WoFF Maxima

I liked WoFF, but what I loved most (and what made me buy it at D1) was the amount of seiyuu they called for this game. Too bad I bought it on PS Vita though, its performance was poor and I can't upgrade to Maxima. Now I just hope it will be a full package like the Royal Edition for FFXV with the base game plus every other DLCs included, japanese voices too, since buying a Day One Edition on PS4 AND Maxima is not going to be cheap...

Speaking of Maxima though, hype for Nocto, Serah and Y'shtola, I hope they add Zidane and Onion Knight too.

• Like 2

hopefully I can use my old save on this new maxima thing

I actually dont mind playing it again it was more fun to me than ffxv

but I dont want to level up my mirages again

I dont know if there is a ng+ I dont remember but if so it will be good to start ng+ with all my mirages and try to get the new ones,

if not I am not even bothering with it

• 2 weeks later...

I wish they would've devoted the development efforts into a sequel. I guess this gets them to put it on more platforms... so that's something at least. I loved WoFF and want more from it. But it doesn't seem to be adding much. Maybe this is a sign there is a sequel in development... I'm going to choose to hope for that.

• Like 1

The update/dlc is out today (already on the store for 15.99€). 

I don't see any trophies add in any site or even on the psn app, so, no trophies. This really shouldn't be a big update%dlc, seeing that SE usually add trophies with every dlc they release for their RPGs.. Making me even less inclined to get it.. 

What's the-new in this honking the-update (at the-least):

New intervention quests, sidequests, and story scenes

New items (including a treasure tracker)

New mirages and characters

New archive entries

A third on-screen party member (not an actual party member, just a visible companion)

Ability to bring 12 mirages with you (instead of 10)

New (super)bosses and an optional, harder version of the final boss

New colisseum fights and modes (time trial, consecutive boss fights)

A new bonus dungeon

A new secret ending with sequel hinting

A new mini-game (fishing)

New Game+

A new difficulty mode

PS4 version didn't get new trophies, but the new Xbox version has achievements that are for Maxima content.

Edited by zadorvp

15 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

The update/dlc is out today (already on the store for 15.99€). 

I don't see any trophies add in any site or even on the psn app, so, no trophies. This really shouldn't be a big update%dlc, seeing that SE usually add trophies with every dlc they release for their RPGs.. Making me even less inclined to get it.. 

funny enough the xbox version got extra achievements 

Has there ever been any instances where trophies were added for a PAID DLC after the paid DLC launched for a game? Seems ridiculous that new ones could be made for XBONE, but none for this. It's surprising because they added new trophies to FF15 just from FREE update patches alone; seems weird they couldn't be bothered to copy the new Maxima related achievements they made for XBONE and just have them be bronzes or something.

4 hours ago, zadorvp said:

New archive entries

A third on-screen party member (not an actual party member, just a visible companion)

A new bonus dungeon

New Game+

A new difficulty mode

PS4 version didn't get new trophies, but the new Xbox version has achievements that are for Maxima content.

Sounds like a big content update! 

41 minutes ago, BHK3 said:

funny enough the xbox version got extra achievements 

That's sad.. 

Even though I enjoyed it quite a lot, 16€ is way to much for me to pay. Kind of like Disgaea 5, I love Disgaea, but no extra trophies, means that I don't get that much of an incentive to spend extra money on it.. Said that, I recently got Disgaea 5 dlc, because it was just 8.50€ for the season pass.. 

2 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

Has there ever been any instances where trophies were added for a PAID DLC after the paid DLC launched for a game? Seems ridiculous that new ones could be made for XBONE, but none for this. It's surprising because they added new trophies to FF15 just from FREE update patches alone; seems weird they couldn't be bothered to copy the new Maxima related achievements they made for XBONE and just have them be bronzes or something.

I have a feeling the reason they didn't add trophies to the PlayStation version is that the Vita and PS4 share a trophy list and Maxima is only available for the PS4 version. They'd either need to make the content available for the Vita as well (unlikely), split the trophy list by system (I'm not sure if this is even possible).... or piss off a bunch of Vita players by making them buy the PS4 version as well (at least they have cross-save for this game).

22 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I have a feeling the reason they didn't add trophies to the PlayStation version is that the Vita and PS4 share a trophy list and Maxima is only available for the PS4 version. They'd either need to make the content available for the Vita as well (unlikely), split the trophy list by system (I'm not sure if this is even possible).... or piss off a bunch of Vita players by making them buy the PS4 version as well (at least they have cross-save for this game).

They could also make a new trophy list for the dlc (kind of like Driveclub has cars trophies on the Bikes list, and someone that buys only Driveclub Bikes, can't play anything car related..). 

But maybe Sony wouldn't allow them to do that, unless it was released as a stand alone dlc (think of Festival of Blood for inFamous 2), and they didn't wanted to do that, since the core game is the same. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zadorvp said:

New archive entries

A new bonus dungeon

New Game+

A new difficulty mode

everything only when I buy the dlc?

43 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Their official stance on it was that Vita players did have to buy PS4 version if they wanted new content, but because of cross-save, they shouldn't feel too burned by decision.

Ya, the DLC status vs the DLC only being on one of the shared platforms might be the reason, but I have seen some weird things with trophy stacks in the past. Currently it looks like the game, Xeodrifter, has only had a PS4 stack and a Vita stack. Earlier in time, it was actually listed as a Vita stack and a PS4/Vita/PS3 stack. Since it never came out on PS3, I'm guessing that's why that stack was corrected to just ps4.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Odd that the Vita doesn't get this

I read an article about the game which said that the Vita couldn't support Maxima because it lacked the memory to add it. That means I have to get the PS4 version again, which means no Pokemon Let's Go for me. :(

After checking the XBOX version's achievements added for Maxima, I am sort of glad that the PS4 trophy list can't be changed due to the cross-save system. I am almost glad the Vita can't get Maxima because if they made the same trophies as the achievements, I would probably rage-delete the game in spite, because the new achievements include:

• Playing Noctis's fishing mini-game until you catch Leviathan.
  • Defeating a powered-up version of Brandelis.
  • Defeating a 'dark dragon', probably a super-boss.
  • Defeating Enna Kross. Yes, you have the option to battle her, and she will probably kick my @$$. She's a GODDESS! :(
  • Getting all of these new 'champion jewels', which must be connected to the Avatar Change system as one of the trophies is called "Avatar Change."
  • Doing all of the new time attack battles in the Coliseum, and there will probably be 100 of them. ?

In other words, this is adding a lot of grindy annoying content to a game which is bad enough because it keeps the invisible random encounters that have been abandoned by all other modern RPGs.

Don't hate me: I love WoFF and can 't wait to download Maxima, but I prefer doing time-attacks in Kingdom Hearts more than this so if they add trophies like this, I'll never try to go for them while I live. Sorry, Square-Enix, but I won't support this DLC until AFTER I get the platinum for the original game.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I read an article about the game which said that the Vita couldn't support Maxima because it lacked the memory to add it. That means I have to get the PS4 version again, which means no Pokemon Let's Go for me. :(

After checking the XBOX version's achievements added for Maxima, I am sort of glad that the PS4 trophy list can't be changed due to the cross-save system. I am almost glad the Vita can't get Maxima because if they made the same trophies as the achievements, I would probably rage-delete the game in spite, because the new achievements include:

• Playing Noctis's fishing mini-game until you catch Leviathan.
  • Defeating a powered-up version of Brandelis.
  • Defeating a 'dark dragon', probably a super-boss.
  • Defeating Enna Kross. Yes, you have the option to battle her, and she will probably kick my @$$. She's a GODDESS! :(
  • Getting all of these new 'champion jewels', which must be connected to the Avatar Change system as one of the trophies is called "Avatar Change."
  • Doing all of the new time attack battles in the Coliseum, and there will probably be 100 of them. 1f620.png

In other words, this is adding a lot of grindy annoying content to a game which is bad enough because it keeps the invisible random encounters that have been abandoned by all other modern RPGs.

Don't hate me: I love WoFF and can 't wait to download Maxima, but I prefer doing time-attacks in Kingdom Hearts more than this so if they add trophies like this, I'll never try to go for them while I live. Sorry, Square-Enix, but I won't support this DLC until AFTER I get the platinum for the original game.

Haven't fought Brandelis again yet (but I'll have to for the new secret ending), but I've already beaten the Immortal Dark Dragon and Enna Kros. Personally didn't find them too hard, didn't even use mega mirages or gravity spells. They both feature gimmicks and more than one target (Enna fights begins with three opponents and IDD gains an increasing amount of low hp clone helpers that copy all his moves).

The champion jewels are fairly easy to get. If you did everything in the base game, then most of them are already buyable for you from the tea room. The rest are from new intervention quests and key item collecting (and Noctis from fishing up Leviathan, maybe? Haven't completed that fully yet).

The time attacks are the same fights you've already fought in the colisseum but with the added time limits AND level caps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

Would having the new DLC make earning the plat any easier?

Depending on how they've set those triggers, it may even be both harder and easier as there are new murkrifts (are they required for the previous trophies?) but also new mirages (easier to ge those mirage board trophies).

Edited by zadorvp

• 3 months later...
On 10.11.2018 at 3:10 PM, zadorvp said:

Depending on how they've set those triggers, it may even be both harder and easier as there are new murkrifts (are they required for the previous trophies?) but also new mirages (easier to ge those mirage board trophies).

any answer to this?