Boss Fights (COMPLETE) | Tips and Strategies

rubhen925

Hey guys, it's Rubhen here. I know i am late to this game, but Spider-Man and my recent move to a new city got in the way of making videos and such. These are all the bosses you will come across in the main story!

*Secret Tip* - Use a sniper rifle, scratch that, use multiple Snipers to blow through bosses :P

1) HOUSECARL INVADER

The boss is pretty standard but hits hard. This enemy can rush you which will always knock you on the floor leading to a follow up attack which you won't have time to dodge, so make sure to dodge the boss's chicken run attack. Right after that, you can shoot it's core on its back. This will be a common theme in this game. All enemies seem to have one common weak point. Their core on the back. So aim for that, and you don't have to worry about draining their armor/stamina/shield.

The boss can also shoot from left to right or at you directly. Easy enough to dodge. Again i don't do the best job but you can learn from my mistakes.

2) HOLMEGUARD COMMANDER

Again not a difficult boss, but tricky because of the battlefield. There are green cracks on the field, and if you walk on top of them you get trapped for a few seconds. If the boss hits your when you are vulnerable, you take severe damage. So tread carefully.

This boss has a couple attacks. He can charge at you with his spear and try to poke you. He can do a smash attack with his spear, and can also swing the spear left to right.

The final move which you want to look out for is the one where he plants the spear on the ground and shoots a laser beam from his shield. At this point if you run to his back side and shoot his core, you will do massive damage.

Pretty much dodge all his attacks, if you get an opening shoot the core.

3) RAVAGER COMMANDER

This is the third boss you will come across and can be quite annoying. Though i make short work of the boss with the sniper rifle here.

He has this tendency to send shockwaves to where you are about to run. The game has this intuition of where you will be running and will always send bullets, projectiles, and shockwaves towards that way. I really didn't last long to those, so i basically used my sniper rifle with explosive shot to take him out quickly.

The boss can also swing his axe to do massive damage, as well as jump and smash down on you. They were one shotting me so i would avoid a full frontal approach. As you can see the charged power shot does a ton of damage to this boss, so i advise the use of sniper rifles, as dragging the match out is to his benefit. He will spawn two enemies later in the fight to make it even harder. Since i was doing so much damage i blew through that phase and you don't get to see it here. I suggest using grenades to takes those extra enemies out quickly or using power shots. The longer they are on the battlefield the more harder the fight becomes to micromanage both the boss and the enemies.

Shotguns also do considerable damage so i advise using them too

4) SOOTHSAYER COMMANDER

This is the 4th boss in the game and is found on the 3rd Planet.

This boss for me took a while due to the multitude of additional enemies that get summoned. Also when i got here i was extremely underleveled. A couple hits and i got knocked out.

The boss himself has only a couple attacks. The addition of enemies is what makes this a troublesome fight. At the start of the fight try to get a couple good shots in as he will take a few seconds to summon 2 drones.

Once summoned the boss with do one of 3 things. He can shoot projectiles, or form a shield around his body and float closer to you and then hit you, or just try to swipe you with his weapon.

Meanwhile the drones will constantly hound you and shoot at you. If you get too close they can self detonate, and try to take you out along with their explosions. This is most of the time a one shot if the explosion is directly beside you. I highly suggest running for you life if you see a drone anywhere near you.

This can effectively be a long fight if you let it be. As you can see i do short work of the boss health until i run out of bullets for the sniper rifle. If i had used the small ammo pack earlier in the fight, this would have been a short fight, but hey, you live and learn.

As always a clean shot at his core on is back does massive damage, so try to prioritize in getting behind him.

5) ISKA

This is the 5th boss that i fought, though after fighting the Soothsayer Commander, you can pretty much fight any of the next 3 bosses in the order you like.

So ISKA was the most challenging for me at this point because she can heal constantly throughout the fight, and she hits ridiculously hard, especially her laser move. Also while she is healing you can't stop her. She will also summon enemies while she is healing. So this can get really hectic.

At the start of the fight she can send shockwaves on the ground. You can dodge through them or hide behind a pillar. If she gets close to the pillar you are standing behind she can use her mechanical wings to break them.

She can also shoot projectiles at your and rush to your position and smash you. Lastly she can get on the ground and do a horizontal swipe with her wings. Again you can dodge through them or run away.

As you can see my sniper rifle does some massive damage to her, I wish i had another one as i could have ended the fight within phase 1 but yea.

She goes into healing after you take out a considerable portion of her health. During this part the enemies with shield come out. I ran out of sniper ammo, so i ended up using the shock auto shotgun. YOu have to kill these enemies quick to stop her from healing all the way.

Killing the enemies does drop some ammo for you so that is awesome. Really needed ammo for the sniper. Once she starts phase 2, she can now use laser attacks along with all her other previous attacks. And pretty much rinse and repeat till you can beat her.

Just be careful on how you manage your health as this could potentially a long fight!

6) ARLEN

So this is the boss found in the second half of the planet Veridian.

This is probably one of the more easier bosses i've come across. This giant tree is passive for the most part.

The boss has only a handful of attacks but are quite damage. Still easy enough to dodge. Throughout the fight you want to be looking at the left and right pools of water. Tree roots will spawn from the water and swipe you. Aim with your gun and take em out. I had a Legendary sniper rifle which usually one shots them.

Next the boss can send small bugs coming towards you. You can shoot these bugs or roll through them. Right after this the boss will throw tree branches at you. So make sure to run away or dodge at the right time.

Lastly a bigger tree root with a humanoid looking creature will spawn from the water. There is a red orb in the middle of it's chest. Shooting and killing this creature will make the boss open and show it's core in the middle of the tree. During this part your goal is to shoot the core as much as you can. My sniper rifle did so much damage it usually just took one shot to move to the next phase.

During this part the boss will shoot giant tree roots at you, so dodge left and right. Once you drain it's health by damaging the core, you're back to the start of the phase. Just rinse and repeat to beat the boss.

Shotguns work well here as long as you can get close to the core.

7) MALOG

In terms of story this is the second last boss i faced. This creature is found in the second half of the planet Apexion.

He does monstrous damage but they are all easy to spot.

Now when i fought him i steam rolled him due to the insane damage I was doing so i didn't get much of a chance to study all his moves so some things might be incomplete here.

If you did not break any of the chains throughout the level, while trying to get to this boss then he will be chained down for the first half. This is good as he will only be doing frost wave attacks which are easy to dodge. You can also pump a ton of bullets into his chest where his core is. If you have a powerful gun then you will probably take half his health out.

This will move him into phase 2 where he breaks the chains and starts roaming free. During this part he can do the frost wave attacks and will rush you as well. He can also do jump smash attacks, and will also try to swipe you. Unfortunately this is all his arsenal that i know of, because as you can see i destroyed him with my awesome legendary sniper rifle.

Shotguns are also beast here!

8) ARAS

Ok so this is kind of awkward...... I did not know that this guy was a boss. Seriously. He died with one shot of my sniper rifle. His health bar didn't even show up. Because it didn't look like a boss fight i didn't record the fight my bad.

But I watched my friend fight him and he pretty much is a ranged caster. He can shoot orbs at you, along with having a shield around him that negates shots. Try to get inside the shield to damage him.

Sorry this is all the info i have. I didn't realize this was an actual boss lol. My sniper rifle is too OP!

Video incoming as soon as i get through another playthrough..... SORRY

9) Final Boss Fight (NAYLON) & ENDING

So this is the final boss of the game, NAYLON.

He turns into this weird monster that is quite the fight honestly. Because you really don't have much time to get behind him, hitting his core is a problem.

I ended up staying in front of him because he has wide arcing swings that hurt quite a lot when trying to get behind him. I would honestly only recommend the sniper rifles here because getting too close can cause problem with his giant mantis like arms.

He can shoot small projectiles in rapid succession with one arm or both arms. They travel in a weird semi circular trajectory so it's hard to explain. But once you see it a couple times you'll know how to dodge it.

he then can summon 3 pillars of fire. Dodge/run from these ASAP because they will melt your health! And he can also summon a fiery shockwave. He will have to charge this move so make sure you run away from him.

lastly he can split into two. The clone will do ice attacks instead of fire. So i recommend using a Combined patch with reduces all incoming damage types. Shooting the clone a couple times will destroy it. The clone can do all the moves that Naylon can do, so make sure to keep an eye on both of them.

Once you beat him, you get a incomplete ending, like most game within this genre, and that's that. Congrats on beating the final boss!

10) All Optional Bosses

So there are 13 optional boss fights in the game. I will not be explaining how to fight them because all of these bosses are reskins of normal enemies with bigger health bars, and also clones of actual bosses you fight in the story. If you can beat the story of the game then these bosses shouldn't be anything new. The only thing that makes these fights harder are the fact multiple enemies may spawn during the fight and annoy you. So make sure you are well prepared and have good weapons before heading into these fights.

So, many of these fights are really short due to the fact that i am using the most broken weapon in the game. It's a Legendary Sniper rifle. Hitting critical shots melts the boss health. But you can use shotguns as well :)

Good Luck!

Timeline:

1) AMBER MONARCH - 0:05
2) CASTELLAN PEACEKEEPER - 2:05
3) ECHO OF ISKA - 2:29
4) SILENT JANISSARY - 6:26
5) MOLTEN CONTAMINATOR - 7:24
6) FLAMEBELCHER HIEROPHANT - 9:44
7) ROGUE REPROBATE - 13:04
8) PARALYTIC JUDGE - 14:34
9) ROGUE FALLACY - 16:50
10) ECHO OF ARLEN - 17:14
11) DEPARTED AGITATOR - 19:54
12) ECHO OF MALOG - 20:29
13) ROGUE MALEFACTOR - 20:52

Well the thread is complete now :)

I was missing the location to the final optional boss but managed to find it before moving onto my new game.

Hope this was informative!

Cheers

Edited by rubhen925
  • Like 2