World of Final Fantasy for the Nintendo Switch?

DragonQuest238

They announced on the Nintendo Direct today that "World of Final Fantasy Maxima" is coming to Nintendo Switch and it involves playing as the Final Fantasy characters like Yuna or Cloud in the stacks, and they even showed a Lillikin Noctis! But some of the gameplay showed them wandering Mako Reactor 0 and I was wondering if this is going to be a remake of World of Final Fantasy which has this new avatar system that lets you transform monsters into Final Fantasy characters or what?

EDIT: Nevermind what I thought, it must be a new title because an article said this game is coming out for PS4 too. As a fan of World of Final Fantasy, I like to see them expand this world a bit.

Edited by DragonQuest238

From my understanding, it's an enhanced version of the game, with PS4 and PC users being able to purchase a DLC pack if they already own the game. From Gematsu, who took the following from the Japanese website:

• Point 1: Become a Final Fantasy Hero and Fight! – Lann and Reynn can transform into the characters of successive Final Fantasy titles and battle, and activate the dedicated abilities of each character. In addition to the legendary characters that have appeared thus far, new legends will also appear…!
  • Point 2: New Mirages – Unique new Mirages will also appear in Maxima. Certain characters from older Final Fantasy series titles will also appear as Mirages.
  • Point 3: Go Fishing with Noctis! – A new mini-game where you can fishi with Final Fantasy XV protagonist Noctis has been added. The mini-game has its own dedicated background music.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/world-of-final-fantasy-maxima-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

•  

18 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Cool, I might platinum this game on the PS4 since I have the original on the Vita. ^_^

Didn't the original shared a list with Vita/PS4? 

If what @Akimitsu782 said is true, then this should be just extra dlc, so, no new Plat (but I think it would be odd if "just" dlc wouldn't also hit the Vita).

Said that, I will want more info, since even though I'm not into chibi stuff, WoFF had something magical about it that made me love the game, even the random grind at the end of the platinum road..