WoFF Maxima

So this happened.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/world-of-final-fantasy-maxima-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

basicly new content nobody asked for for around 20 bucks (well 2400yen, the german version said 18€ expected)

As someone who already plated this one, while I love FF in general, I wasn't too exited with woff. In the beginning I liked it but the feeling didn't last long.

Would you buy this?

Will it have new trophies? T_T

I will buy it with new trophies but I kind of hope there won't be any.

I would have loved part of this new content in the game but it's not worth a new playthrough imo.

What do you think?

Edited by Ai-ds_low
  • Like 2

I don't know. I certainly don't want to raise all of those Mirages again simply for a stupid fishing minigame.

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's more than likely a separate stand alone game due to the new name

But it says that previous owners can buy it as an "upgrade" in the article? Sounds more like a DLC to me.

Edited by starcrunch061

Just now, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, so it's confirmed that's dlc.. Odd that the Vita doesn't get this, seeing that the game was cross-save if I'm not wrong. 

Anyway, if there are new trophies (and I think that there will be), then I will buy it someday.. Depends on price and of my "to buy" list. 

Yeah, Crossave und same trophy list, so I really hope there are no new trophies..

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Anyway, if there are new trophies (and I think that there will be), then I will buy it someday.. Depends on price and of my "to buy" list. 

Looks pretty steep to me. $19.99-$24.99 USD, probably (Square always has a markup in our market). There's no way I'll personally pay that for a few trophies in a fishing minigame. 

Another FF topic, another cry baby (and probably more to come...)

I was hoping for a sequel but I'm perfectly fine with an upgrade to the main game. They are not forcing anyone to pay for content "nobody asked for" so if you don't want to play more WoFF, don't buy it. 

Whether they add trophies to this "maxima upgrade" or not I'll most likely buy the DLC as I really liked the game. Hopefully they add something else than some gameplay changes though, another mini story would be nice.

• Like 1

I'm happy to see more WoFF content, though I'm not sure how it's going to be handled for people who already finished the game (does it require a new playthrough due to new scenes and stuff or will all of that be post-game content?). They seemingly are bringing over characters and mirages from Meli-Melo (no Kimahri or Garnet though?) alongside some new ones. Also, good to finally see Serah show up in the actual game since they had a couple of hints of her in the base game.

8 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Looks pretty steep to me. $19.99-$24.99 USD, probably (Square always has a markup in our market). There's no way I'll personally pay that for a few trophies in a fishing minigame. 

I said that depends on price, but not exactly the day 1 price.. 

I rarely buy season passes if they don't come in deluxe editions (I buy a lot of Deluxe editions, mainly for steelbooks). Normally I wait until a +50% sale on the season pass before buying. Actually I think that the only season pass that I paid full price was FFXV just a few months before they announced the King's Edition and I regret buying it now, since the King's Edition has that for free..  Other then that 1, I don't remember buying a season pass at full price.. But it may change with Tekken 7, just depends on who are the 3 unannounced characters, since my 2 mains aren't in Tekken 7 yet (and don't have high chances of joining, since it's Kunimitsu and Zafina).

Sorry for going a bit off topic. 

28 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't know. I certainly don't want to raise all of those Mirages again simply for a stupid fishing minigame.

But it says that previous owners can buy it as an "upgrade" in the article? Sounds more like a DLC to me.

Ah didn't see that, only read the original announcement post on siliconera,

11 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Unnecessary and unwelcome.

Maybe you should try to apply your advices to yourself before insulting someone :) 

Stating that no one asked for new content for this game like it's a fact doesn't really seem like an opinion but seeing the way you reacted I'm just going to leave, I don't want to waste my time with someone acting like a "white knight" (just to throw an insult after ?). 

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Another FF topic, another cry baby (and probably more to come...)

I was hoping for a sequel but I'm perfectly fine with an upgrade to the main game. They are not forcing anyone to pay for content "nobody asked for" so if you don't want to play more WoFF, don't buy it. 

Whether they add trophies to this "maxima upgrade" or not I'll most likely buy the DLC as I really liked the game. Hopefully they add something else than some gameplay changes though, another mini story would be nice.

sersl, pretty much every post has to meet the perfect criteria to not be bullied, you can use really any phrase or expression you want and will always find someone to complain about it.

I like to state things in an extreme way, its much more fun to create a discussion. a normal discussion, not a mob. I didn't offend anyone, and oh I wasn't crying either. so you could choose to be nice. 

If you are offended bc I don't know you and wouldn't know if you "asked for anything" about Woff, you could choose to say "I asked for it" and join the discussion, thats how it is meant to be.

And yes, since there will be Christle Chronicles, Chocobos dungeon, most likely FF8 and 13 Trilogy on the way for the next probably 18 month, I think it's just too much and I don't think an third way to go fishing with noctis beside FF15 and Monster of the deep is indeed content nobody asked for.

Or did you especially asked for the noctis fishing minigame in WOFF yourself?

1 hour ago, Ai-ds_low said:

As someone who already plated this one, while I love FF in general, I wasn't too exited with woff. In the beginning I liked it but the feeling didn't last long.

Would you buy this?

Will it have new trophies? T_T

I've been going back to old games and doing missed trophies DLC when its discounted. If this does come out with trophies, I will probably get it months/years later when its discounted.

They always did seem to promise more for that game, I think everyone assumed that the time was passed and they wouldn't bother. 

33 minutes ago, Bos10George said:

I've been going back to old games and doing missed trophies DLC when its discounted. If this does come out with trophies, I will probably get it months/years later when its discounted.

They always did seem to promise more for that game, I think everyone assumed that the time was passed and they wouldn't bother. 

yeah I get that. 

ans discount it is for me too... but I experience it with FF15. I loved the game, really. but I still have to do all the DLCs. 5 times ^^" and I just can't get it over with.

Remember that Square (at least here in the states) are a little slow in discounting titles, and really slow in discounting CDs. It might literally be years later if you're waiting for that big discount.

55 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

And yes, since there will be Christle Chronicles, Chocobos dungeon, most likely FF8 and 13 Trilogy on the way for the next probably 18 month, I think it's just too much and I don't think an third way to go fishing with noctis beside FF15 and Monster of the deep is indeed content nobody asked for.

I remember you now! You're the one that I was bashing discussing Crystal Chronicles with!

2 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

yeah I get that. 

ans discount it is for me too... but I experience it with FF15. I loved the game, really. but I still have to do all the DLCs. 5 times ^^" and I just can't get it over with.

FF15 just had a sale, so I scooped up the Royal Edition for $20. Have no idea when I will get to it either, but its better than the $80 it costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Remember that Square (at least here in the states) are a little slow in discounting titles, and really slow in discounting CDs. It might literally be years later if you're waiting for that big discount.

I remember you now! You're the one that I was bashing discussing Crystal Chronicles with!

Lol your right xD twice

who was bashing, a lovely discussion is was ;)

and yeah square is just money grubbing and therefore it gives discount more unwillingly. but for example ff15 pocket came with release "discount" and wasnt as expensive as announced... but I think the price for Woff 2400yen is in general too much for the content they deliver... but thats another story

6 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, so it's confirmed that's dlc.. Odd that the Vita doesn't get this, seeing that the game was cross-save if I'm not wrong. 

This is what bothers me. Now if I want to play the new content, I'll have to go buy the PS4 base game rather than just buy a Vita-compatible DLC -_-;

Point 1: Become a Final Fantasy Hero and Fight! – Lann and Reynn can transform into the characters of successive Final Fantasy titles and battle, and activate the dedicated abilities of each character. In addition to the legendary characters that have appeared thus far, new legends will also appear…!

Point 2: New Mirages – Unique new Mirages will also appear in Maxima. Certain characters from older Final Fantasy series titles will even appear as Mirages.

Point 3: Go Fishing with Noctis! – A new mini-game where you can fish with Final Fantasy XV protagonist Noctis has been added. The mini-game has its own dedicated background music.

This to me reads as modifications to S/M marages in the form of Lann and Reynn, plus some new mirages.

So aside from the mirages there's only one minigame added? There's no other gameplay or story? Or am I missing something.

25 minutes ago, Siziolvec said:

This to me reads as modifications to S/M marages in the form of Lann and Reynn, plus some new mirages.

So aside from the mirages there's only one minigame added? There's no other gameplay or story? Or am I missing something.

yep indeed and the point that there will be SOME new FF favorite characters as mirages or characters or both. thats one point why I am not happy about it. I thought the game wastet a lot of potential from the beginning and now they bring parts of this potential in a way too expensive DLC.

After thinking about this a bit more, I think it's actually going to be a remaster. They announced it along with all the games that are getting released for the Xbox and Switch. As those systems wouldn't have the original WoFF game, it would have to be stand-alone.

Edit--

Now that I think about it even a little more, it's probably going to be like getting FFXV Royal Edition if you don't already have the game vs getting the Royal Pack if you do already have it.

Edited by eigen-space

On 9/14/2018 at 1:40 PM, Siziolvec said:

That's what I read here. DLC for WoFF has always been pretty steep.