anyone discovered PS4 6.00 secrets yet???

XjaegerbombX

Only things that i found that did change were the search in PS store  and the ps4 browser now can view longer gifs and etc again without running out of system memory.

It does seem to make a second tab enter some low quality mode until it's the active tab again.

I find it pretty funny how people are scrambling to find something that was added to this update worth talking about. Just accept the fact that 6.00 is a disappointment and move on. :P They only mentioned stability in the patch notes for a reason. Anything you haven't noticed before has almost certainly been a thing for ages, you just didn't notice.

9 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Looking back at the history of PS3 firmware updates, this means to me that they're probably ramping up development on PS5's menu system and firmware and PS4 probably won't get many more substantial updates =/

Exactly my thoughts when I first heard 6.00 wouldn't add anything significant. I think the PS4 is about as good as it's ever going to get in terms of its UI and features. It's kind of sad, but I understand their reasoning behind it. The PS5 is only a couple of years away at this point and I'm sure they want that system's UI to look like a considerable upgrade over its predecessor. I'm sure none of us want another launch PS4 situation where many features were stripped out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

It's never going to happen, I also don't want it to happen since it would cause more problems then good ones.

It can. PS4 actually has the foundations of how it could. Our PSN ID being the same, but giving us a display name. Which we can do via “real names” on PS4 (with limits obviously). This doesn’t cause any real problems. 

46 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

Only things that i found that did change were the search in PS store  and the ps4 browser now can view longer gifs and etc again without running out of system memory.

It does seem to make a second tab enter some low quality mode until it's the active tab again.

That search in the store was before the update for me. I tweeted about it and pretty sure made an update here about it as well

13 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

the ps store was like that about a week before the 6.0 update.

If you press Options on a game and go to Information, there’s now a button you can select that shows a list of all installed DLC for that title. 

I don’t know if it’s new with 6.0 but I’ve not seen it before. Also it’s pretty pointless since you could already see DLC in the PS Store tab of each game but hey-ho. 

17 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

I don’t know if it’s new with 6.0 but I’ve not seen it before. Also it’s pretty pointless since you could already see DLC in the PS Store tab of each game but hey-ho. 

That exists since 5.00 or 5.50.

And personally I think it's kinda useful. Loading that detailed view where you can see the store items, friends playing the game and your trophies takes ages for me (even with fast internet connection and ethernet cable) so it's nice to check if all DLC is installed or not when launching a new game or a game from a different account.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

That exists since 5.00 or 5.50.

And personally I think it's kinda useful. Loading that detailed view where you can see the store items, friends playing the game and your trophies takes ages for me (even with fast internet connection and ethernet cable) so it's nice to check if all DLC is installed or not when launching a new game or a game from a different account.

Ah ok. Knew it was new-ish. ? I guess it comes in handy then. 

On 16/9/2018 at 2:45 AM, Elvick_ said:

It can. PS4 actually has the foundations of how it could. Our PSN ID being the same, but giving us a display name. Which we can do via “real names” on PS4 (with limits obviously). This doesn’t cause any real problems.

I wonder why PS3 had an option for display name change but only for Japan and only for certain games.

8 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

If you talk about Tidux's recent rumor it's probably a fake... i posted about it but wrote to take it with a grain of salt...

I can't remember who said it exactly but thank you for the clarification now I'm disappointed haha maybe some day.. some day

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 10:25 PM, dokkanexpert said:

Ok, the Trophy Pop here it is:

BEFORE UPDATE: http://m.imgur.com/WwHsS45

AFTER UPDATE: https://imgur.com/gallery/CGrYnau

Absolutely hate this, if you find a way to stream the raw footage without censoring the pop-up messages, this is just giving away your real name every time a trophy pop. Fuck that. Completely unnecessary.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Absolutely hate this, if you find a way to stream the raw footage without censoring the pop-up messages, this is just giving away your real name every time a trophy pop. Fuck that. Completely unnecessary.

I'm pretty sure there is a way so your real name doesn't show up.  I'm not 100% though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MMDE said:

6 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I'm pretty sure there is a way so your real name doesn't show up.  I'm not 100% though. 

All you have to do is put a fake name in

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

All you have to do is put a fake name in

No fan of that either. Kinda annoyed Sony has to put my name all over the place on PS4 though, so I'm considering it. I already know my real name, why not use my username? :S 

• Like 1