Infamous sequel?

BlacknWhite098

So we heard about that new game called ghost of tsushima in e3 by sucker punch do you think they might start developing an infamous game maybe something with the existing characters or maybe a new storyline i mean we got 2 big infamous games on ps3 but only one on ps4 (first light is like a dlc) what do you think of this and would you like a remaster of the ps3 classics?

I doubt they go back to infamous anytime soon. Looks like sucker punch has moved on to much more ambitious games than infamous at this point. Your best bet is for them to allow another developer make a sequel. I want developers to make new games rather thean stick to the same exact series anyways. And yes I love the infamous games but I much rather have ghost of tshuima. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I doubt they go back to infamous anytime soon. Looks like sucker punch has moved on to much more ambitious games than infamous at this point. Your best bet is for them to allow another developer make a sequel. I want developers to make new games rather thean stick to the same exact series anyways. And yes I love the infamous games but I much rather have ghost of tshuima. 

It looks like an amazing game i might get it! However i dont like other studios taking over some games because some games are only good when that group of people does it

8 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Look what happened to Jak and Daxter. The last game was an abomination. Maybe someone can buy the inFamous series off from Sucker Punch and do a Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time type of deal, where another developer picks up where the series left off and creates a new game out of it. What Sanzaru Games did was give the characters justice, and it turned out to be a quite alright game targeted at younger audiences.

Speaking of which, Sly Cooper was also Sucker Punch before they sold off that series and made the inFamous games.

Edited by Spaz

12 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Look what happened to Jak and Daxter. The last game was an abomination. Maybe someone can buy the inFamous series off from Sucker Punch and do a Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time type of deal, where another developer picks up where the series left off and creates a new game out of it. What Sanzaru Games did was give the characters justice, and it turned out to be a quite alright game targeted at younger audiences.

Speaking of which, Sly Cooper was also Sucker Punch before they sold off that series and made the inFamous games.

6 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I don't see them going back to Infamous at any point soon. I love the infamous games as much as anyone and would love a remaster of the 3 games from PS3. If they let someone like Zanzaru take over and do a sequel I would be ok with it. 

I would like a remaster from any studio as long as they don't ruin the game!

28 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I don't see them going back to Infamous at any point soon. I love the infamous games as much as anyone and would love a remaster of the 3 games from PS3. If they let someone like Zanzaru take over and do a sequel I would be ok with it. 

Sanzaru previously developed Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time but I don't know about them making a new inFamous game.

I just don't see why people don't just stream the inFamous games with Playstation Now on their Playstation 4, or just go and play the games on the actual Playstation 3.

10 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Sanzaru previously developed Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time but I don't know about them making a new inFamous game.

I just don't see why people don't just stream the inFamous games with Playstation Now on their Playstation 4, or just go and play the games on the actual Playstation 3.

True but I don't use PSnow or do I have any intentions. That is why I would love to play them again as a remaster. I really am surprised it hasn't happened. If it don't it's okay I still think they were some of the best games last gen. 

36 minutes ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

I would like a remaster from any studio as long as they don't ruin the game!

If bluepoint games did it then it would be done right.

• Like 1

Just now, snakebit10 said:

True but I don't use PSnow or do I have any intentions. That is why I would love to play them again as a remaster. I really am surprised it hasn't happened. If it don't it's okay I still think they were some of the best games last gen. 

I don't either, but I think they need to stop with all the shameless remasters. People just want slightly better graphics and higher frames per second, they don't want to play the originals on their aging Playstation 3 consoles.

The remasters I want are for games that either don't have a trophy list or are games from times past. Like the first Assassins Creed for instance, still my favorite as far as story goes. Resistance: Fall of Man and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction could use a much needed remaster with an actual trophy list. But knowing Insomniac, highly doubt that will happen.

Then there's always the Playstation 2 games. Tony Hawk's Underground and it's sequel I would absolutely love to play again on the Playstation 4, if only to get trophies from those games because I played the shit out of them back in the mid 2000s.

Shemnue 1 and 2 are old Dreamcast games and look at the reception they've gotten. Jak X: Combat Racing is a direct port of the original Playstation 2 game, so it's entirely possible to see some of these older games get a much needed remaster.

I don't want remasters of games that have already been on the Playstation 3, we got too many of those.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't either, but I think they need to stop with all the shameless remasters. People just want slightly better graphics and higher frames per second, they don't want to play the originals on their aging Playstation 3 consoles.

The remasters I want are for games that either don't have a trophy list or are games from times past. Like the first Assassins Creed for instance, still my favorite as far as story goes. Resistance: Fall of Man and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction could use a much needed remaster with an actual trophy list. But knowing Insomniac, highly doubt that will happen.

Then there's always the Playstation 2 games. Tony Hawk's Underground and it's sequel I would absolutely love to play again on the Playstation 4, if only to get trophies from those games because I played the shit out of them back in the mid 2000s.

Shemnue 1 and 2 are old Dreamcast games and look at the reception they've gotten. Jak X: Combat Racing is a direct port of the original Playstation 2 game, so it's entirely possible to see some of these older games get a much needed remaster.

I don't want remasters of games that have already been on the Playstation 3, we got too many of those.

I can agree with you to a point. I know why some of the Sony exclusives got remasters was because of people who may of just came over to Sony for the PS4. I don't understand a lot of the the multi plat remasters. Unless they were late in last gen and was brought to this gen also.

I to would like to see some of the games without trophy list get the remasters. I never played the first Resistance game so that would be a good one. Or older games from past gemerations. 

Hoping next gen won't have as many remasters. I know this of subject here but one feature I really hope that is implemented in next gen is the ability to take our digital library over.

2 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I can agree with you to a point. I know why some of the Sony exclusives got remasters was because of people who may of just came over to Sony for the PS4. I don't understand a lot of the the multi plat remasters. Unless they were late in last gen and was brought to this gen also.

I to would like to see some of the games without trophy list get the remasters. I never played the first Resistance game so that would be a good one. Or older games from past gemerations. 

Hoping next gen won't have as many remasters. I know this of subject here but one feature I really hope that is implemented in next gen is the ability to take our digital library over.

I think the first resistance was probably my favorite. The difficulty was just perfect, had some horror aspects to it, and was great fun in co-op. Also, ammo wasn't as plentiful for the best weapons, so it was good to explore to find it or to conserve it for a big battle or rainy day. Definitely worth playing!

10 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I can see why. Microsoft was a very good competitor for Sony, the Xbox 360 outsold the Playstation 3 during the first few years. It had a terrible start, largely from the lack of interesting games to play and the ridiculous price Sony was charging for it at launch ($600).

This generation has all been on Sony's Playstation 4. The Xbox One has nowhere near the sales and profits the Playstation 4 has made these past five years. Phil Spencer has no clue what he's doing and I just see him as an asshole who shouldn't be working for Microsoft's flagship console.

Then of course, there are people like Angry Joe (known for his Youtube channel TheAngryJoeShow) from Youtube who didn't transfer over to Sony until the Playstation 4 came out (he previously reviewed games on the Xbox 360), so in that case I can see why a lot of people want these remasters. But to me they're just shameless. I suppose people want to see the Dead Space games and Mass Effect games remastered as well just as badly as they want the inFamous games remastered. I'd much prefer to play them on the Playstation 3, or at least stream them with Playstation Now.

The Playstation 3/Xbox 360 generation didn't have these shitty remasters, and I felt that in turn gave us more games worth playing. There's been plenty of good games for this generation, but what I see a lot is a ton of shit from Steam that was already released years before, and remasters like Assassins Creed Rogue Remastered that are just a way to get more profits, or get people to play a better version of what was already on the Playstation 3.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

So we heard about that new game called ghost of tsushima in e3 by sucker punch do you think they might start developing an infamous game maybe something with the existing characters or maybe a new storyline i mean we got 2 big infamous games on ps3 but only one on ps4 (first light is like a dlc) what do you think of this and would you like a remaster of the ps3 classics?

You forgot about Infamous Second Son which is also on PS4.

Anyway I'd like another game but really doubt it'll happen unfortunately.

I'm not holding my breath for a sequel soon either, even though I'd really like to have one. 

As with any franchise I like from the PS3 era I'd happily take a remaster of the three games for the PS4. Even a lazy "remaster" would do (*cough* Prototype *cough*), although improved graphics and frame rate would definitely be preferred.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Sly Cooper was never sold off, and inFamous doesn’t need to be either. It’s Sony who own them (and Jak), not Sucker Punch, so it’s down to them to do something with the IPs. 

For Sly and Jak, Sony contracted another dev to make the fourth games. So if an inFamous 4 were to happen it’d be the same deal: Sony would hire another team to do it, unless Sucker Punch did decide to do it themselves, but of course Sony would still need to give them the green light.

Bend Studio were actually making an inFamous game for Vita but Sony cancelled it when they stopped first party support of the system. :(

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Sucker punch didn't sell off anything. They are a subsidiary of Sony and therefore all their IPs are owned by Sony. 

That being said, I think it's totally up to Sucker Punch, if we are going to see any new infamous games soon, since they pitch their games at Sony and Sony probably won't force them to do something they don't want to do. And right now, SP are probably focusing on their new IP and might even do a sequel for that game. 

The only option would be, if Sony would really want a new Infamous game in their lineup and give the IP to someone else. But with Insomniacs Spiderman filling the gap of superhero games, I don't see that happening any time soon. 

I personally don't want another Infamous game. And i dont see it happening either. I played all of them except festival of blood. Infamous (1) was really good and i enjoyed it. Infamous 2 felt really stupid to me due to the fact all the characters had different personalities from their Infamous characters and the story made no sense. Second son was all right and quite enjoyable but i didnt like how they let u have all the different powers and id rather just see the smoke power being extended instead. Otherwise pretty good game. First light story mode just wasnt interesting but the arena mode was a smooth run and gun experience that i could just mindlessly do. I dislike first light above all other titles that i played however.

If they can make a game slight better than second son or on par with the original infamous im all for it. Otherwise i rather have the series die than to see it deteriorate.

2 hours ago, dell9300 said:

Sly Cooper was never sold off, and inFamous doesn’t need to be either. It’s Sony who own them (and Jak), not Sucker Punch, so it’s down to them to do something with the IPs. 

For Sly and Jak, Sony contracted another dev to make the fourth games. So if an inFamous 4 were to happen it’d be the same deal: Sony would hire another team to do it, unless Sucker Punch did decide to do it themselves, but of course Sony would still need to give them the green light.

Bend Studio were actually making an inFamous game for Vita but Sony cancelled it when they stopped first party support of the system. :(

1 hour ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Sucker punch didn't sell off anything. They are a subsidiary of Sony and therefore all their IPs are owned by Sony. 

That being said, I think it's totally up to Sucker Punch, if we are going to see any new infamous games soon, since they pitch their games at Sony and Sony probably won't force them to do something they don't want to do. And right now, SP are probably focusing on their new IP and might even do a sequel for that game. 

The only option would be, if Sony would really want a new Infamous game in their lineup and give the IP to someone else. But with Insomniacs Spiderman filling the gap of superhero games, I don't see that happening any time soon. 

My mistake there. I meant to say that the initial developer studio that made these games aren't interested in them anymore.

Sony doesn't have to restrict their IPs to studios that we've already seen. Bend Studios made Uncharted: Golden Abyss and did a great job with it. But I doubt they want anything to do with inFamous or Sly Cooper as they are still developing Days Gone, which is supposed to be their debut game for a home console. Ready at Dawn made those portable God of War games, who also made The Order 1886 and are probably developing a sequel.

I'm fine with no new inFamous game, but apparently a lot of people think four years is a long time and therefore a new game must be made. I'm sorry but they're just going to have to live with the games that have been out. Sly Cooper on the other hand could definitely use another game.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I'm fine with no new inFamous game, but apparently a lot of people think four years is a long time and therefore a new game must be made. I'm sorry but they're just going to have to live with the games that have been out. Sly Cooper on the other hand could definitely use another game.

I agree actually. I think inFamous should have a break while the devs pursue other ideas and perhaps come back on PS5. The Vita game planned by Bend would’ve been nice to bridge the gap but sadly it wasn’t to be. 

12 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Agreed, we need some new recognizable IP's

• Like 1

I'd definitely love another inFAMOUS. Second Son was my first PS4 game and I still put it on the list of "games to recommend someone new to PS4". Been impatiently waiting since. But Ghost of Tsushima looks like it might make up for the wait.

PS5 launch title maybe?

• Like 1