Sega's Ryu ga Gotoku studio announced Project JUDGE

dermarx

I watched the trailer, and I must say, this looks incredible! I'm curious to see what the actual gameplay is like (will it be similar to Yakuza?), but the story alone has me intrigued. I love it!

It's nice that we don't have to wait for a localisation announcement either. Confirmed western release at the same time as the announcement, yes! :D

8 minutes ago, dermarx said:

Forgot the gameplay trailer; updated my Post. Check it out :)

Holy shiiiiit, that looks awesome! :lol: So yeah, the combat is quite similar to Yakuza, even down to switching fighting styles, but the protagonist looks especially agile. I love how he can jump off walls into an attack and there was even one point in the trailer where he kicks a dude in the face when riding a skateboard (might be a cutscene but still cool either way!). The gameplay outside of combat looks a lot more varied than in Yakuza, though. Lock picking, tailing people, investigating, etc. The minigames they showed off look really fun too! From what I could tell, it looks like the game takes place in Kamurocho, so I'm sure we'll see some familiar characters make an appearance.

Wow, this has quickly become one of my most anticipated games. It can't come soon enough! :)

• Like 1

I was kinda thrown off by the "courtroom thriller" thing, I was expecting something like Phoenix Wright (heh). It's basically Yakuza with an investigation mechanic - IDC, I love everything these guys put out! Nice to have a different take on the formula, I really never get tired of playing these games!

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a newcomer and lover of the Yakuza series, but do Ryu Ga Gotoku have multiple studios and how big is their development team? They must be pretty huge seem to be pumping out 2 games a year lately, I know Kiwami's are remakes but extensive remakes at that, they're killing it!!

17 minutes ago, Bailey97 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a newcomer and lover of the Yakuza series, but do Ryu Ga Gotoku have multiple studios and how big is their development team? They must be pretty huge seem to be pumping out 2 games a year lately, I know Kiwami's are remakes but extensive remakes at that, they're killing it!!

Prob because they use alot of the same assets would be my guess.

There is a 51 mins long Presentation Video online: 

It's basically at the start of this video something that looks like the opening movie of the game @Undead Wolf mentioned above, followed by some sort of interview with the director and the cast of the game. 

Edited by dermarx
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm curious: how does this look anything like inFamous? 

The smoky/foggy environment, the different colours that are at display and a little bit of the melee combat (not the flips and what not). 

I mean it's not that similar to InFAMOUS but it is giving me some vibes. Lol just don't dwell on it too much :P