Against the Arkham Franchise

SuperSaiyan3985

Ok, I myself think Arkham Asylum is on of the most perfect games to have ever been created, for it even to be compared to spider man is making me want to get this right now! Is spidey really that good? I did intend to but spidey but later down the line if I’m honest, if it’s even close to Asylum I will get it ASAP.

25 minutes ago, TiNnYzEuS said:

Ok, I myself think Arkham Asylum is on of the most perfect games to have ever been created, for it even to be compared to spider man is making me want to get this right now! Is spidey really that good? I did intend to but spidey but later down the line if I’m honest, if it’s even close to Asylum I will get it ASAP.

Spider-man is leagues better than arkham asylum. But I don't know if it's better than Arkham city which to me is the best batman game. It's extremely close though.

3 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Spider-man is leagues better than arkham asylum. But I don't know if it's better than Arkham city which to me is the best batman game. It's extremely close though.

I guess we have a totally different opinion on that one, which in turn doesn’t make me want spidey any more. While City is awesome I don’t think it created such a great atmosphere and story line as did Asylum.

• Like 1

You referring to me? I literally said I like it better than most of the Arkham games. You should actually read the post before judging the author next time.

The first part is about the direct comparison, I suppose that does refer to you since this is your topic.

The last part isn't about anything you've said.

2 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Arkhak Asylum the FIRST game of the Arkham serie is WAY better than this.

To you maybe.

2 hours ago, TiNnYzEuS said:

I personally think it's better and I'm a Batman fanboy to the core.

1 hour ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I wouldn't say it's LEAGUES better. Asylum did some things better than Spider-Man, like boss fights.

1 hour ago, TiNnYzEuS said:

I guess we have a totally different opinion on that one, which in turn doesn’t make me want spidey any more. While City is awesome I don’t think it created such a great atmosphere and story line as did Asylum.

I thought you just said that if it's even close to Arkham Asylum you'd get it LOL.

On 9/14/2018 at 0:11 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You know I’ve always wanted an Iron Man game, which, if it were to happen, would be unlike anything we’ve seen before. Just imagine.

Most superhero games I find are either a quick cash in to appease the fanboys, or are based off of some shitty movie which equals a shitty game. 

Look at Terminator Salvation. 

Arkham Knight and Spider-Man took years to develop and properly design, I don’t think Iron Man would get the same treatment. It’ll be more like Captain America: Super Soldier, or Deadpool for that matter. 

Iron Man has been out of the spotlight for about five years now, so I doubt too many people would care anyway.

On 9/19/2018 at 2:59 AM, Spaz said:

Most superhero games I find are either a quick cash in to appease the fanboys, or are based off of some shitty movie which equals a shitty game. 

Look at Terminator Salvation. 

Arkham Knight and Spider-Man took years to develop and properly design, I don’t think Iron Man would get the same treatment. It’ll be more like Captain America: Super Soldier, or Deadpool for that matter. 

Iron Man has been out of the spotlight for about five years now, so I doubt too many people would care anyway.

I don't see why that can't happen. With the astronomical success of Spider-Man, Sony & Marvel have seen the potential of the right superhero IP in the hands of the right developers, so it's very much possible.

And what the hell do you mean Iron Man's been out of the spotlight? Have you stopped following the MCU since IM3? He's very much still at the forefront.

• 2 weeks later...

My opinion may change as I only just started Spider-man. However apart from Asylum and maybe City, I think Spider-man is a much better game than Origins and Knight.... I loved City and Asylum to the point where riddler trophies were awesome and couldn't put the controller down. Knight and Origins felt like a chore. I couldn't finish origins (they have just overused Joker. I want a different villian. I get that the Joker is hallucination in Knight.) Spider-man feels fun and fresh. And web swinging - wow. All this coming from a mad Batman fan.

• Like 3

I've only played Arkham Knight and much prefer that game to spidey. Batman is a much darker story and I'm getting sick of spiderman at this point, Sorry fans though I think Spider-man is definitely a AAA quality title, It's just that the story and dialogue isn't really my cup of tea.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I've only played Arkham Knight and much prefer that game to spidey. Batman is a much darker story and I'm getting sick of spiderman at this point, Sorry fans though I think Spider-man is definitely a AAA quality title, It's just that the story and dialogue isn't really my cup of tea.

Pity.

9 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Pity.

It is a pity, Spider-man is indeed a top quality game and the fluid fighting mechanics are unmatched imo. I don't dislike the game but this is a comparison thread so my honest opinion will obviously be my answer.

Also, I do have Arkham city on the ps3 that I've never played so that's what you get with a big backlog of games.

And, for some reason, the R&D trophy popped last night even though I finished the research quests 2 days ago.

I'm a big fan of Arkham franchise and this was the first Spider-man game for me. I'm still playing it but it feels really boring for some reason. The city is great, animations and graphics are sweet but it feels like collection of separated missions. Arkham series was much more solid than this. So i'd say Arkham franchise is way better than this Spider-man game. It is still a pretty good game it just not a great game.

On 10/6/2018 at 7:00 PM, Gumby114 said:

My opinion may change as I only just started Spider-man. However apart from Asylum and maybe City, I think Spider-man is a much better game than Origins and Knight.... I loved City and Asylum to the point where riddler trophies were awesome and couldn't put the controller down. Knight and Origins felt like a chore. I couldn't finish origins (they have just overused Joker. I want a different villian. I get that the Joker is hallucination in Knight.) Spider-man feels fun and fresh. And web swinging - wow. All this coming from a mad Batman fan.

The Riddler collectibles in City and Asylum were great. Just the right amount, and referencing a lot of villains and past encounters for Batman fans, even more if you read those old comic books. City had around 400 collectibles if I'm not mistaken, but they were done with creativity and effort so they weren't that bad.

Knight however put a whole bunch of collectibles behind the Batmobile, meaning you have to use it to get a majority of them. Some you have to remote control the vehicle while you were out using your gadgets, which made the whole process a chore. Plus the Riddler was basically taunting you the entire game, and you can't lock him up until you get all those collectibles finished. They can take upwards of 5 to 10 hours if you follow a guide, moreso if you try to figure them out yourself.

Personally, I don't think there is anyone out there who can do a better job at Joker than Mark Hamill. He may be an old man by now but I haven't heard of anyone top his voice. The Joker is pretty much overused in basically everything, he's the most famous villain of all time. Plus he played the Joker in the old Batman cartoon from the early 1990s, which I absolutely loved watching as a kid growing up. There were a number of villains in Knight that were scrapped, with the only notable thing being their items being shown on display at the police station.

Maybe I need to play in 4K resolution on a PS4 Pro to see the awesomeness of Spider-Man? I've played for a few hours on another account and I have to say, those side missions are incredibly dull and boring. It definitely has the Batman Arkham Knight vibe which I appreciate, but unpopular opinion incoming, I just think it's alright. Maybe it gets better later, but the beginning sequence with Fisk left a bad impression on me.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2018 at 3:11 PM, Spaz said:

The Riddler collectibles in City and Asylum were great. Just the right amount, and referencing a lot of villains and past encounters for Batman fans, even more if you read those old comic books. City had around 400 collectibles if I'm not mistaken, but they were done with creativity and effort so they weren't that bad.

Knight however put a whole bunch of collectibles behind the Batmobile, meaning you have to use it to get a majority of them. Some you have to remote control the vehicle while you were out using your gadgets, which made the whole process a chore. Plus the Riddler was basically taunting you the entire game, and you can't lock him up until you get all those collectibles finished. They can take upwards of 5 to 10 hours if you follow a guide, moreso if you try to figure them out yourself.

Personally, I don't think there is anyone out there who can do a better job at Joker than Mark Hamill. He may be an old man by now but I haven't heard of anyone top his voice. The Joker is pretty much overused in basically everything, he's the most famous villain of all time. Plus he played the Joker in the old Batman cartoon from the early 1990s, which I absolutely loved watching as a kid growing up. There were a number of villains in Knight that were scrapped, with the only notable thing being their items being shown on display at the police station.

Maybe I need to play in 4K resolution on a PS4 Pro to see the awesomeness of Spider-Man? I've played for a few hours on another account and I have to say, those side missions are incredibly dull and boring. It definitely has the Batman Arkham Knight vibe which I appreciate, but unpopular opinion incoming, I just think it's alright. Maybe it gets better later, but the beginning sequence with Fisk left a bad impression on me.

I agree with Mark Hamill is amazing and will no one will ever come close to his performance. He is the most iconic villian and will be for a long time, even though he isn't my favourite villian that Batman has. I adore the Tahliah story in Arkham City. That was the pinnacle of Batman story writing in the Arkham Franchise for me. All the side quests were amazing. I just cannot get into the Batmobile in Knight. 

I have just finished act 2. While Spiderman is an amazing game, first impressions may of been a bit hyped. Its great dont get me wrong... 

My one gripe is that story missions set up collectables. Side missions sure. But not story missions. Fisk hideouts, taskmaster crates and demon warehouses to name a few.. Pacing just feels weird. And I agree. Some side quests are a bit repetitive.