Do collectibles carry over to NG+?

madbuk

Started playing this on Deadly Obsession, and I'm loving the difficulty of it, feels perfect, but going for all the collectibles I missed will probably be a pain without survival instincts after I finish the game, and I won't be able to drop it. Could I start a new game via NG+ and carry all my collectibles over, or would I have to start from scratch?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

Started playing this on Deadly Obsession, and I'm loving the difficulty of it, feels perfect, but going for all the collectibles I missed will probably be a pain without survival instincts after I finish the game, and I won't be able to drop it. Could I start a new game via NG+ and carry all my collectibles over, or would I have to start from scratch?

I'm curious about this too and also, can you go from one difficulty to the hardest when entering NG+? Don't wanna make a separate thread for this question.

Edited by Zach

My progress did indeed reset upon starting NG+, however I've noticed a number of collectible trophies popping far more early than they should. The 5 underwater relics one unlocked after my first underwater relic (one I had already gotten in my first playthrough), the all tombs trophy popped after my second tomb (and both of the tombs on my new save I had already done on my previous), and it only took one friendly kill to get the 5 friendly kills trophy.

So it seems that trophy progress carry over, but in-game the stats get reset? I wonder how this will effect the 100% trophy. I was at 71% after my initial playthrough I think so maybe it'll pop at 29% on my new run?

Edited by madbuk

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

My progress did indeed reset upon starting NG+, however I've noticed a number of collectible trophies popping far more early than they should. The 5 underwater relics one unlocked after my first underwater relic (one I had already gotten in my first playthrough), the all tombs trophy popped after my second tomb (and both of the tombs on my new save I had already done on my previous), and it only took one friendly kill to get the 5 friendly kills trophy.

I think certain trophies such as Zoologist (pick up bugs) and the underwater artefacts one do carry over across at least NG. However, I have experienced a glitch where random trophies for completion (ie, Dr. Croft) have popped up extremely late and without any kind of direct provocation (for example, Dr. Croft popped up randomly several hours into a NG+ run as I was running around collecting bugs), so it's possible there are just a lot of delays tied to bugs.

To be clear does this mean then that I could finish the game on a lower difficulty(grabbing all collectibles) and have all upgrades carry over to a "Deadly Obsession" Run?

Just from what i am reading this seems to be the way to go for me as i would have a tough time collecting and dying repeatedly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitchesnscars said:

To be clear does this mean then that I could finish the game on a lower difficulty(grabbing all collectibles) and have all upgrades carry over to a "Deadly Obsession" Run?

Just from what i am reading this seems to be the way to go for me as i would have a tough time collecting and dying repeatedly.

I'm interested in this question too, if someone could answer...