SuperSaiyan3985

Better than God of War?

60 posts in this topic

For me, definitely.

 

Combat isn't restricted by the camera and there's actual combos and verticality, the story actually makes some sense and the character is compatible with its gameplay.

 

Look, God of War has better graphics, cinematics, it's a more grumpy sad looking dad-em-up, if that's your thing, fine, but I was so underwhelmed by how you slog through it, and I didn't find the story too compelling, because I wouldn't forgive Kratos myself for what he's done in previous games, so why bother, also there's a new lore, so give me at least seven good bosses instead of a talking head that lays down a rigid lore.

 

Spider-Man actually does everything that I wanted from a proper God of War sequel, the action, the bossfights, and has an actual relatable protagonist, who really-really cares about others. God of War tries to pull a "violent is bad" schtick (while still bashing everybody's heads), and Spidey shoots webs to catch if somebody would fall in a fight. HE SAVES ACTUAL CRIMINALS.

 

I don't know, Spidey all the way, and I'm not even a Marvel fan.

Edited by fbdbh
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Spider-Man is much better than God Of War, but then again I thought God Of War was slow-paced, boring and not nearly as fun as earlier God Of War games, so it isn't a hard comparison for me.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Spidey shoots webs to catch if somebody would fall in a fight. HE SAVES ACTUAL CRIMINALS.

I always go out of my way to try to push criminals off buildings. I usually don't look how they fall but I checked one the other day and it magically gravitated to a wall and got stickied to it, lol. Still, I love to finish off enemies by slamming them while sticky so it makes it look like they got incapacitated.

 

I'm not a Spider-Man fan either, but this game caught my attention.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

 Spidey shoots webs to catch if somebody would fall in a fight. HE SAVES ACTUAL CRIMINALS.

 

I don't know, Spidey all the way, and I'm not even a Marvel fan.

 

1 minute ago, AndresLionheart said:

I always go out of my way to try to push criminals off buildings. I usually don't look how they fall but I checked one the other day and it magically gravitated to a wall and got stickied to it, lol. Still, I love to finish off enemies by slamming them while sticky so it makes it look like they got incapacitated.

 

I'm not a Spider-Man fan either, but this game caught my attention.

 

Wait, THAT'S what happens when I kick people off of buildings? I saw stringshot a few times but didn't connect it to this. Going to take a look next time I kick someone off of a building, if this really happens. Very cool if so.

 

Also, I don't have any Spidey comics (yet), but Deadpool is the Marvel character I have the most of and he definitely compares to Spidey, smartass-wise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spider-man is excellent so all this comparing makes me excited to check out God of War. Asked a few of my friends and they all say GoW is still better and that I'm in for a treat when I finally get around to it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LepreCon1991 said:

Spider-man is excellent so all this comparing makes me excited to check out God of War. Asked a few of my friends and they all say GoW is still better and that I'm in for a treat when I finally get around to it.

 

They are really different.

 

Spider-Man actually resembles a lot of the old God of Wars, so this is one reason I prefer Spidey. New God of War is too cinematic for my taste, too self-serious and like Tomb Raider, the characterization falls apart the second you put some thought into it.

 

But still, God of War's production values are way higher, it's just not a fun, snappy game it used to be.

 

 

4 minutes ago, Spawn said:

 

 

Wait, THAT'S what happens when I kick people off of buildings? I saw stringshot a few times but didn't connect it to this. Going to take a look next time I kick someone off of a building, if this really happens. Very cool if so.

 

 

It happens automatically, and it's awkward if you pay attention, because it doesn't really connect to Spidey in a very visible way, but it's... implied.

Edited by fbdbh
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LepreCon1991 said:

Spider-man is excellent so all this comparing makes me excited to check out God of War. Asked a few of my friends and they all say GoW is still better and that I'm in for a treat when I finally get around to it.

 

4 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

 

They are really different.

 

Spider-Man actually resembles a lot of the old God of Wars, so this is one reason I prefer Spidey. New God of War is too cinematic for my taste, too self-serious and like Tomb Raider, the characterization falls apart the second you put some thought into it.

 

But still, God of War's production values are way higher, it's just not a fun, snappy game it used to be.

 

 

They're completely different games, just two high-profile PS4 exclusives, which is why they're being compared.

 

The Godfather is a better movie than The Amazing Spider-Man, but I wouldn't recommend The Godfather to anyone simply because they enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man. They're too different.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally like Spiderman a lot more. I didn't play GoW, but watched my fiance play it. It doesn't seem like a game i'd play. Although, Spiderman is so much fun, I love the open world, it's just an extremely pleasant and well-made game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comparing Spider-Man to Arkham City or maybe Infamous, I can get. But God of War is a bit weird because they're completely different games.

Edited by HellcoreFire
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough to compare as they are both drastically different games. I'd say they are both as good as each other for different reasons. The fact that we are asking this question really just highlights how spoiled we are for sheer amount of games to choose from. Good time to be a gamer imo :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh? Thats like comparing Call of Duty and Fifa.. Both are games, both are competitive but both are completely different.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Well, I've never played God of War, but I have played Spider-Man, and as such, I've spent a lot more time with Spider-Man, and of the two games, it's definitely the one I've played and enjoyed the most.

 

Oh, you!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spawn said:

 

 

They're completely different games, just two high-profile PS4 exclusives, which is why they're being compared.

 

The Godfather is a better movie than The Amazing Spider-Man, but I wouldn't recommend The Godfather to anyone simply because they enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man. They're too different.

 

5 hours ago, fbdbh said:

 

They are really different.

 

Spider-Man actually resembles a lot of the old God of Wars, so this is one reason I prefer Spidey. New God of War is too cinematic for my taste, too self-serious and like Tomb Raider, the characterization falls apart the second you put some thought into it.

 

But still, God of War's production values are way higher, it's just not a fun, snappy game it used to be.

 

 

Oh I know that they're different, I'm just saying that since I like Spiderman so much and the general consensus seems to be that GOW is still a better game then that's very exciting for me.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am absolutely shocked, SHOCKED, that the people with God of War avatars said God of War, while the user with the name spider guy said Spider-Man.  Absolutely SHOCKED.

 

Spoiler

I vote Spigoder of Warman

 

Edited by angelgrievous
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

I am absolutely shocked, SHOCKED, that the people with God of War avatars said God of War, while the user with the name spider guy said Spider-Man.  Absolutely SHOCKED.

 

  Hide contents

I vote Spigoder of Warman

 

LOL

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fbdbh said:

 

Spider-Man actually resembles a lot of the old God of Wars....

 

I never thought about that. It's actually a really good comparison.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I play God of War I want to feel Kratos rage. The 2018 ver. felt like a old man who lost his drive. Spidey def. Feels awesome playing. Its like that tingling feeling...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fbdbh said:

It happens automatically, and it's awkward if you pay attention, because it doesn't really connect to Spidey in a very visible way, but it's... implied.

Yeah it was really poorly done. I guess the idea is that he attaches a web mine to everybody he throws off a building so they don't die. But it doesn't look like that. They just get attached to something eventually.

I'm pretty sure even The Amazing Spider-Man would have him web them to the railings and stuff if he knocked them off a raised platform. So they'd e thrown off, but attached to the railing/siding and then hang there. It made sense and worked. Why couldn't they do that here? Insomniac is a better developer than Beenox. It's been awhile so maybe I'm not remembering right. I wish that game got ported to PS4. :( The sequel is lame. Would've platted a 3rd time.

Edited by Elvick_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm feeling that Spider-Man is getting a bit repetitive. Somehow I never felt that during God of War.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are both great but it's like comparing filet mignon and cheesecake; they are both awesome but they are eaten to satiate different appetites. 

 

By the way, you really should add Polls to these threads or why even bother?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 1:01 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Tough to compare as they are both drastically different games. I'd say they are both as good as each other for different reasons. The fact that we are asking this question really just highlights how spoiled we are for sheer amount of games to choose from. Good time to be a gamer imo :)

Unless you’re on Xbox.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zarmatura93 said:

I'm feeling that Spider-Man is getting a bit repetitive. Somehow I never felt that during God of War.

Same. Plus I enjoyed the storyline of GOW from the get-go. I'm already cringing at some of the cutscenes in Spiderman (just passed Act 1.. hopefully it improves.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.