Possible remaster incoming

TheRealCincaid

So it seems Resonance of Fate for PS4 (and PC) was recently rated by the German classification board: https://popbastion.com/2018/09/14/resonance-of-fate-rated-for-ps4-pc-by-germany-classification-board/

I have fond memories of getting all trophies (well, achievements) for this and would definitely replay it on PS4. There's also rumours that tri-Ace have some announcements for TGS, this might be one of them?

Edit: And it’s official, trailer just released. And the remaster will release October 14:th. 

Trailer

Edited by TheRealCincaid

Awesome, one of the few RPGs I played on 360, little too complex for my liking at the time (I haven't played a lot of RPGs outside of Pokemon and  Final Fantasy) but it might be worth a revisit now that I'm older, wiser and more open-minded

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Resonance of Fate is a good game, but it seems like a strange re-master. Didn't Sega bitch that this game didn't sell enough the first time (even though it sold quite well for a Tri-Ace title that wasn't even one of their big franchises).

Even if the game didn't sell well the first time, it's still profitable to just slightly spruce it up for new consoles and sell it as a remaster. 

Just now, majob said:

Even if the game didn't sell well the first time, it's still profitable to just slightly spruce it up for new consoles and sell it as a remaster. 

I hope you're right. RoF (EoE for Europe) is a JRPG that deserves to be better known, and Sega really seems to be dusting off the catalogue these days. 

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I hope you're right. RoF (EoE for Europe) is a JRPG that deserves to be better known, and Sega really seems to be dusting off the catalogue these days. 

Yeah I thought it was a shame the game didn't do well, it was a lot of fun and very unique though unorthodox