Deadly Obsession - Tips and Tricks

FranciRoosters

4 minutes ago, Muze92 said:

For those who are still looking for answers and still wondering,
here are a few tips and key points to take note of on Deadly Obsession..

4. Cenote is the most nerve-racking section of the entire run IMO, if you fcked up the overhang climb, you will have to start over from the last camp where you've gotten the shotgun (provided that you lit up the camp).

Regarding Cenote, I read that you can completely ignore the enemies that spawn after you activate the first water wheel by jumping into water and swimming to the other side. This should make the section a bit easier.

1 minute ago, Janire1911 said:

Regarding Cenote, I read that you can completely ignore the enemies that spawn after you activate the first water wheel by jumping into water and swimming to the other side. This should make the section a bit easier.

Yes, true for one waterwheel.. For the other waterwheel, some enemies may spawn (probably 4 or 5) behind you when you are in the midst of adjusting the waterfall mechanism.. Be sure to kill them first or they may interrupt your process.. 

Just finished Cenote on the first attempt. So far my DO run has been much easier than I anticipated, have had five deaths in total: 3 during the flood sequence in the beginning when Lara simply refused to grab on to a ledge and 2 during the first Jaguar fight when I screwed up the QTE. Combat has been much easier than what I thought it would be, just don't take unnecessary risks and you'll be fine. Climbing sections have been the biggest challenge, but just figure out in advance the route you have to take and take it slow and steady and you shouldn't have any problems. 

Also, it might be just my imagination, but it seems like Lara doesn't miss with the grappling hook as easily as during my first run. So far I haven't missed a single throw. The game recently updated to 1.11 and it feels like they fixed that. Or maybe I've just gotten better at it :).

Edited by Janire1911

Finished my run yesterday and got the platinum ?. The hardest part of the run for me was Porvenir Oil Fields, mostly because I suck at stealth, I'm just far too impatient for it. That section of the game took me atleast a dozen attempts before I cleared it. Other than that, I didn't have any problems, the only other mission that took me more than one attempt was San Juan which I cleared on the second attempt.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 6:20 AM, Janire1911 said:

mostly because I suck at stealth, I'm just far too impatient for it.

Yeah, that's gonna screw me over. I'll probably mix in the DO difficulty with the HZD dlc/ng+ trophies, so to not be stressed out by one or the other. 

Just finished DO in NG+ and got the platinum. I almost gave up a couple times, but actually turned out to be pretty easy overall. Just very tense in some parts knowing you go all the way back if you die, kinda like you're playing Bloodborne/Souls game. I actually fought through most of the battles with gunplay and spammed all four herbs (one of which let's you see enemies through walls if you have the skill, very useful towards the end). Cenote was actually pretty easy, except I died at the start of the platforming section after the water wheels for the stupidest reason! The cutscene ends with Lara running towards the screen, so I naturally continued to do that as soon as I regained control. Of course, I run the wrong way right into the enemies LOL. Only part that gave me a bit of trouble was the Porvenir Oil Field, as there are three stealth/combat sections in a row followed by the platforming section running from the helicopter, which I died on for waiting too long on a ledge. Final boss was easy and I did it on my first try, just remember to conserve your ammo for that fight.

Edited by TomHoang