because it's within the boundaries of the game, a modded lobby should be considered that as well, because it can happen to people who play the game without modding a save file or their console. Anyway, it's inconsistent to say that illegitimate time stamps "for any reason" can get you flagged, considering the ways people can get illegitimate time stamps without being flagged. 

Congrats on being pedantic ?

• 6 months later...
16 minutes ago, vReCoN_Shift said:

HI i want to go for the plat for this game but i have to get someone to mod me the big leagues trophy should i just hide the game as soon as i get a trophy or will i still get banned off the leaderboard? If that is the case i might as well except being banned of the leaderboard. I have 54 plats and if i get banned off the leaderboard when hiding the game straight away then i truly give up on this site. considering how eigen-space pretty much ignored sergen response which was a very valid topic eigen-space just throws under the bus.

If you get into a modded lobby, get the trophy, sync and hide the game, itll still show on here until you sync another trophy, so you'll still be vulnerable to a flag. You're better off hiding the game first if that's your plan

11 minutes ago, vReCoN_Shift said:

So what i should do is get one trophy so i can snyc it then hide the game correct?

All i care about is knowing i got the platinum for Black Ops 2 i couldn't care less if no one can see the plat. But at the same time i don't want to be chucked off the leaderboard because i want one game i love to peaces. i'm happy to hide the game just don't want to be flagged for owning the plat even though no one can see it. 

If you're caught with the illegitimate trophy on your list before you hide it, you'll likely be taken off of most of the trophy tracking sites. But definitely this one. Hiding the game will return you to the leaderboard, but you can only have three flags here.

Edit: updated response

@vReCoN_Shift

Edited by B1rvine

5 minutes ago, vReCoN_Shift said:

So what i should do is get one trophy so i can snyc it then hide the game correct?

All i care about is knowing i got the platinum for Black Ops 2 i couldn't care less if no one can see the plat. But at the same time i don't want to be chucked off the leaderboard because i want one game i love to peaces. i'm happy to hide the game just don't want to be flagged for owning the plat even though no one can see it. 

Would not do that if I were you.

13 minutes ago, vReCoN_Shift said:

You can hide the game now and still earn trophies for it and then regardless if you earn one or all of your remaining BO2 trophies, they will never be uploaded to this website and you will never get flagged for it, unless at a later point you unhide the list.

Why would you go to earn a trophy like that?

50 minutes ago, vReCoN_Shift said:

HI i want to go for the plat for this game but i have to get someone to mod me the big leagues trophy should i just hide the game as soon as i get a trophy or will i still get banned off the leaderboard? If that is the case i might as well except being banned of the leaderboard. I have 54 plats and if i get banned off the leaderboard when hiding the game straight away then i truly give up on this site. considering how eigen-space pretty much ignored sergen response which was a very valid topic eigen-space just throws under the bus.

You dont deserve the plat if you are modding to get it 

Scratch that above comment didt realize it was unobtainable 

1 hour ago, vReCoN_Shift said:

I think Eigen-space was dismissive because Sergen's raised a counter point to something she wasn't even talking about. She was simply advising you to hide any other games where you have a similar situation to Black Ops 2. This is so that you can avoid being flagged for those too. There is a three strikes and you're out rule. If you have three flagged games, you'll never be on the leader board again. Period. She was giving you friendly advice to help you avoid getting even more flags. Sergen tried to raise the argument with her was that you can have "illegitimate" timestamps in other games and every one is okay with it. He was essentially baiting her into an argument she didn't want to be involved in by pointing out some minutia in how games are determined to be valid or not. She was dismissive of it and didn't engage. I don't see anything wrong with her response. .   

Now I will post my own pedantic response to that and maybe it will help you feel like it was properly addressed. There is a fine line of distinction between what is being done in Jak 3 and Black Ops 2, Jak 3 involves accessing a mod screen that's built into the game that essentially allows you to hack the trophies for that game. You might think of using this mod screen as dishonorable or illegitimate. However, it is allowed for in the site rules that are posted. This is because no outside programs or software is being used to earn those trophies. The Black Ops 2 thing does involve outside software. It really sucks that other people can use said outside software and pop trophies on your profile without you willfully colluding to allow them to do that. The use of outside software is the difference. i understand the point is subtle and there's arguments to be made about who is actually using the software and who should or should not be held responsible. However, those arguments have already been made over and over and over and .. you get the picture. There's a trophy dispute process and if you go read those disputes in the forums, you will find a very large chunk of them are regarding flags for modded lobbies. Personally, I am on Sergen's side and am for white-listing. I think if anyone can just go and join a lobby without using outside software and pop those trophies reliably, that it should be considered just as legitimate as the thing you can do with the Jak games.

Whether or not you should or should not be flagged isn't eigen-space's decision to make, so it matters not if she was dismissive of the point that was being made. The guys running the site are choosing to leave the system as-is despite the feedback and votes to support white-listing some games, you can appeal to them but you'll be falling on deaf ears. The dispute process here is really unfair. You've essentially been found guilty before you are ever notified and have to prove your innocence. However, there's no statute of limitations so you can and will get held accountable for things you cannot reasonably be expected to have evidence to defend yourself for. It is odd that it is more difficult to win here than our actual legal system. I have empathy for the people that have to hide games or were taken off the leader boards for circumstances outside of their control. There is little we can do about it. The important thing is you kept the conversation going and maybe eventually there will be enough straws to break the camel's back and get some kind of change to happen. Bets of luck to you. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigHonkingOne said:

The dispute process here is really unfair. You've essentially been found guilty before you are ever notified and have to prove your innocence.

Honestly, that's a load of crap. Tired of hearing this incorrect analogy.

In a real life scenario, someone reports you to the police.

(equivalent of someone flagging you)

Next, in a real life scenario, you're arrested and temporarily jailed before a trial.

(equivalent of flag being removed from leaderboard)

Finally, a real scenario would have you in your trial.

(equivalent of a dispute process where the mod is the judge)

(there's no jury here, but mods do consider community feedback to an extent)

@vReCoN_Shift: As I said before, if your illegitimate trophies are *ever* displayed on the site due to being unhidden, you WILL be flagged. Discussing it now beforehand that you're knowingly and purposely modding them will remove all doubt it was an accident, and this is explicitly against the leaderboard rules here. 

In the event you just want to play the game, you can use an alt account. If you want to earn trophies on your main account and are given modded trophies against your will, you can delete them by NOT syncing your account, deleting your profile on the Playstation in question, and recreating it. Any unsync'd trophies will be removed.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Honestly, that's a load of crap. Tired of hearing this incorrect analogy.

In a real life scenario, someone reports you to the police.

(equivalent of someone flagging you)

Next, in a real life scenario, you're arrested and temporarily jailed before a trial.

(equivalent of flag being removed from leaderboard)

Finally, a real scenario would have you in your trial.

(equivalent of a dispute process where the mod is the judge)

(there's no jury here, but mods do consider community feedback to an extent)

I see it a little differently. Here, you get reported. Using your analogy, this is someone calling the cops. The report is reviewed, and if a mod believes its accurate, they institute a flag. If the mod decides the flag isn't legit, you will never know it a game was reported. The equivalent in your analogy is that a judge reviewed the case and made a decision already. This is why I say that when you have a flag you're already considered proven guilty and been sentenced. To me, the dispute process is more like an appellate court. Where you have to prove innocence so you can have your penalty removed. Hiding a game is like being out on parole. You're still considered guilty and your past record is used against you in future considerations.

Your scenario makes sense too though. Going forward, I will refrain from describing the dispute process in the way that I did here. 

15 minutes ago, BigHonkingOne said:

The report is reviewed, and if a mod believes its accurate, they institute a flag. If the mod decides the flag isn't legit, you will never know it a game was reported.

I simplified the explanation, but when the original flag is reviewed and applied its about determining probable cause, not necessarily guilt.  The mods do act as two roles, so it's not perfectly alike but fairly similar anyway. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, vReCoN_Shift said:

HI so i see that there have been quite a few people who have the platinum on bo2 but with illegitimate time stamps. now i noticed  there were very few people having been on the leader board before 2019 but after the new year it seems the moderators are not bothering with game by flagging people. so my question is have the moderators stopped banning people off the leader board? i know gta5 has been white listed iv'e talked to a moderator and i saw another say its fine to get the platinum for gta5 in the forums i also saw that recent players who have achieved the platinum for gta5 have illegitimate time stamps but who are also not getting flagged. 

There will be a slight period of time where PSN account name switching is going on before Sly has the site ready to recognize it. In this time, there will be some people that look like they’re getting away with illegitimate time stamps, but this will be cleared up soon. 

The flagging team (who are not mods) have not stopped banning people from the leaderboards, but have to wait for the name change update to save a bunch of re-work later on.  

28 minutes ago, vReCoN_Shift said:

i know gta5 has been white listed iv'e talked to a moderator and i saw another say its fine to get the platinum for gta5 in the forums 

4 minutes ago, vReCoN_Shift said:

so does that mean gta 5 is still achievable or not?  

Which mod did you talk to and what exactly did they say in regards to the GTA 5 platinum?

There is no official whitelist for any game. 

CoD BO2's unobtainable trophy is a straight hack instapop from a mod menu, and still 100% going to get you flagged.

GTA V reports are usually dismissed for specific trophies such as Run Like the Wind, and the online level trophies. You still have to put in the work to earn the trophy for Run Like The Wind, and un-leveling yourself isn't really (easily) possible. If your list is CFW, you cheated the game yourself, sought out hackers on purpose, or during timeframes when the hacks were limited to private lobbies, the flag is fair game.  

If a whitelist is ever implemented, its likely any illegitimate trophies on games like this will still affect you somehow, you won't actually just get a free pass, just not a "typical" flag.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, vReCoN_Shift said:

so does that mean gta 5 is still achievable or not?  

ps3 version no. they still haven't fixed the bounty system on ps3 and likely wont can't remember what date that it was broken but anytime after that date is illegitimate trophy.

ps4 version is still obtainable.

Edited by lordguwa