Suggestion: Only YOU can update your trophies!

rjdon13

Hi. I'm kinda OCD, and like to have my trophies synced at a very specific time. When other people sync my trophies, it throws off that schedule, and gets on my nerves like you wouldn't believe. So, to alleviate this, I think there should be an option to have it so that the only person who can update your trophies is you, i.e. only your profile. It would make this concern go away, and I'm sure there are others, no matter how few, who would appreciate it.

• Like 3

The site wants accurate leaderboards and to maintain that, profiles need to be synced regularly. There's already an issue with profiles that aren't members not being synched frequently enough (although it was changed to every two weeks they are updated, I'm not sure if that was ever bug-proof). 

This would allow cheaters to CFW their trophies and sync them with no detection since we wouldn't have a history to look back upon. 

It would mess up many of the community events since those rely on updates and sometimes a member might not update before a count.

Your profile is updated x hours of inactivity anyway, so that'll throw off your schedule as well.

It would also take a big part away of the site since many non-members use it just to look people up. The site would become unreliable and people would turn elsewhere. The system you're proposing works best on opt-in trophy sites (like TT) since they have a different scope

(FYI, if you're premium you can update your account as much as you want)

• Like 4

You can play offline (to prevent auto-syncing) and sync your trophies at the time you want to that way you can update your profile here as soon as your trophies are synced.

I don't mind when someone else updates my profile here, I just hate it when my consoles auto-sync my trophies even when that option is not selected on my consoles but I think that happens because I'm a PS+ user, this applies to games with online trophies as I only sync after I earn all online trophies.

In any case, if the feature you suggest is ever implemented it should be optional.

33 minutes ago, rjdon13 said:

Hi. I'm kinda OCD, and like to have my trophies synced at a very specific time. When other people sync my trophies, it throws off that schedule, and gets on my nerves like you wouldn't believe.

Go premium, oohh wait it auto synch's them for you. Never mind

I can see maybe adding an option that only allows you to update in privacy settings, but it makes zero sense to make it the norm or the default. As others mentioned, it'd throw off competitions, statistics, and would make the site's rarities and profiles extremely inaccurate for members who aren't very active.

If so conscience why not just hide your profile, hide everything. No one can see what your doing, what your playing, heck you can even stay "offline" on PSN. This is a trophy tracking site, people like to see and compare with others that are on here with the latest data. Maybe there should be a private option for this site and only you can see your own profile.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rjdon13 said:

Hi. I'm kinda OCD, and like to have my trophies synced at a very specific time. When other people sync my trophies, it throws off that schedule, and gets on my nerves like you wouldn't believe. So, to alleviate this, I think there should be an option to have it so that the only person who can update your trophies is you, i.e. only your profile. It would make this concern go away, and I'm sure there are others, no matter how few, who would appreciate it.

I'm not sure what the issue is here. If you like to sync your trophies at a specific time of day, what is stopping you continuing to do this even if someone else updates it prior to this time?

What is it that causes an impact on what you're doing? Is it data collation?

You do have a point though. AFAIK my account is updated at midnight automatically, why someone would want to update a profile that isn't there's doesn't make much sense to me. The option should be just View. You should be signed in to your own account to manually update. Not a big deal though.

When I search somebody's account I always update it and then I view it. Yesterday I was going to udate my profile to see the trophies I got in Q*bert Rebooted and it was already updated, it could have been updated automatically or by someone else. If it was by someone else it feels even better because someone was interested in my profile, my trophies. I always say that your trophy list is PUBLIC, unless you hide it, and if youre afraid of people's judgement on your account/trophies there must be something wrong with you. Dude, this suggestion makes no sense at all and goes against whats good on psnp, as @Kittet3pointed out.

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, WalSerpa said:

vPVFbIj.png

I sincerely don't see what's funny about laughing at other people's OCD. All of us have our own quirks. Respect them.

Back on topic, I sort of understand the need for a specific time at which you would want your profile to be updated every day, and other people manually updating your profile messes that timing up.

Case in point: I take a snapshot of some trophy statistics at the same time every day. As it is right now, I have to always update my profile before I do this because I can't be sure it has been synched to PSNProfiles since my last trophy. This feature would help, but for me it's not really a big deal.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Soraking1991 said:

I sincerely don't see what's funny about laughing at other people's OCD. All of us have our own quirks. Respect them.

Back on topic, I sort of understand the need for a specific time at which you would want your profile to be updated every day, and other people manually updating your profile messes that timing up.

Case in point: I take a snapshot of some trophy statistics at the same time every day. As it is right now, I have to always update my profile before I do this because I can't be sure it has been synched to PSNProfiles since my last trophy. This feature would help, but for me it's not really a big deal.

Because OCD is not a quirk  Mental health disorder =/= quirk.  People with OCD aren't like oh yeah it's my OCD so could you please fix that kthxbai.

When people use OCD out of context they're disrespecting the people who truly have OCD and suffer with it everyday

If you or someone you know is suffering with a mental health disorder, get help.  Don't suffer in silence.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Because it isn’t OCD. It’s a preference. At best, as you say, a quirk.

(...)

When people say “Oh, I’m a bit OCD about that’ or ‘Oh, that messes with my OCD’ when it’s really just a minor annoyance or something they prefer to be one way and it is another, they might as well be saying, ‘oh, I grazed my skin, damn I ‘kinda’ have skin cancer’

I like the way DrBloodmoney thinks and respects the use of the term OCD. I do agree that its over used by trophy hunters, especially when the subject "100% completionists" is beeing discussed. But Im on the same boat of people who uses it when it comes to "preference" or "quirk". OR, well, I might have a mental disorder! For example: in my psn profile, you know, where it displays how many friends you have, how many follow you and how many you are following, I have this "mental disorder" that these 3 numbers must be the same. If I have 50 friends, I need to folow and be followed by these same 50 people! To the point I will delete people or never delete them because of that, to make the numbers right. Anyway I hate the psn following system, it should disappear entirely!

Anyway, back to topic, I'm OK with the trivialization of the term OCD.

PS.: @DrBloodmoney You probably have the coolest trophy cabinet I've ever seen! Wont even mention "my breast" (Kat, Gravity Rush) is one of your milestones. Whoops!

GravityQueeen.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

PS.: @DrBloodmoney You probably have the coolest trophy cabinet I've ever seen! Wont even mention "my breast" (Kat, Gravity Rush) is one of your milestones. Whoops!

GravityQueeen.png

Lol, well thank you - yes, I’ve often mused that people who game the system to ensure specific trophies appear as milestones are cheating themselves (what’s the point in seeing your stats if you stroke the system to show you the stats you want) - but the odd wierd boob shot in your milestones is the collateral damage that opinion results in I guess! ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rjdon13 said:

If your problem is the time in the last update not being a round number, then edit the HTML to delete that and save it locally (assuming you are on a PC). Otherwise I dunno... don't look at the number? I don't even remember the last time I saw it was there. Different from the rank number that is very prominent, the last update time is out of the way.

56 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Because it isn’t OCD. It’s a preference. At best, as you say, a quirk.

The OP states that they are ‘kinda OCD’, which translates to “I have absolutely no concept of how debilitating and serious Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is, but think using a medical term for a very serious mental illness is a cute, funny way of explaining my little quirks and pet peeves.”

I know someone who developed OCD. It eventually became so they were unable to leave the house for years, and tthier care and requirements had an impact on every single person in their family and circle of friends. It is a very serious metal disorder - and misusing the term like this is enough of a faux-pas as to invite a little gentle ribbing.

When people say “Oh, I’m a bit OCD about that’ or ‘Oh, that messes with my OCD’ when it’s really just a minor annoyance or something they prefer to be one way and it is another, they might as well be saying, ‘oh, I grazed my skin, damn I ‘kinda’ have skin cancer’

In fairness, OCD can exist in more mild forms than the example you've dealt with.  Measuring it simply in 'how many years it prevents someone from leaving their house' is also doing the disorder a disservice.

Though I agree the phrase gets tossed around carelessly.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

In fairness, OCD can exist in more mild forms than the example you've dealt with.  Measuring it simply in 'how many years it prevents someone from leaving their house' is also doing the disorder a disservice.

Though I agree the phrase gets tossed around carelessly.

Ah, yes - that was meant to be a simplified way of conveying the idea of how bad it can be, but you’re right, out of context, that seems bad too.

fair cop, my bad.

• Like 1