Suggestion: Only YOU can update your trophies!

rjdon13

25 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

In fairness, OCD can exist in more mild forms than the example you've dealt with.  Measuring it simply in 'how many years it prevents someone from leaving their house' is also doing the disorder a disservice.

Though I agree the phrase gets tossed around carelessly.

To have OCD, like most mental illnesses, it has to affect your quality of life. The treatment for OCD helps people overcome their need to be compulsive because it's not possible to change the world to fit their needs. 

From the Mayo clinic: "There's a difference between being a perfectionist — someone who requires flawless results or performance, for example — and having OCD. OCD thoughts aren't simply excessive worries about real problems in your life or liking to have things clean or arranged in a specific way." 

Changing this isn't going to cure OP from OCD and changes like this aren't usually reasonable accessibility recommendations. If OP has a more compelling case of the utility of their suggestion, then we could have a decent discussion on it. 

OP can use opt-in trophy sites that allow only the account holder to update their account, I mentioned one in my first post, if this is truly affecting their life. This site has a specific scope that anyone can update accounts because we are primarily a leaderboards site. Leaderboards are competitive and wanting to check the competition's progress is natural. Even though their request sounds easy, it fundamentally changes how this site would operate. 

37 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

To have OCD, like most mental illnesses, it has to affect your quality of life. The treatment for OCD helps people overcome their need to be compulsive because it's not possible to change the world to fit their needs. 

From the Mayo clinic: "There's a difference between being a perfectionist — someone who requires flawless results or performance, for example — and having OCD. OCD thoughts aren't simply excessive worries about real problems in your life or liking to have things clean or arranged in a specific way." 

Are you agreeing or disagreeing, because I can't tell?  There are many degrees of what is qualified as effecting your quality of life.  I believe the compulsions technically need to be more than one hour a day impacted by it to be considered OCD... but compulsive behavior that requires two hours a day and only really effects you is more mild than someone who hasn't left their house for years and effects their families and friends as well.

The OP is clearly using the phrase incorrectly.  And I honestly couldn't care less xD ... but I'm just saying if you're going to acknowledge the incorrect use of it and try to educate people, it should be done tactfully rather than jumping to extremes.  Otherwise you aren't really giving the disorder any more careful attention than the person you're criticizing.

Edited by Dreakon13

To go back on track on the original topic of this thread, I don't think that only you should upload your own trophies.

Like many mention before, your PSN profile is public information that you agree to share.

Having it updated automatically or by someone else makes it much more convenient. When I go back and play a game on my PS3 or my Vita, it's a little bit annoying to go and sync your trophies on the system, when you want to check your stats.

I like how it's currently done on the PS4.

As soon as you unlock a trophy, you can update your profile on PSNP without having to sync your trophies on the console (or wait for a scheduled update).

Edited by omarbanzai

24 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You can also just pretend to be a female on this website long enough for some guy to buy you a premium membership but to get someone to budge, you need to make your profile picture into a semi-nude anime girl and act like you love anime, if you already really do then you're one step of the way there. After being an anime loving female, just comment on everyone's status updates with generic shit like "well done :awesome:" if they post about a platinum, or "Omg that's so funny xD" if they post something that is supposed to be funny. In the end, one of the guys who thinks you're a cute anime loving female will budge and get you premium, or you can pay the $12.99 once and skip the female anime girl grind. 

LMAO, speaking from personal experience?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

LMAO, speaking from personal experience?

I bought my own premium back when it was $9.99 but I see a lot of "Female" members thanking people for their premium when someone gets it for them anonymously, so maybe those tips really do work :D