Playstation 3: A Retrospective (Updated April 20th, 2014)

Gotakibono

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gota how the shit have I only just stumbled upon this thread? Very interesting and well-written.

:wub:

Hahaha! Cheers! Hope you stumbled back here every now and again! :D

Great article. I enjoyed reading it.

Looking forward to more!

Thanks, bud :) Glad you liked it.

Hey GUYS I'm new on here so I just wanted to Introduce myself. The name is James and I love Sony so much. So I hope everyone has a nice day today. And see you all on the WILD side. ;3 

Fair enough.

I'l be writing a new post for this thread in the next day or two. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, appreciate it. Why do you cringe exactly? :P

lol because it's simply "PSN", putting "The" in front of it isn't even necessary and just sounds weird! Lol, it's like saying "The XBL" (Xbox Live) instead of "XBL".

Edited by BlindMango

I understand what you mean, but forgive me if I get a tad technical here: when an acronym is read as a word, it is generally used without an article (“the,” “a,” or “an”). However, when it is read as a series of letters it is generally used with an article. So, I place 'The' before 'PSN' in order to bring grammatical cohesion to the overall sentence that I'm constructing. In other words, I'm merely following the rules of English syntax. 

I understand what you mean, but forgive me if I get a tad technical here: when an acronym is read as a word, it is generally used without an article (“the,” “a,” or “an”). However, when it is read as a series of letters it is generally used with an article. So, I place 'The' before 'PSN' in order to bring grammatical cohesion to the overall sentence that I'm constructing. In other words, I'm merely following the rules of English syntax. 

That's very true, It's just that "PSN" is used so much more commonly than "The PSN" among the gaming community/industry that it makes "The PSN" sound plain awkward when used by anyone even though it is the correct way to say it. It's kind of like one of those common exceptions people have when they say that, haha, it's hard to explain.  :P

That's very true, It's just that "PSN" is used so much more commonly than "The PSN" among the gaming community/industry that it makes "The PSN" sound plain awkward when used by anyone even though it is the correct way to say it. It's kind of like one of those common exceptions people have when they say that, haha, it's hard to explain.  :P

Well, I can sum this up with the following: "The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everyone believes it."

Thanks for your feedback anyway, man. Glad you enjoyed the article, for the most part at least. :)

• Like 1

Well, I can sum this up with the following: "The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everyone believes it."

Thanks for your feedback anyway, man. Glad you enjoyed the article, for the most part at least. :)

Haha, that in no way ruined the quality of your article, the article is really fantastic and brought some good memories! It was just a personal pet peeve that I was speaking out loud about and nothing more than just that, so no worries!  ;)  It was nice to get your reasoning for using it that way, thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gota

I have an idea for a topic - Remote Play. I think it will be a big Miss but it was touted for both the PSP and the Vita to be able to remotely play games on the PS3. It simply didnt work or leaving your PS3 in the special standby mode where the Vita could start it made more noise than leaving the PS3 running.

Feel free to drop my idea in the bin if it aint the sort of stuff you were thinking of.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gotakibono, thank you for retrospective. Really interesting.

Thanks for the feedback, amigo.

Well presented article. I missed trophy dings for this.... and I can live with that.

Thanks bud. Got to love those trophy dings.

Gota

I have an idea for a topic - Remote Play. I think it will be a big Miss but it was touted for both the PSP and the Vita to be able to remotely play games on the PS3. It simply didnt work or leaving your PS3 in the special standby mode where the Vita could start it made more noise than leaving the PS3 running.

Feel free to drop my idea in the bin if it aint the sort of stuff you were thinking of.

I was thinking along the same lines with an article on remote play. :) The past month or two I've been far too busy to write anything, let alone on this thread, but in the next two weeks I plan to have at least four new articles up in time for the PS4's European release. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

wow man u really took a lot of effort on this thread :) agree with a lot u said. always hated the psn that was my biggest complaint. I switched from ps3 to 360 and couldnt believe ps3 online was so bad but this was in 2008..it's gotten a lot better over the years but ps4 is great overall. it's a great start and it's nice to see them making an effort to have a good online.

• Like 1