Better than God of War?

SuperSaiyan3985

For me, definitely.

Combat isn't restricted by the camera and there's actual combos and verticality, the story actually makes some sense and the character is compatible with its gameplay.

Look, God of War has better graphics, cinematics, it's a more grumpy sad looking dad-em-up, if that's your thing, fine, but I was so underwhelmed by how you slog through it, and I didn't find the story too compelling, because I wouldn't forgive Kratos myself for what he's done in previous games, so why bother, also there's a new lore, so give me at least seven good bosses instead of a talking head that lays down a rigid lore.

Spider-Man actually does everything that I wanted from a proper God of War sequel, the action, the bossfights, and has an actual relatable protagonist, who really-really cares about others. God of War tries to pull a "violent is bad" schtick (while still bashing everybody's heads), and Spidey shoots webs to catch if somebody would fall in a fight. HE SAVES ACTUAL CRIMINALS.

I don't know, Spidey all the way, and I'm not even a Marvel fan.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Spidey shoots webs to catch if somebody would fall in a fight. HE SAVES ACTUAL CRIMINALS.

I always go out of my way to try to push criminals off buildings. I usually don't look how they fall but I checked one the other day and it magically gravitated to a wall and got stickied to it, lol. Still, I love to finish off enemies by slamming them while sticky so it makes it look like they got incapacitated.

I'm not a Spider-Man fan either, but this game caught my attention.

25 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Spidey shoots webs to catch if somebody would fall in a fight. HE SAVES ACTUAL CRIMINALS.

I don't know, Spidey all the way, and I'm not even a Marvel fan.

1 minute ago, AndresLionheart said:

I always go out of my way to try to push criminals off buildings. I usually don't look how they fall but I checked one the other day and it magically gravitated to a wall and got stickied to it, lol. Still, I love to finish off enemies by slamming them while sticky so it makes it look like they got incapacitated.

I'm not a Spider-Man fan either, but this game caught my attention.

Wait, THAT'S what happens when I kick people off of buildings? I saw stringshot a few times but didn't connect it to this. Going to take a look next time I kick someone off of a building, if this really happens. Very cool if so.

Also, I don't have any Spidey comics (yet), but Deadpool is the Marvel character I have the most of and he definitely compares to Spidey, smartass-wise.

4 minutes ago, LepreCon1991 said:

Spider-man is excellent so all this comparing makes me excited to check out God of War. Asked a few of my friends and they all say GoW is still better and that I'm in for a treat when I finally get around to it.

They are really different.

Spider-Man actually resembles a lot of the old God of Wars, so this is one reason I prefer Spidey. New God of War is too cinematic for my taste, too self-serious and like Tomb Raider, the characterization falls apart the second you put some thought into it.

But still, God of War's production values are way higher, it's just not a fun, snappy game it used to be.

4 minutes ago, Spawn said:

Wait, THAT'S what happens when I kick people off of buildings? I saw stringshot a few times but didn't connect it to this. Going to take a look next time I kick someone off of a building, if this really happens. Very cool if so.

It happens automatically, and it's awkward if you pay attention, because it doesn't really connect to Spidey in a very visible way, but it's... implied.

Edited by fbdbh

7 minutes ago, LepreCon1991 said:

Spider-man is excellent so all this comparing makes me excited to check out God of War. Asked a few of my friends and they all say GoW is still better and that I'm in for a treat when I finally get around to it.

4 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Spider-Man actually resembles a lot of the old God of Wars, so this is one reason I prefer Spidey. New God of War is too cinematic for my taste, too self-serious and like Tomb Raider, the characterization falls apart the second you put some thought into it.

But still, God of War's production values are way higher, it's just not a fun, snappy game it used to be.

They're completely different games, just two high-profile PS4 exclusives, which is why they're being compared.

The Godfather is a better movie than The Amazing Spider-Man, but I wouldn't recommend The Godfather to anyone simply because they enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man. They're too different.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Well, I've never played God of War, but I have played Spider-Man, and as such, I've spent a lot more time with Spider-Man, and of the two games, it's definitely the one I've played and enjoyed the most.

Oh, you!

4 hours ago, Spawn said:

They're completely different games, just two high-profile PS4 exclusives, which is why they're being compared.

The Godfather is a better movie than The Amazing Spider-Man, but I wouldn't recommend The Godfather to anyone simply because they enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man. They're too different.

5 hours ago, fbdbh said:

Oh I know that they're different, I'm just saying that since I like Spiderman so much and the general consensus seems to be that GOW is still a better game then that's very exciting for me.

15 hours ago, fbdbh said:

It happens automatically, and it's awkward if you pay attention, because it doesn't really connect to Spidey in a very visible way, but it's... implied.

Yeah it was really poorly done. I guess the idea is that he attaches a web mine to everybody he throws off a building so they don't die. But it doesn't look like that. They just get attached to something eventually.

I'm pretty sure even The Amazing Spider-Man would have him web them to the railings and stuff if he knocked them off a raised platform. So they'd e thrown off, but attached to the railing/siding and then hang there. It made sense and worked. Why couldn't they do that here? Insomniac is a better developer than Beenox. It's been awhile so maybe I'm not remembering right. I wish that game got ported to PS4. :( The sequel is lame. Would've platted a 3rd time.

Edited by Elvick_

On 9/13/2018 at 1:01 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Tough to compare as they are both drastically different games. I'd say they are both as good as each other for different reasons. The fact that we are asking this question really just highlights how spoiled we are for sheer amount of games to choose from. Good time to be a gamer imo :)

Unless you’re on Xbox.

• Like 2