Deadly Obsession Difficulty

sword_of_omens

10 minutes ago, sword_of_omens said:

Curious as to how much harder the Obsession difficulty is vs the standard difficulty and what are some of the main differences?

Less ammo/resources? enemies more alert and need more damage to kill?

Wondering if i should start on this one or the normal...

Yeah someone chime in. I may pick it up but want some difficulty specs.

It's brutal. I've been playing on it and oh have I made a mistake. I just came here to make a topic about tips on this mode. It's not your average hard mode. Every death kicks you all the way back to last campfire and no survival instincts at all. Just died twice at one segment and I have to take a break for now.

I heard its not really really difficult, the problem apparently comes with having to replay an hr or more of a segment because of a stupid death.

Its made worse by collectibles apparently not saving instantly. If you die, not only do you have to redo story since last campfire, you also have to recollect everything, redo tombs etc

I was going to start on DO, but I think it will just become too frustrating

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

I heard its not really really difficult, the problem apparently comes with having to replay an hr or more of a segment because of a stupid death.

Its made worse by collectibles apparently not saving instantly. If you die, not only do you have to redo story since last campfire, you also have to recollect everything, redo tombs etc

I was going to start on DO, but I think it will just become too frustrating

Yeah the major problems are going to back campfire after stupid deaths (I jumped into a snake pit...) and the collectibles/no survival instincts.

I wanna just blow through the difficulty and do collectibles post game or new game plus. 

5 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Yeah the major problems are going to back campfire after stupid deaths (I jumped into a snake pit...) and the collectibles/no survival instincts.

I wanna just blow through the difficulty and do collectibles post game or new game plus. 

Just remember u cant drop difficult in DO m8. So endgame in DO, you cant drop it to make collecribles easier to find

Im going DO NG+

Powerpyx who appears to be a pretty big player on platinum roadmaps/guides says over and over again the need to play the first playthrough on easy/normal and get all collectables, side quests etc in that difficulty. And save DO difficulty just for the difficulty trophies on 2nd playthrough

Source: http://www.powerpyx.com/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-trophy-guide-roadmap/

• Like 2

I'm loving Deadly Obsession so far. I'm only at the first town of the game, but it has made the game so tense and engaging. A single mistake could cost you dearly and set you back a long while, so you have to be especially careful, and the removal of white paint makes the platforming so much more satisfying than it was in 2013 or Rise. Maybe I'll get annoyed with it later in the game, but so far I'd recommend it for a first playthrough because it feels like the difficulty the game is supposed to be played on. None of my deaths so far have felt unfair or unwarranted.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lidiardo said:

Powerpyx who appears to be a pretty big player on platinum roadmaps/guides says over and over again the need to play the first playthrough on easy/normal and get all collectables, side quests etc in that difficulty. And save DO difficulty just for the difficulty trophies on 2nd playthrough

Source: http://www.powerpyx.com/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Wtf the second I opened his site I got a pop up virus thing...

Also looks like I might just restart then. It's gonna be too stressful first time through on DO

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Any information on whether accessibility settings would make it easier or are allowed like with Uncharted 4?

Everythings fixed on DO as far as I know, so not on there unfortunately. Everything carries to NG+ apparently though so that will make it easier

Accessibility settings can be adjusted on all difficulties except DO

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

Do difficulty trophies stack? Like in uncharted 4?

Yes!
This mode is not hard to what someone has tried to say. for those who made 100% ROTR absolute certainty that will also do the same to this game. deadly obsession limits certain things, but in a new game + this mode is a walk in the park . plus IMO the only difficulty is in combat because the puzzles and the white paint in my opinion presents no difficulty. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Nimera said:

Yes!
This mode is not hard to what someone has tried to say. for those who made 100% ROTR absolute certainty that will also do the same to this game. deadly obsession limits certain things, but in a new game + this mode is a walk in the park . plus IMO the only difficulty is in combat because the puzzles and the white paint in my opinion presents no difficulty. 

Thanks! What a relief to hear someone that knows way more about the game than anyone else that tries to discourage other trophy hunters like me from getting the plat myself lol

1 hour ago, Nimera said:

Yes!

My hero for clarifying that ?

• Like 1