Nintendo Direct: Final Fantasy games coming to Switch

DragonQuest238

WARNING: This is a spoiler-thread for Nintendo's recent Direct. If you haven't seen it, go to this link.

You may have heard about Crystal Chronicles, an old GameCube game, getting remade for the Switch. However, they also announced these PS4 titles (and PS2 classics) getting retro-actively ported to the Switch:

• FFXV Pocket Edition HD
  • FFXII: The Zodiac Age
  • FFVII
  • FFIX
  • FFX/X-2 Remastered

Anyone want to discuss this? Anyone who earned the platinum for these games feel like it's a waste of money to buy them for Switch? For me, I might just never get the platinum for X/X-2 and just buy these games for the Switch because I don't like some of the trophies and wanted to play FFX like I did on the PS2 without any trophies.

Also, Asmodee, a card-game and tabletop company, is porting their physical games to the Switch in March 2019. Anyone who played Carcassone, Lord of the Rings Living Card Game or Pandemic can talk about it here.

Also, the new reveals of Luigi's Mansion 3 and Isabelle as a playable character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate as well as a teaser for a new Animal Crossing in 2019.

It's a good move by SE. Why limit yourself to a few platforms if it takes little effort to port them?

I've heard a lot of people say, "What does SE have against FFVIII?" I think SE is planning a remake or is planning something like for FFVIII. It's one of the most popular in the series, so I don't see SE leaving it on the shelf if there's money to be made. 

I wish Final Fantasy Type-0 would be in the list as well. I earned the platinum for FF7, 9, 10, and 12, but I don't mind to buy these games again for Switch because I'm not interested in most of Nintendo games, so I prefer to play these games to enjoy the story without worrying about the trophy. Hopefully, they are not digital version only. I have 3 versions of FFX/X-2 Remastered: Vita, PS3, and PS4, even they share the same trophy list. I don't know how to explain well, but playing the game on different console has different enjoyment and experience, or you can say I just want to waste my money.

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I wish we could get some Square Enix exclusive Nintendo games (The Bravely series and Octopath Traveler) in return but it will probably never happen unfortunately.

I think that the Bravely series and Octopath need to be Nintendo exclusive because otherwise people will try to platinum these games and not enjoy them as well. I don't want to be mean to PS4 versions of games but trophy lists can really ruin an experience. I'd love to play through FFX remastered but my OCD will force me to platinum it and, while I am slowly getting used to harder platinums like Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, I am still not going to waste my life trying to dodge 200 lightning bolts for a trophy. My FFX team never had Lulu anyways, it was Tidus, Yuna and Rikku. :(

7 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I think that the Bravely series and Octopath need to be Nintendo exclusive because otherwise people will try to platinum these games and not enjoy them as well. I don't want to be mean to PS4 versions of games but trophy lists can really ruin an experience. I'd love to play through FFX remastered but my OCD will force me to platinum it and, while I am slowly getting used to harder platinums like Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, I am still not going to waste my life trying to dodge 200 lightning bolts for a trophy. My FFX team never had Lulu anyways, it was Tidus, Yuna and Rikku. :(

Well, as far as I'm concerned a trophy list in never ruining my enjoyment of a game (and for the games I truly love I continue to play after the platinum/100%) and I don't really think someone that is really concerned about trophies should play long jrpg anyway. I already spent more than 300 hours between Bravely Default and Bravely Second but I wouldn't be against playing them again on PS Vita/PS4. 

And if you don't want to platinum a game and enjoy it you can still create another account where you only focus on enjoying a game without having to worry about the trophies :) 

Edited by itachi-destroyer