Beating heroic bosses without glitches?

Shadiochao

Has anyone actually managed this, especially for the later heroic bosses in the game?

The infinite health room has been fixed, and I can't get Almuvaro's infinite damage glitch to work anymore.  But as things are now, I'm doing practically no damage to some of these bosses while trying to fight them legitimately.

I did, using Blood Knight. With Dark Knight and Bysurge it did seem that they had too much HP, or I wasn't doing great damage with my build (Strength). But they're certainly doable.

I do feel that augmenting your feathers is a must, as is having a proper build (I had around 130 STR at level cap and with equipment bonuses, and you could say I did waste points elsewhere), since some bosses are DPS races (Council and Cusith). Of course, Blood Knight helps a ton with not having to heal. Heroic Endless though, that's on a whole other level. Technically you could say I didn't beat her legit since I save scummed to keep my Gaia Leaves, and I kept some feathers to use the Medicinal Plume during her fear phase because the debuff during that phase is the worst and after that it was mostly about getting lucky on her last phase. A good shield also helps a great deal against Amulvaro.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2018 at 5:44 AM, Shadiochao said:

Has anyone actually managed this, especially for the later heroic bosses in the game?

The infinite health room has been fixed, and I can't get Almuvaro's infinite damage glitch to work anymore.  But as things are now, I'm doing practically no damage to some of these bosses while trying to fight them legitimately.

The debug room still work. I used yesterday and today. Try it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just beat Endless on Heroic.. holy shit, her and Eldritch Council are no joke! ?

I started as a Blood Knight and farmed for a +2 Scythe in the Obsidian Vale. I put 20 points into VIT, got STR up to 18 for Moss Shield, got END up to 35 and everything else went into FIN. Even so, Council took me 41 attempts. Endless must have been around that number as well, but didn't have the death counter keeping track with her as I kept reloading my save for the Gaia Leaves

Man, it feels fantastic to have done it! Still have to do The Perfect Run for the plat. Curious to see what the "huge" free DLC is going to bring! 

Edited by Arcesius

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2019 at 2:26 AM, Arcesius said:

I just beat Endless on Heroic.. holy shit, her and Eldritch Council are no joke! 1f633.png

I started as a Blood Knight and farmed for a +2 Scythe in the Obsidian Vale. I put 20 points into VIT, got STR up to 18 for Moss Shield, got END up to 35 and everything else went into FIN. Even so, Council took me 41 attempts. Endless must have been around that number as well, but didn't have the death counter keeping track with her as I kept reloading my save for the Gaia Leaves

Man, it feels fantastic to have done it! Still have to do The Perfect Run for the plat. Curious to see what the "huge" free DLC is going to bring! 

Any recommendations on Heroic Endless? I'm really kind of stuck here. It's the last one I need for my save file, and it's just....terrible design lol

I decided to go a slightly different route for my build, but I did use what you posted here kind of as a template (it does work quite well). The issue that I'm having is that I can't keep up with her constant barrages of attacks, so it makes it extremely difficult to learn. Despite me having a significant amount of END and HST, I still don't seem to have the Stamina available to block/dodge, while simultaneously making any sort of offense.

I would love to experiment with different builds, but being limited to only 2 respecs per playthrough (who thought that one up?) makes it kind of difficult to do that.

Edited by Whirled03
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Whirled03 said:

I would love to experiment with different builds, but being limited to only 2 respecs per playthrough (who thought that one up?) makes it kind of difficult to do that.

Wait a second.... YOU CAN RESPEC YOUR CHARACTER??? ?? I guess there are still hidden mechanics in this game that I didn't know of ? oh well... 

So for Endless... How far do you usually make it into the fight? There are 5 phases. I don't know how useful what I'm about to write is gonna be, since I don't have any super trick to cheese the fight, but let me just describe how I approached each phase: 

1. This phase should be easy enough. The curse here will insta-kill you if you don't block an attack before the timer expires, but that shouldn't be a problem. Speaking of which, don't dodge, it's not worth it. Instead, always perfect-block her three-hit teleport combo. If you stay on top of her, she can't really damage you with the second melee attack that she has, but you can easily parry that one and deal a good amount of damage. 

2. I'd recommend going for Fear next. Wait for the curse to be applied BEFORE activating the phase, then activate the fear phase and get rid of the curse by blocking the first attack you are able to. If you went for 4x areal damage after a three-hit combo, I'd recommend using this to get rid of the orbs that appear throughout this phase. An areal attack also drains less stamina, so that you can still block incoming attacks without running out of it. Without the curse active (70% less damage output), you should be able to easily 1-2 shot the small orbs. Also, if you are lucky and Endless is close to the orbs, your areal attack will damage her as well (depending on which weapon you use, of course)

3. Wait for the 70% damage reduction curse to wear off, and go for the next phase. I prefer Sadness next. The Swarmer or Solar Bow can deal good damage while Endless is trying to push you off the platform while standing still, but if you use the bow just know that each shot also drains stamina, and the curse in this phase will insta-kill you if you run out of stamina. 
    When she is doing the attack sequence where she goes from one side of the platform to the other a couple of times, just jump over her and do an areal attack. Overall an OK phase if you can manage your stamina, but I still died quite a bit here. 
    Oh, this is also the only phase where you'll have to dodge... if you time your dodge right, the lightning bolts won't damage you. 

4. The last phase is rage. Here you'll create a fire orb whenever you dodge, which you shouldn't be doing anyways. But just in case you create one, you can simply block it with your shield and it'll disappear. This phase was a bit problematic for me since I was using Moss Shield which drained my stamina while blocking. If you have a STR build then you could go for the Drake Knight Shield, which has also an S-block rating but doesn't drain stamina, and can block the fire projectiles that she summons from time to time. Otherwise, pick a side and do areal attacks (I used a Scythe, so this worked quite well) do destroy the projectiles before they can damage you. If you do this close to Endless, you can get quite a bit of damage in. The other attacks are similar to phase 1, so perfect-block and parry/reposte if you feel confident. 

5. Ah, the final phase... A combination of all other phases, and the curses will take away 10, 20 and 30% of your max health as time goes by (which isn't too bad if you ask me). She has more health now than in any of the previous phases, so it's just a test of endurance. Sometimes she'll do attacks from previous phases that allow you to deal a lot of damage (fire missiles, for example), other times she'll be a total bitch and keep summoning lightning bolts while pushing you off the platform. Perfect-block and parry/reposte her regular attacks, keep her burning with Solar Bow resp. keep a Swarm of bullets around you and she'll go down eventually. 

As general tips, obviously you want to put all plumes into damage to get a 200% damage output, and I had 9 Gaia Leaves at this point. You want to finish off the first phase without having to use any Gaia Leaf, and go into phase 5 with at least 3-4. 

Good luck man! I found Endless and Eldritch Inquisitor on heroic to be the most difficult challenge the game has to offer. The lvl. 1 speedrun sounds difficult as well, but I made it on my second attempt.. So once you have beaten Endless I'd say that the most difficult part is done! ?

Edited by Arcesius

@Arcesius

Thank you for the information, and yes you can respec ? it's the "Meditate" option you get from Zuma. If you wait long enough you'll get transported to a different area where you can talk to a NPC that allows you to redistribute your talents and levels.

As much I appreciate you writing that all out for me, most of it I already knew lol I've tried each individual phase, and I generally understand what's happening with it, but with her HP pool, it always turn into a battle of attrition that I never win. First phase is generally not a big deal, Rage doesn't seem too bad, Fear I haven't practiced much, but it's Sadness that always gets me with the damn lightning strikes, and the fact that you just don't get many opportunities to attack.

What I did was actually venture into NG+...well, my attempts were in NG+3 tbh. The reason why I did this is because I was experimenting; my original hope is that they allowed the player to clock back the difficulty. As it turns out, no you can't, but you can attempt the same difficulty (minimum NG+), so in effect it allows you to collect more Immortalites and Gaia Leaves.

In turn, I more or less was able to beat Amulvaro with brute force (I had 49 Leaves for the fight lol), but Eldritch didn't seem too bad once I actually figured the fight out. I can't really tell if I made things more difficult or not; I remember trying Heroic Dark Knight on NG, and him just destroying me, so some rationalization was "well chances are they're going to probably OHKO me regardless of difficulty so..." but I dunno.

Currently I'm trying to just continue forward in NG+, and see what it's like even further down the line. I have a backup save if it doesn't seem to be going well though.

@Whirled03 Yeah I figured you'd probably know how the fight works, but I really don't have any other tips unfortunately... During the Sadness phase, I would get a 3 hit combo + areal as soon as the fight starts, while she is preparing to let lightning rain down on you. Depending on whether I can stay close to her or not (depends on where the lightning strikes), I'd then empty my Swarmer on her, already dealing quite some damage. 

Other than that, areal attacks while she moves across the platform, and again some hits when she prepares for the lightning strikes. 

Dunno if NG+ will make it easier though. Sure you'll have a higher level cap, but I can imagine that her health will increase significantly... Let me know how it goes though, and good luck! 

On 1/17/2020 at 3:16 AM, Arcesius said:

@Whirled03 Yeah I figured you'd probably know how the fight works, but I really don't have any other tips unfortunately... During the Sadness phase, I would get a 3 hit combo + areal as soon as the fight starts, while she is preparing to let lightning rain down on you. Depending on whether I can stay close to her or not (depends on where the lightning strikes), I'd then empty my Swarmer on her, already dealing quite some damage. 

Other than that, areal attacks while she moves across the platform, and again some hits when she prepares for the lightning strikes. 

Dunno if NG+ will make it easier though. Sure you'll have a higher level cap, but I can imagine that her health will increase significantly... Let me know how it goes though, and good luck! 

No worries, I appreciate that you gave me something to work with though, as I've generally stayed away from using the Energy Weapons, so maybe that's something I need to try.

As it turns out, getting up to NG+5 makes the normal version of the fight nearly as hard as the Heroic version, so I kind of stopped there lol right now I'm continuing to experiment, seeing if perhaps the best way to tackle it is to just redo NG+ over and over to get all equipment to +10 and stockpile leaves. I'm hoping it'll make a difference, but I'm not fully confident about it.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:01 AM, JaySeeMicCall said:

@Whirled03 @Arcesius

Would one of you mind telling me how you reload saves on PS4? Never done that kind of thing on PlayStation before but I know for sure I’ll end up needing it for the Council and Endless

Reload saves? Do you mean using backup saves?

If so, if you're a PS+ member, at the main PS menu (before loading up the game), hover over the game and press the Options button on your controller. This should bring up a menu, and the top option is "Upload/Download Saved Data", where you can backup your save to Sony's server. You can only have 1 copy uploaded on the server though.

You can still use a USB drive if you have one inserted into the PS4. Once inserted, from the PS main menu, it's Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Copy to USB Storage Device. There's also Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data on USB Storage Device -> Copy to System Storage.

It's possible it may only allow 1 copy on a USB drive as well, but I'm not sure, since I've never needed more than 1 before.

• Like 1

Whew, finally got it. So it's definitely possible to kill them all in Version 1.08 with some practice and a lot of farming.

It does seem easiest (relatively speaking), if you stay on NG+ and farm Immortalites and Leaves first. Endless was definitely the hardest, but I did manage to get Amulvaro and Eldritch on the first try, with minimal heals (1 for Eldritch, like 6 for Amulvaro). Endless on the other hand, took around 40 Leaves because I was so paranoid about her OHKO'ing me. As it turns out, the Leaves do remove her Curses, but I'm unsure if it works on the first one she does (the one where it is removed by blocking).

I would recommend trying to max out all of your gear, while staying on NG+. This takes like a total of 9 or 10 playthroughs, which is pretty awful, but each playthrough is only about 2-3 hours if you're familiar with it (which you will be after a few playthroughs), even while taking the time to get all the Immortalites and Leaves. There are 10 Leaves per playthrough, but depending on how well you're doing, you may only have access to 9, as one is where the "corpse pile" leads you to. I think there are around 35 Immortalites per playthrough, assuming you can manage to kill Dark Knight, but skip over Amulvaro and Eldritch for each playthrough.

Even though farming for Immortalites is immensely boring, getting a hoard of Leaves is incredibly helpful. Not only that though, but by the time you're finished you should be extremely familiar with the game, which should clearly help for The Perfect Run trophy.

Why I recommend going on to NG+, is because although all the bosses have increased HP and damage, in terms of proportion, you can kind of outweigh them in terms of stats at a certain point. You can't do that in NG, because you're extremely limited in Immortalites and Leaves. A stockpile of Leaves means you can Augment all of your Feathers for the extra 210% damage for all of the more difficult boss fights.

Here is my Stat distribution as well as the gear I had for Heroic Eldritch, Amulvaro, and Endless:

Class: Blood Knight

VIT: 3 (+42 from gear)

STR: 8

FIN: 150 (+60 from gear)

END: 31

INT: 2 (had 5 INT for Dark Knight, then respec'd after, read below)

HST: 23

Weapon: Scythe

Ranged: Solar Bow

Shield: Energy Shield

Aura: Shard Aura (reduced damage)

Plume: Great Phoenix Plume

Helm: Consumed Knight's Helm

Cloak: Cloak of Darkness

Boots: Consumed Knight's Boots

The only thing to mention here, is that once you want to attempt Endless, you respec after you kill the Dark Knight. Light of the Phoenix (the "flashlight" spell), which requires 5 INT, is really useful for the Dark Knight, but completely useless afterwards.

For Talent Points, I took Aerial Dash (chose not to take Unlimited Energy), upper path for Weapon Master, and middle path all the way down, getting Soul Trigger. Not sure how useful Soul Trigger was with its long cooldown, but I did use it at least once per fight.

• Like 1