77 on Metacritic????

linkdevivo

Pretty sad this is the case. IGN gave it a 9/10 and said it was amazing, though. I pre-ordered so i'm playing anyway, but it sucks that it had mixed reviews. I mean yeah reviews shouldn't matter but they do and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. The normal gamer looks at reviews before spending money on a game so bad reviews lead to weaker sales, leads to less probability of the publisher paying a developer for another game. Developers even get bonuses based on their game's metacritic number.

Will this affect your purchase decision?

EDIT: GOOD NEWS GUYS IT IS NOW 78 ?:highfive:

Edited by linkdevivo

I do not mean to hate but I had a feeling it'll be like this because it's not so long ago that we got a TR game. And I mean 77 isn't that bad on Metacritic considering that anyone can really post their reviews. You'll likely run into those with binary scales ( voting 0 for not liking and 10 for liking it) and so yea that'll probably affect the scores. 

I  mean like the usual, I am going to watch some gameplay footage and I'll decide for myself. The reviews can just be as an afterthought on what to possibly expect but they aren't always right ;)

• Like 1

Fear-mongering. Metacritic 77 is literally the lowest value on offer, why didn't you make a thread about how it got a 82 on Opencritic instead, the more accurate number that isn't heavily weighted like Metacritic's score is?

Even on Metacritic itself, the 77 is only for the PS4 version. PC got an 81, Xbox got an 83.

Seems to be a lot of fear-mongering and general shade being thrown towards this game everywhere. It's like people want it to do badly.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Afro_Gear said:

Wow, some BS with that Telegraph review. Not only do they get to leave their ridiculously low scoring review on Metacritic, but you cant even read the thing as it is behind an email registration "paywall". Really trash. 

With the way Metacritic heavily weights their scores, I doubt the Telegraph review impacted anything at all :P

14 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Fear-mongering. Metacritic 77 is literally the lowest value on offer, why didn't you make a thread about how it got a 82 on Opencritic instead, the more accurate number that isn't heavily weighted like Metacritic's score is?

Even on Metacritic itself, the 77 is only for the PS4 version. PC got an 81, Xbox got an 83.

Seems to be a lot of fear-mongering and general shade being thrown towards this game everywhere. It's like people want it to do badly.

yeah ok. fear-mongering. read my comment again, i pre-ordered the game and wanted it to be good. I used metacritic because it's the only one i personally used. Didn't know i have to use every aggregate site on the internet just so hardcore fans don't say it's "fear-mongering", it's as simple as that. Sounds to me like you love the franchise (seeing as you have like every platinum) and are understandably sad that it isn't reviewing well. Don't take it out on me.

• Like 2

I know I will prob get s@#t for this but scores don't really matter any more thanks to games like Destiny with its high score across the board and in reality an average game at best. I think if Tomb Raider is a great game then people will buy it. Word of mouth and Reviews have always been better than Critic and others scores. 

• Like 3

No, I don’t care about reviews when I know I will like a game. I loved the other two; why shouldn’t I like this one too? I love this type of game. I pre-ordered it and I’m very excited about it. Not that the reviews are bad, anyway. The game is just probably not very innovative, but, honestly, I just want more of the same! :D

• Like 4