Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition announced for PS4

1 hour ago, BerserkerHeru said:

Huh, didn't expect this. Is the game good? I've never played it.

1 hour ago, Venocide said:

You and me both, and I owned it lol. Judging by the comments so far, it seem to be good. 

1 hour ago, ZireaelReviews said:

No ff13 remaster :(

Never played this, anything special about this or is this the usual ff?

THIS is the most fun Final Fantasy game in the franchise, but nothing like FF789 or something else from the main games.

I party hard I am So happy right now xD

back in the days we played it as a team of four, everyone had to bring a gameboy advance to connect it and use it as controller and personal bag for items, I am very curious how they change this for ps4, maybe we will have to use our smart phones for this kind of stuff O_O

or just boring shared menue on tv xD

this is a great experience for a team, bc you will have to communicate a lot, one person has to carry something all the time to protect the others, you have to find magic materia but only one person can have it for the one level, while 2 ppl can combine their magic by focusing and timing their magic on the same enemy, so teamwork is so importatnt and the majority of the bosses are fun and interesting.

I remember a fun fight VS a zombie dragon, 2 of us were all the time combining vita likk "3,2,1 -vitaga!" while another person still died and the next tried to hit the dragonin the few seconds it came near us, so much fun xD not so much for our parents bc we communicated. very loudly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Yeah... and they already have it pretty much made because of the Steam version.

I so want a reason to finally collect all cards in that game, plus I haven't played it in several years.

It is almost 100% sure FF8 and 13 Trilogy will come, so it wont be a surprise. I am much more happy about this bc I thought they would never do this, but I dreamed of it *_* One of my favorite games!

3 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

It is almost 100% sure FF8 and 13 Trilogy will come, so it wont be a surprise.

I have to agree. If Square is going to bring Crystal Chronicles out of the vault, they will certainly bring hits like VIII and XIII as well.

Maybe we'll even get Crystal Chronices: My life as a King!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Wow - Square just calls anything and everything up from the vault, huh? I hated Crystal Chronicles, and it wasn't much of a success if memory serves.

I remember when it first came out people hated it.  Seemed like a cashgrab because you needed that Gamecube to GBA cable.  And there was that lamp mechanic, that no one liked.  But again, I was barred from even touching the lamp.  It must have had some success, it spawned a spin-off series and they're remastering it.

If they really want to reach way, waaay deep in the vault, I'd love to see a Mystic Quest remaster.

1 minute ago, Ekenier said:

I remember when it first came out people hated it.  Seemed like a cashgrab because you needed that Gamecube to GBA cable.  And there was that lamp mechanic, that no one liked.  But again, I was barred from even touching the lamp.  It must have had some success, it spawned a spin-off series and they're remastering it.

If they really want to reach way, waaay deep in the vault, I'd love to see a Mystic Quest remaster.

Unclear. The "My Life..." series was WiiWare, and there was a lot of crap put on there (as someone who got duped by a bunch of it knows). Further, they re-released Romancing Saga 2, and the Saga series, as much as I liked it, was never a hit here.

Mystic Quest would be nice on a collection set, but Square seems to have left that idea in the dust since the PS1 days. I personally hoped to see Secret of Evermore (a game I never finished, but would like to).

Just now, Ai-ds_low said:

And there are worse games to remaster, srsly

My Life as a King. :D

You know, the enthusiasm here is making me re-think FF:CC. Who knows, I might give it a try with a price decline (particularly if it comes out in a physical version, because I'll definitely find it cheap around here)?

5 minutes ago, Ekenier said:

Well, I don't know where your "that no one liked" is comic from, in my circle of friends and everything, there is no one who doesn't love the game. I heared it wasn't a success in the ende, I don't know about that, but everybody had it, and everybody loved it... I wasn't even aware there are ppl hating at it like this...

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

My Life as a King. :D

You know, the enthusiasm here is making me re-think FF:CC. Who knows, I might give it a try with a price decline (particularly if it comes out in a physical version, because I'll definitely find it cheap around here)?

well xD

I have a heart for indie crap an stuff, so maybe thats why I can have some fun with games like this.

I think with a proper online mode instead of 4 gameboy advance (and maybe a speed boost for the person carrying the lampf-thingy xD) there is a chance it's a good thing even for ppl who hated it before.

And maybethink I have too many great memories of our gaming nights with 3 other girls shouting at the TV...^^"

but I am curious what the trophies will be...

1 minute ago, Ai-ds_low said:

Well, I don't know where your "that no one liked" is comic from, in my circle of friends and everything, there is no one who doesn't love the game. I heared it wasn't a success in the ende, I don't know about that, but everybody had it, and everybody loved it... I wasn't even aware there are ppl hating at it like this...

I meant no one like the lamp mechanic, at least no one I knew like it.  Carrying it around, getting tired, dropping it, picking it back up.  Having to drop it to fight monsters.

This game is pretty cool, sort of like a Zelda meets FinalFantasy gameplay, originally it was a GC only title.

I'll definitely pick it up.  Nostalgia. Used to play it back in the day but never finished it since I abandoned the GameCube.

Edited by B1rvine

3 hours ago, Myu said:

I spent so many hours on this game! I'm glad it's coming back, I never got to see the end. I used to play with a friend of mine and we had a lot of fun :D

I missed my change to play this one when it came. I'm very interested about the co-op in this one, since I play lots of games with my sister, glad to see you found co-op good! :)

Edited by killivincent

Of all the FF games the could have remastered. *sigh*

I’m in the minority here but I really didn’t like CC. At the time this came out I only had a GC so I was so happy it got a FF game... only to be disappointed. Of course it doesn’t help that it’s heavily MP oriented and I played it solo.

Definitely passing on this one.