Glitched Trophies you are glad didn't glitch on you (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Hey guys, as a few of you know @Bushido7745785 and I have a podcast, "Plat Cast" and every week we ask the community here at psnprofiles one of our topics of discussion and that topic this week is:

"Which trophies are you glad that didn't glitch on you? Did any glitch in your favor or against you?"  

We look forward to your replies and a shout out to Vincent for sending in this topic!

One of the most frustrating ones was for Surge Deluxe on the Vita Grinder Man trophy - destroy 100,000 blocks.

there is no tracker for this, will not unlock in puzzle mode which means a grind in the same game mode for hours. I literally never thought this was coming until 7 months after starting the game it finally popped. So glad this didn’t glitch.

cant say I’ve had any that glitch in my favour however I’m currently playing Flatout 4:Total Insanity and only discovered the other day that the platinum is impossible playing the in the latest patch (1.03) due to one car not being acknowledged as unlocked. Finding out this is a bit of a kick in the teeth but hoping when I come to it I may get lucky! 

I'm glad :gold: Obsessive Compulsive from Rage didn't glitch on me. It's for getting 100% in the campaign. And also no problems getting those from the Coop Mode, one mission glitched and was impossible to finish on the 1st try, but all went well in the 2nd attempt...

A good glitch occured in Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands: the trophy :gold: Got Walkthrough? popped after 19 of 21 sarcopagi found :D

And also both :silver: Aqua Icognita and :silver: Territorial from Bioshock 2 (PS3) Online glitched in favor for me... i played private matches mostly instead of public games on the dlc maps :)

Edit: not sure if this is a glitch really but i was surprised when :silver:  Moon Mission Meister in Borderlands The Pre-Sequel (PS4) didn't pop while being guest in an online lobby... all other trophies are obtainable but just this one which requires to complete all side quests didn't... i had to do a new playthrough and character to finish all main + side quests :(

Edited by Evil_Joker88

One trophy I’m glad didn’t glitch out on me would be Dead Space’s 2 Hard to the core trophy where you can only save in the game 3 times and there are no checkpoints. I died so many times trying to attempt this trophy that I could probably play that game blindfolded and know where i’m going and where enemies will spawn. If that trophy didn’t pop at the end of that game I probably would of gave up my career as a trophy hunter and would of thrown my controller at the tv. I can never play that game again. 

• Like 1

There's a buggy trophy in Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment- that requires you to get the final blow on every boss (there's like 20 or 30 total). So besides being glitchy, it's also stupidly missable. Apparently the trophy should pop fine if you keep the boss rewards in your storage, and that worked fine for me, but just knowing that there was a chance that I would get to the end of the game just to have it glitch out was nerve wrecking. 

After wasting 7 hours of my life trying to get it to work and trying to get back to where I was, I'd say I'm glad the Fly like an Eagle trophy only glitched once on me, literally anything from AC Brotherhood could glitch on you, Il Principe has glitched on many people imagine doing 100% on everything in AC Brotherhood only for the trophy not to pop, I'm glad only 1 trophy glitched for me

Trophy that didn't glitch on me - 'Hardcore Risette Fan :bronze:' from Persona 4 Golden.  Missed this trophy on my first 2 playthroughs of the game, despite seemingly doing everything correctly.  Fearing that it had glitched on me I didn't think that I'd be able to get the Platinum, as others had reported the same issue.  Managed to unlock it on a 3rd, very carefully planned out playthrough thankfully.  Haven't picked up Persona 5 yet (I will do eventually) partly because of this.  

Trophy that glitched in my favour - 'Obsessed :gold:' from Borderlands 2.  You've got to collect 10 pics of Moxxi in Campaign of Carnage and many players report that this has glitched for them, requiring much more than 10 to unlock (as many as 20 in some cases), which can be a real grind.  Thankfully the trophy managed to pop for me after only getting 6 or 7.  No idea why or what I did to deserve that luck, but I didn't complain.

Trophy that glitched on me - 'Dealt with every Little Sister :bronze:' from Bioshock.  Was going for the platinum for this game on the PS3 when this trophy glitched on me.  Had gotten all but 1 Little Sister, despite killing all of the Big Daddies, yet one Sister was nowhere to be found.  Despite checking & rechecking every inch of that game for countless hours, and reloading several saves, I couldn't get the trophy to unlock.  Put me off from replaying the game & haven't (unfortunately) touched another Bioshock since.  

Doom 3 BFG edition - While not a glitch for a trophy but there is a glitch in two sections of the game that makes the game unbeatable. Both are pretty late in the game as well. One has a lift not activating after turning on a reactor and the other has a ladder not extend far enough to continue the game. Both are an issue if you've gotten all the way there on nightmare difficulty which basically has everything kill you in one hit and you're constantly losing health until you reach 25 HP.

Doom 2016 - Doom again (What is it about doom and glitches?), there is a trophy that can glitch called "The circle is complete" where if you die in a specific level it can glitch the trophy. So you have to beat the level, the challenge for the rune for the trophy in the level, all on one life. It wasn't that bad of a level, but it's still stressful to go through without dying.

CoD (any of them) - Trophies for Veteran difficulty levels is said to potentially glitch on people, I have yet to have that happen to myself :)

On 9/12/2018 at 0:37 PM, Xillia said:

There's a buggy trophy in Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment- that requires you to get the final blow on every boss (there's like 20 or 30 total). So besides being glitchy, it's also stupidly missable. Apparently the trophy should pop fine if you keep the boss rewards in your storage, and that worked fine for me, but just knowing that there was a chance that I would get to the end of the game just to have it glitch out was nerve wrecking. 

If Beta Tester was also glitchy on Re: Hollow Fragment then I'm seriously happy that didn't glitch on me lmfao. 

Didn't Glitched:

The 6 Co-Op trophies for Far Cry 3.

It took me all day and night playing the game off and on it get all 6 of them. Now I did have issues with the co-op; at the end of chapter 3 half of the people kept glitching into a mountain, they left and I have to look for a new game. It took forever and I even played Ass Creed 3 online between looking for games (getting those trophies done).  And even though it was a pain finding games now of the trophies glitched. All popped at the right time Yeah! And I got the Plat.

Glitched:

Dr. Croft
Complete all Artifact Collections

From Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I just spent the day getting all the collectibles and I'm right at the end without collectibles. Somehow I'm at 80%. And all areas are 100% done, something isn't right here. Hoping New Game Plus can help. ?

Edited by Jamescush147

The infamous Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic (AWP) from Grand Theft Auto 4 glitched on me...at the least the first time around. I was very careful to check off every mode/race/etc that was required of the trophy only to find out that the trophy didn't pop after what I thought was my very last race needed on that list. Luckily it only took me only a few hours of redoing some of the races and that it didn't take me going through the whole entire checklist again to get it to finally pop. The horror stories though that I've read of others who did 2 or 3 rounds of the entire checklist and still couldn't get it to pop, I sympathize with them.

I've had a game glitch one time on my old account that prevented me from getting a trophy. On the PS3 version of FFX, you have to pick up a Rusty Sword to get Auron's Celestial Weapon. Problem is though, the sword never spawned for me to pick up. Normally, that would of screwed me out of the weapon master trophy, but I wasn't gonna have that. I spent 6 hours learning how to edit PS3 saves so that I could put the sword in my inventory. Everything was good after that.

I don't think there is a good that I'm glad didn't glitch. I'm usually not aware of them unless the glitch is that the trophy never unlocks.

Edited by BerserkerHeru

I'm glad Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic didn't glitch on me. 

Now i'm doing The DaVinci DLC for ACB and I hope Il Principe won't glitch even if every trophy i'm earning from it is unlocking after several seconds from when I met the requirement, so i'm a little afraid the glitch may happen.

The only negative glitch I experienced so far was for Ratchet Deadlocked, I only needed Ace in the Hole Skill Point to unlock 3 trophies + platinum but I only got the trophies for Ace the Hole and Maaaaaad Skill (earning all of the 165 skill points) but the trophy for competing all the Skill points in the Battledome didn't pop...

I was very frustrated because I had to complete again the whole story... well I did it in about 2 hours going straight with the Harbinger but still annoying.

Apart from Ratchet Deadlocked I really never had problems with other trophies and i'm glad for this