Brink-2-Chaos

Disc wont patch?

7 posts in this topic

anybody else having issues with the physical game ,i Rented thru gamefly and it's trying to download version 1.04 and 1.00 at the same time gets about 90% thru then gives me error messages 

Edited by Brink-2-Chaos

It sounds to me like the disc is knackered and will have to be replaced. I say this because I had the same problem a few years ago with another game but getting a new copy and doing a fresh install, fixed it :).

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It sounds to me like the disc is knackered and will have to be replaced. I say this because I had the same problem a few years ago with another game but getting a new copy and doing a fresh install, fixed it :).

that's what i'm starting to think games doesn't even have a smudge on it which is weird, i have had games have bad patches before which is why im asking 

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That might be true if you're trying to install it, but a damaged disc won't affect a patch downloading or not, especially when you can download patches without even having the disc in the system.

9 hours ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

anybody else having issues with the physical game ,i Rented thru gamefly and it's trying to download version 1.04 and 1.00 at the same time gets about 90% thru then gives me error messages 

What's the error message? It's possible you're receiving a network error from psn servers 

Edited by SnowxSakura

i forgot the exact code but looking it up says corrupt data either on disc or hdd Guess it was just a rare  bad disc 

2 hours ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

i forgot the exact code but looking it up says corrupt data either on disc or hdd Guess it was just a rare  bad disc 

Have you rebuilt the database recently on your console? All it takes is one corrupt file on your HDD to prevent a game from running or patching

19 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Have you rebuilt the database recently on your console? All it takes is one corrupt file on your HDD to prevent a game from running or patching

Yup it was my first time popping the disc in too other discs worked fine w/e Gamefly already shipped another copy