The Last Remnant Remastered announced for PS4 (December 6th)

Vergil

The Last Remnant Remastered

Square Enix has announced The Last Remnant Remastered for PlayStation 4. It will launch via the PlayStation Store on December 6 in Japan for 3,980 yen.

The game is a remaster of the 2008-released Xbox 360 The Last Remnant with all the additional elements of the PC version. Furthermore, it uses a new game engine and has higher resolution graphics. The new key artwork was illustrated by Yusuke Naora, who was the art producer on the original game.

Square Enix will host a special broadcast for The Last Remnant Remastered at Tokyo Game Show 2018 on September 22 featuring Hiroshi Takai (original director), Yusuke Naora (original art producer), Kouichirou Sakamoto (remaster director), Asami Katada (remastered project assistant), and MC Nobuo (of the comedy duo Penguins).

Watch the teaser trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery. Visit the Japanese official website here.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/the-last-remnant-remastered-coming-west-on-december-6

Edited by DPatriot
  • Like 3

Hopefully they upgrade it from the unreal 3 engine, because it ran like shit on the 360 with texture pop-in and long loads.

8 hours ago, ZireaelReviews said:

Wait if i am not mistaken wasnt this an xbox exclusive?

It was also originally announced for the ps3 as well, but it was cancelled because they found developing for the xbox to be a lot easier

All we need now from square is infinite undiscovery

I didn't know about the game until this announcement. I looked up some gameplay and I'm not sure how I feel about the combat... Not being able to directly command characters is a turn-off for me. At least the technical issues present on the Xbox 360 version should be gone. I'll definitely look into the game some more to figure out if I'll enjoy it.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/last-remnant/guide/

Achievments on the 360. Got no good reason to think it won't be the same this time around.

I'm looking forward to the game, The Last Remnant is an underrated gem in my opinion. I can't wait to play it again. My only worry is that they won't port the pc version but instead the godawful 360 version. There were several QoL changes to the pc version that made the game so much better.