Both trophies related to 'memorable moments' glitched

DamageDKami

I've been playing Steep for over 24 hours now and I still haven't gotten the trophy for 1 memorable moment of each category and the trophy for 15 different memorable moments out of 41. These are not rare trophies, so I definitely should have gotten them by now. I even counted the different memorable moments I got just tonight and it was more than 15 and at least 1 in each category. Still no trophies.

If you check the trophy stats on this site you can see that people still get the trophies, but it seems to have slowed down drastically. On the Ubisoft Steep forums other people complain about this issue as well (both ps4 and xbox). So as of right now it is a big risk to start Steep if you want to go for the 100% or platinum. The game has been patched a few times and the last patch probably caused this, so hopefully another patch will follow that addresses this trophy glitch! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

These are indeed glitched since your account on the Ubisoft site will list 0/41 Memorable Moments, but if you do either of the requirements in a single play session (Meaning without closing the game) you can get both trophies just fine. Just keep a list at hand and try to do the easiest ones you can and it should come sooner rather than later.

On 29.9.2018 at 9:44 PM, soliunasm said:

but if you do either of the requirements in a single play session (Meaning without closing the game) you can get both trophies just fine.

I'm afraid, this doesn't work. But to clear things up for me: The memorable moments are the ones popping up in the bottom right corner of the screen? Furthermore I can see the amount of obtained moments in a ride, when I open the mountain view after a ride (see screenshot)? I've obtained at least one in every category (assuming one bar in the screenshot is one category, so 6 categories in total) in a consecutive session (even in the same area) and still no trophy.

So you'd say, the trophy "The memory remains" should've popped, @soliunasm? Or did I get something wrong?

tfzkVfI.jpg

Both memorable moments trophies refused to unlock normally for me, as well.

I think in the end, what I had to do was meet the requirements in one session in one of the DLC areas. I think it was Alaska.

30 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

I'm afraid, this doesn't work. But to clear things up for me: The memorable moments are the ones popping up in the bottom right corner of the screen?

Yeah, that should be it. Here's a list of some of them, although I think some have been added and removed since the post was made:

Edited by Shadiochao

I can confirm that getting 15 different moments in one session unlocks the trophy. I did them scattered around the Alps, no need to stay in one specific area or get to a DLC-area. But I've noticed one important thing: Even if you fulfil the requirement for a moment but the popup in the bottom right corner of the screen doesn't appear, it won't count. When you fulfil requirements for multiple moments at once (like crushing gold, beat a friend, beat your own best) it might not display all moments as a popup. Even if it's listed in the ride summary (see screenshot in my post above) it won't count towards the trophy!

If you see 15 different popups, "Red-letter day" unlocks just fine. If you see all 6 different popup colors (= categories) "The memory remains" unlocks as well. You can even combine them. My 15th moment was of the 6th category and both trophies unlocked. Fortunately they're just bugged and not unobtainable.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:38 AM, woggly4 said:

I'm afraid, this doesn't work. But to clear things up for me: The memorable moments are the ones popping up in the bottom right corner of the screen? Furthermore I can see the amount of obtained moments in a ride, when I open the mountain view after a ride (see screenshot)? I've obtained at least one in every category (assuming one bar in the screenshot is one category, so 6 categories in total) in a consecutive session (even in the same area) and still no trophy.

So you'd say, the trophy "The memory remains" should've popped, @soliunasm? Or did I get something wrong?

Glad you got it eventually, and yes, they're the ones that pop up at the bottom. I personally got them both before I even posted that so I knew they worked, but you're correct in saying things don't stack. You have to see that you got it in the bottom-right corner, the line itself lies to you on what you got, you need to keep a personal tally of what you have that appeared there. Should have made this clearer.

• 2 months later...
On 10/7/2018 at 6:53 PM, woggly4 said:

I can confirm that getting 15 different moments in one session unlocks the trophy. I did them scattered around the Alps, no need to stay in one specific area or get to a DLC-area. But I've noticed one important thing: Even if you fulfil the requirement for a moment but the popup in the bottom right corner of the screen doesn't appear, it won't count. When you fulfil requirements for multiple moments at once (like crushing gold, beat a friend, beat your own best) it might not display all moments as a popup. Even if it's listed in the ride summary (see screenshot in my post above) it won't count towards the trophy!

If you see 15 different popups, "Red-letter day" unlocks just fine. If you see all 6 different popup colors (= categories) "The memory remains" unlocks as well. You can even combine them. My 15th moment was of the 6th category and both trophies unlocked. Fortunately they're just bugged and not unobtainable.

Could you please elaborate that a bit more, so if I start the game and do them all in that play in, say Alps, it should unlock? If I understood you correctly.

I restarted the game and got one of each but still didn't unlock the trophy for 1 moment is 6 separate categories. Also, given that these are the last things missing I can't unlock the do first 720/1440 etc. jumps as I already did them. Same goes with first KO, instant KO, all alps POI's (already got them), and free ride points in 1 ride...

Could you list the ones you did (and had success repeating for red letter) or did you delete the save and start from scratch to be eligible for all of them new?

12 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Do i need to delete my save to re do the ones ive already gotten?? 

I tried deleting the save but since it's that wonderful always-online-ffs experience most are also considered achieved by server side and it doesn't help. Tried the way woggly4 mentioned but it didn't work.

Also found a thread dating back to april to october last year and ubi doesn't seem to be overly interested in patching it...

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1874127-PS4-Memorable-Moments-amp-Red-Letter-Day-Trophies

shame, doing all the grindy/difficult stuff to be denied platinum because of a minor patchwork.

I had this problem, don't know if this helped solve it, but 2 things happened for me.

1. Ubisoft reset their servers. Hopefully it's not this one.

2. When you go to the pause menu, at the very bottom left is a Uclub (I think it's red) icon that you can navigate to click on.I believe this connects with your account that you can find here. Not sure if logging into the site is needed (which you can just use your PSN account by clicking Login -> Click on PSN icon -> Accept), but I'll leave it in case. After clicking on the red icon in the game, I might have restarted, not sure, but both trophies unlocked soon after.

Edited by Septomor
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Septomor said:

2. When you go to the pause menu, at the very bottom right is a Uclub (I think it's red) icon that you can navigate to click on.I believe this connects with your account that you can find here. Not sure if logging into the site is needed (which you can just use your PSN account by clicking Login -> Click on PSN icon -> Accept), but I'll leave it in case. After clicking on the red icon in the game, I might have restarted, not sure, but both trophies unlocked soon after.

Yep, this just worked for me. Not instantly, but when I gold the gold for 100% exploration these two popped too. 

• Like 2

I did 15 different Moments multiple times in one session yesterday, including Moments in all six categories. Trophies did not pop. Then I switched to Alaska and did 15 different Moments again, and the trophies popped. I was so relieved. 

The moments I did was: 

- 500 Freeride Points in a row (simply find a ridge, and ride it, without jumping or anything, as those will count as Freestyle points)

- 5000 Freeride Points total (very easy, just keep going down the ridge)

- Friend Beaten

- Improved old score (Get a bronze medal on purpose in a challenge, then get a silver or gold the next time)

- 1 km WALK

- Long Ride (Easy in a Rocket Wingsuit - just keep flying around)

- Travel 5 km (Which you'll also get during the Long Ride in a Rocket Wingsuit)

- Stared KO in the Face (This was a bit tricky, but you have to crash at around 90-110 G for it to pop)

- Finisher Anyway (Easy to do in a Wingsuit challenge, where you just simply crash right in front of the finish line, so your body will still reach the goal)

- Skating on Thin Ice (I'm not sure what unlocked this, but it popped while I was going incredibly fast while going for... )

- 3000 G (Just go very, very fast for a long stretch. Easy to do in Alaska)... and... 

- Speed Demon (I'm not sure what the difference in this and 3000 G is, but you may get both while going for one of them)

- 2000 Point Jump (Quite easy to do actually. Just find a place with high jumps over deep valleys)

- 5000 Freestyle Points (I THINK it's 5000, might be 10000, but you may get this while going for the 2000 Point Jump)

- Beginner's Luck (Gold medal on first try. There was a really easy one in Alaska, scoring points by doing tricks) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Maahniac said:

I did 15 different Moments multiple times in one session yesterday, including Moments in all six categories. Trophies did not pop. Then I switched to Alaska and did 15 different Moments again, and the trophies popped. I was so relieved. 

The moments I did was: 

- 500 Freeride Points in a row (simply find a ridge, and ride it, without jumping or anything, as those will count as Freestyle points)

- 5000 Freeride Points total (very easy, just keep going down the ridge)

- Friend Beaten

- Improved old score (Get a bronze medal on purpose in a challenge, then get a silver or gold the next time)

- 1 km WALK

- Long Ride (Easy in a Rocket Wingsuit - just keep flying around)

- Travel 5 km (Which you'll also get during the Long Ride in a Rocket Wingsuit)

- Stared KO in the Face (This was a bit tricky, but you have to crash at around 90-110 G for it to pop)

- Finisher Anyway (Easy to do in a Wingsuit challenge, where you just simply crash right in front of the finish line, so your body will still reach the goal)

- Skating on Thin Ice (I'm not sure what unlocked this, but it popped while I was going incredibly fast while going for... )

- 3000 G (Just go very, very fast for a long stretch. Easy to do in Alaska)... and... 

- Speed Demon (I'm not sure what the difference in this and 3000 G is, but you may get both while going for one of them)

- 2000 Point Jump (Quite easy to do actually. Just find a place with high jumps over deep valleys)

- 5000 Freestyle Points (I THINK it's 5000, might be 10000, but you may get this while going for the 2000 Point Jump)

- Beginner's Luck (Gold medal on first try. There was a really easy one in Alaska, scoring points by doing tricks) 

Damn, thanks man, talked me into trying once more and just managed to do it in Alaska (dunno why it didn't work the first time around...) Also got some more tips and explanations for others.

- Skating on thin ice: mean riding fast like for the speed demon but having a low G/Stamina bar - so ride fast down the Denali mountain do a jump and land poorly (but to not fall) and keep driving fast. I recommend skis as snowboard tends to slow down more after a bad landing.

- Flying daredevil: 15-30 sec of proximity flying (close to mountain/ground) while wingsuiting - start from the top of Denali mountain and just stay close to it on your way down, it's not connected to points you can even crash and still get it

- In the heat of the action: super easy, just press L1 to get into GoPro (1st person view) and ride for 30 seconds (freeride moment)

- Stared KO in the face: can be done with flying daredevil, while moderately fast and close to the ground press UP on dpad to fall intentionally and slide down the mild slope, you should always land between 90-130G's so you'll get the sweet spot before the KO in a few tries

• Like 3

On 9/1/2019 at 10:43 PM, Maahniac said:

I'm gonna try this out tomorrow. Really hope it works!

On 8.1.2019 at 11:06 PM, Valkirye22 said:

Could you please elaborate that a bit more, so if I start the game and do them all in that play in, say Alps, it should unlock? If I understood you correctly.

Sorry for the late answer. Glad, you got the trophy eventually. 

To still answer your question - maybe to help others: Yes, I got it that way. Problem is, if you do 15 different moments and there is no popup in the bottom right corner of the screen, it won't count. So when I got the trophy back then, I did way more than 15 different moments (don't remember which), but it only popped after the 15th popup. Maybe some popups didn't show up in your case and the game "thought" you did less than 15 or it is super-buggy and I was just lucky.

I was able to get both of these trophies in the Alps area, and have a thought to offer - after a period of time, the game warns that it’s reached the maximum number of lines it can store in memory, and starts overwriting from the oldest forward. It would need checking, but it’s possible that the Moments need to have been recorded within the game’s stored lines. I have no idea how to go about checking this, but it’s the only other reason I can think of that might account for the variance.

Edited by darkjian92
Grammar fix
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dessane said:

I was having issues with this not unlocking while I was playing in the alps. I can confirm on my end that the trophies unlocked when I moved to alaska and did my 15 moments there.

This worked for me as well. It popped after having 3 (or 4) memorable moments in Alaska after doing more in that session in The Alps