Disc wont patch?

Brink-2-Chaos

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It sounds to me like the disc is knackered and will have to be replaced. I say this because I had the same problem a few years ago with another game but getting a new copy and doing a fresh install, fixed it :).

that's what i'm starting to think games doesn't even have a smudge on it which is weird, i have had games have bad patches before which is why im asking 

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It sounds to me like the disc is knackered and will have to be replaced. I say this because I had the same problem a few years ago with another game but getting a new copy and doing a fresh install, fixed it :).

That might be true if you're trying to install it, but a damaged disc won't affect a patch downloading or not, especially when you can download patches without even having the disc in the system.

9 hours ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

anybody else having issues with the physical game ,i Rented thru gamefly and it's trying to download version 1.04 and 1.00 at the same time gets about 90% thru then gives me error messages 

What's the error message? It's possible you're receiving a network error from psn servers 

Edited by SnowxSakura

19 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Have you rebuilt the database recently on your console? All it takes is one corrupt file on your HDD to prevent a game from running or patching

Yup it was my first time popping the disc in too other discs worked fine w/e Gamefly already shipped another copy