Dr. Croft & Completionist Glitch?

CrimsonRose157

Just got both Dr Croft and Completionist trophy without it being glitched. I am playing on vanilla PS4.

I saved Sumaq murder investigation last after collecting everything and picked up 1. Note 2. Murder weapon. As I picked up the dagger, Dr Croft popped. So I can confirm that the dagger is needed! I had 336/336 before this quest.

Edit: I beat the story with everything collected and then went and did the murder investigation

1fh6w3.jpg

Edited by Erkawest

I was in the process of doing another 100% run, this time on Deadly Obsession & I've just finished Kuwaq Yaku. Checked my artifacts to discover that one of them hasn't counted & has already screwed my 100%. Really irritating as on my One With the Jungle playthrough it's one that's DID register so the set completed.

This time it was a document that didn't register. Getting really fed up of this now.

Edited by Rattamauled

14 minutes ago, Rattamauled said:

I was in the process of doing another 100% run, this time on Deadly Obsession & I've just finished Kuwaq Yaku. Checked my artifacts to discover that one of them hasn't counted & has already screwed my 100%. Really irritating as on my One With the Jungle playthrough it's one that's DID register so the set completed.

This time it was a document that didn't register. Getting really fed up of this now.

I agree! I'm almost done with my second run, and I'm going to be pissed if the 100% trophy doesn't pop again. Did you ever get your dr. croft trophy?

43 minutes ago, CaylaNicole said:

I agree! I'm almost done with my second run, and I'm going to be pissed if the 100% trophy doesn't pop again. Did you ever get your dr. croft trophy?

Nope, still hoping that will unlock as I progress.

I've seen multiple people reporting that by completeting sets in NG+ equivalent to the number that glitched in their first run (so if they had 4 sets that didn't complete, completing any 4 sets besides White Queen in NG+) is unlocking the trophy so I've got my fingers crossed that works for me.

Unfortunately I had 9 sets glitch the first time around so I've got a lot of things to collect again, currently on 5 not counting White Queen.

Even if that does work for me, no-one has yet found a work around to trigger Completionist, that's still completely random & nothing more than a game of chance tied to relic sets completing properly & Monolith treasures spawning.

2 hours ago, Rattamauled said:

Nope, still hoping that will unlock as I progress.

I've seen multiple people reporting that by completeting sets in NG+ equivalent to the number that glitched in their first run (so if they had 4 sets that didn't complete, completing any 4 sets besides White Queen in NG+) is unlocking the trophy so I've got my fingers crossed that works for me.

Unfortunately I had 9 sets glitch the first time around so I've got a lot of things to collect again, currently on 5 not counting White Queen.

Even if that does work for me, no-one has yet found a work around to trigger Completionist, that's still completely random & nothing more than a game of chance tied to relic sets completing properly & Monolith treasures spawning.

Yea that's what happened for me with the dr. croft trophy. So I've been playing with the frame on that shows you how many collectables you've collected. I'm currently in San Juan. I've collected everything from all other areas, before continuing, and the tracker has been accurate. Well, halfway through San Juan collectables, it stopped keeping track when I pick something up. So once again it's going to show I've collected everything in the specific area, but it's not showing in the overall completion. So this run, was a total waste as well. I'm starting to think the San Jan area is just glitched. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marcosspears said:

Omg I'm having this same issue.

I'm going to try picking them Again before starting a new save, who knows.. 

Got everything on the map screen, shows me 99% complete and nothing else left to do. But I don't know what stuff are missing, can someone compare and tell me the names? (There's a guide with all the names in category? I searched but had no luck at all) 

Here's what I have in Artifacts screen:

THE MISSIONARY 87%
[x]Journal of T. Serrano
[x]Journal of T. Serrano 3
[x]Journal of T. Serrano 2
[x]Brigittine Rosary
[x]Decorated Crucifix
[x]Faded Writing
[x]Journal of T. Serrano 4

LARA'S NOTEBOOK 90%
[x]Trinity Badge
[x]Doctor Dominguez
[x]Ix Chel and Chak Chel
[x]The Silver Box of Ix Chel
[x]The Cult of Kukulkan
[x]Queen Unuratu
[x]Amaru
[x]Jonah Maiava
[x]Commander Rourke
[x]Andres Lopez

PANTHEON OF GODS 75%
[x]Yucatec
[x]Deadly Earth Mother
[x]Mask of Tezcatlipoca
[x]The Winged Serpent
[x]Tlaloc Vase
[x]Lord and Lady of the Dead

THE RESISTANCE 88%
[x]In Name Only
[x]Resist! 
[x]Inti Statuette
[x]Reconnaissance
[x]The Prophecy
[x]Mama Quilla Mask
[x]Protection
[x]Copper Mace

EXODUS 85%
[x]Carved Bowl
[x]Heart of the Serpent
[x]Crumbling
[x]Temple of Death
[x]Temple of Life
[x]Temple of the Moon

CULT PF KUKULKAN 90%
[x]Year Bundle
[x]Macuahuitl
[x]Ceremonial Fire Drill
[x]Mask of the Fire God
[x]Ceremonial Pipe
[x]Golden Effigy
[x]Cult of Kukulkan
[x]Crime and Punishment
[x]Warriors of Kukulkan
[x]Priests of the Sun

Thanks in avance ?

THE MISSIONARY

- Old Tome

LARA'S NOTEBOOK

- The Crimson Fire

PANTHEON OF GODS

- Your list shows "Yucatec" as the first item, assuming you just typo'd it.  These are the three I don't see and I assume Yucatec is one of them.

- Bloodletter

- Antique Knife

- Gold Mask

THE RESISTANCE

- Unuratu's Amulet

EXODUS

- Ceramic Jar

CULT PF KUKULKAN

- Warrior Pendant 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rreite2233 said:

THE MISSIONARY

- Old Tome

LARA'S NOTEBOOK

- The Crimson Fire

PANTHEON OF GODS

- Your list shows "Yucatec" as the first item, assuming you just typo'd it.  These are the three I don't see and I assume Yucatec is one of them.

- Bloodletter

- Antique Knife

- Gold Mask

THE RESISTANCE

- Unuratu's Amulet

EXODUS

- Ceramic Jar

CULT PF KUKULKAN

- Warrior Pendant 

Thank you very much!

I'll try to find it in the completed save, and report here. Probably won't work, but.. Thanks Again!! 

I checked the two I was missing and as I suspected, they were not there to try to reclaim.  I have since started a NG+ on DO mode, returned to Paititi, got those two items first and it did nothing.  I am going to get the rest of them from those two sets tonight in NG+ and see what happens.  After that I'll re-try the That's a Knife trophy.  If neither pop I think I'll be done with this game for a while so I can work on another game.  If both pop, I'll 100% NG+ and pray for the 100% trophy ...

4 hours ago, CaylaNicole said:

Yea that's what happened for me with the dr. croft trophy. So I've been playing with the frame on that shows you how many collectables you've collected. I'm currently in San Juan. I've collected everything from all other areas, before continuing, and the tracker has been accurate. Well, halfway through San Juan collectables, it stopped keeping track when I pick something up. So once again it's going to show I've collected everything in the specific area, but it's not showing in the overall completion. So this run, was a total waste as well. I'm starting to think the San Jan area is just glitched. 

I keep forgetting to put the frame on! Every time I see a post about it that reminds me about it, I'm not actually near my console (like right now haha). I'm going to have to remember to put it on & then I'll start backing up my save at each new campfire so if something doesn't register I can revert to the slightly older save.

I have to admit, I am concerned about Lara's Notebook & The Path of the Stars though, they are both filled automatically by story progression & on my previous playthrough both were incomplete after the ending.

Edited by Rattamauled

5 hours ago, Rattamauled said:

I keep forgetting to put the frame on! Every time I see a post about it that reminds me about it, I'm not actually near my console (like right now haha). I'm going to have to remember to put it on & then I'll start backing up my save at each new campfire so if something doesn't register I can revert to the slightly older save.

I have to admit, I am concerned about Lara's Notebook & The Path of the Stars though, they are both filled automatically by story progression & on my previous playthrough both were incomplete after the ending.

Use the frame for sure, so you can see when/if things stop tracking. Hopefully you have better luck. I actually had a save from about 30 minutes before things stopped adding, i loaded it, but things are still not adding when I pick them up. San Juan, even says I have 30/27 documents, because of how many times I was able to pick some of them up. because I was so close to the end, I went ahead, and finished out the game hoping maybe it would still work. It did not, so I'm mad at myself for even wasting my time again. I put that early save on a flash drive, and maybe I'll return to it in the far future if theres ever a patch.

18 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Wait i don't think I understand, you 100% the whole game 3 different times on 3 different consoles and it glitched out all of them?

I made a bunch of save game backups on my PC via USB drive.

So I could switch to different situations and try different approaches and even different consoles.

I tried to narrow down the cause of the glitch, but at the end it didn't help much.

46 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Can anyone tell me what to look out for and if theres anyway to check if my collectibles has glitched or not? Im early on in the game. Just a few pointers of what to look out for would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Other than turning on the frame in options (which unfortunately breaks the immersion as despite the glitches, the game does look very good) so you have a constant onscreen tracker for your collectables.

The downside though is even if you see one glitch & not increase the counter, unless your playing on Deadly Obsession, the game autosaves the second you pick up a collectable.

The glitches seems to be able to strike at random & at any time during the game. Some people have gotten lucky & had none, others have just had 1 collectable not register. Then you get the really unlucky ones like me with a huge amount of things not counting (I finished the game with 9 incomplete sets despite collecting everything).

As far as I can gather nobody knows. My theory is that this happens when you getting close to the final mission or the Point of No Return as the game puts it. I just needed 4 collectibles when I had only the last mission left. I finished the game and I went back to Mexico afterwards to pick them up but the game didn't register these. So I loaded a backup save and collected these 4 items before starting the final mission. Still no luck, the game still said I am missing 4 collectibles even though I picked up them up. However everything else I completed at this point, or after was recognized by the game.

The four items were all in that ruin in Mexico where pick up the dagger. So my advice would be to make sure you pick up everything you can the first time you are able. And only go back if you are missing specific gear, like the reinforced knife or the lockpicks. If you get these items go back to any location ASAP and pick up whatever you had left behind. There is one chest in mexico for example that can only be opened once you have the lockpicks.

Edited by Durandal

18 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Pretty sure they never patched Rise of the Tomb Raider so i doubt the will patch this.

If you wanna be honest they did patch it, it just didn’t fix it entirely. However the patch must have done something about it cause I Platinumed Rise with no glitches. I don’t think I’ve had any issues with collectibles in this game yet either but I won’t know for sure until I go finding all the collectibles.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

14 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

If you wanna be honest they did patch it, it just didn’t fix it entirely. However the patch must have done something about it cause I Platinumed Rise with no glitches. I don’t think I’ve had any issues with collectibles in this game yet either but I won’t know for sure until I go finding all the collectibles.

Before all this, I didn't even know Rise had problems. I picked up the 20th Anniversary Edition on release date & played it right through, got the platinum & all other trophies for 100% & didn't have a single issue.

• Like 1