Trophy Thoughts

Ninja-Sara-X

Just because this seems to be a mandatory thing here on PSNProfiles, I thought i'd chime in with a "Trophy thoughts" thread with more than just complains about certain trophies.

There's 11 Trophies (10 Silver, 1 Bronze) over 7 awesome beat em up's. Most of which are for beating X game but also include one coop trophy for playing all games online and another for using a continue.

7 Games available are:

• Final Fight
  • The King of Dragons
  • Captain Commando
  • Knights of the Round
  • Warriors of Fate
  • Armored Warriors
  • Battle Circuit

I personally think it'll be a blast to go through some of these classics again with the added bonus of trophies, list doesn't look hard at all. I do believe they missed out here on some added sales power based upon not including the wildly popular, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

Video here for anyone that hasn't played any of the games. Happy Gaming!

Edited by NinjaChibusa
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

Ugh, they go back to this crap after the awesome lists of the 2 megaman x collections. We have 7 games here and this is the best they can do,no plat, 11 trophies and not even a gold trophy. Man capcom are inconsistent.

There's not exactly a lot of content in beat em up games to justify a platinum. 

Before someone mentions it, this is an arcade collection and Final Fight 2 and 3 were never released in arcades

• Like 1

Just now, majob said:

This was a surprise but nice to see and trophy list is easy.I wish it was a larger collection though like their Classics Collection of PS2/Xbox

I know right. I'd have loved to see the Aliens V Predator Arcade, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse for SNES or even some of those D&D games, but i guess because those are licenced they didn't want to fund the necessary companies for the rights again (Not really sure how that thing works tbh).

Still hoping that all these Capcom re-releases mean one day soon i'll get my beloved Viewtiful Joe collection!

7 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

Ugh, they go back to this crap after the awesome lists of the 2 megaman x collections. We have 7 games here and this is the best they can do,no plat, 11 trophies and not even a gold trophy. Man capcom are inconsistent.

Although i do fully agree that it's inconsistent of Capcom to release more retro titles without platinum's than with, i'm a strong believer that a platinum doesn't make the game, I'll personally still thoroughly enjoy replaying and even experiencing some of these titles for the first time

• Like 3

Damn, I was hoping that a Platinum Trophy had been considered by Capcom this time, but nevertheless I will pick this up as a few of the games bring back feelings of Nostalgia. I was going to get the Final Fight PS3 bundle sooner rather than later, so this will be a great tradeoff in the fact there are even more games to enjoy! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CannibalX666X said:

Damn, I was hoping that a Platinum Trophy had been considered by Capcom this time, but nevertheless I will pick this up as a few of the games bring back feelings of Nostalgia. I was going to get the Final Fight PS3 bundle sooner rather than later, so this will be a great tradeoff in the fact there are even more games to enjoy! 

Really good to see you here, CannibalX666X. Hope you're well?

There's really not a lot of trophies they can add tbh, they could've added no continue runs, no death runs etc, i guess. With that being said all golds would be frowned upon and more often than not people either complain that a game or trophy list is too hard/repetitive for them with added harder trophies or cheese it with cloud saves anyway.  I see game collections like this and the recent Mega Drive/Genesis collection to be "Chill out" games, where i can boot them up between other games and just pick up and play and get that nostalgic feeling, the way they were intended years ago. Trophies are a bonus here, although i'm probably gonna get ridiculed for it, this collection doesn't need a platinum - There's no added challenges, nothing to unlock, its all about pure gameplay.

Dev's really can't do right from wrong, they're often asked to re-release old material but get ridiculed because the game/collection just doesn't have enough content to add a platinum sadly.

You probably are a lot better off sticking with this collection, as you say the trade off between games is an extra 6 to 1 on the original FF game, right?

Edited by NinjaChibusa
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Before someone mentions it, this is an arcade collection and Final Fight 2 and 3 were never released in arcades

Actually, you have a lot of stuff for beat em up games. Just like SEGA Ultimate and Classic Collection did.

Besides, if they used the description “Continues OK” for silver, why not a gold trophy for each of them (again) with a “Continues not OK”? That increases the numbers for a platinum trophy...

They’re just lazy = don’t give a F

Hey Ninja, yeah I know what you mean! A few years ago Capcom did an arcade collection on the Xbox that, if it had been available on the PS3, would have certainly had a platinum. There were multiple achievements per game which would have been great here. Having said that, due to the similarities per titles, there wouldn't have been much variety as you say, but as you know, I'm trying to play games that have Platinums at the moment, so I suppose I had a case of Wishful Thinking on this one! But then, they would have likely have had to include 20+ games for that to happen as opposed to 7. All in all though, I'm certainly going to play it and I will likely use it, as you say, as a chill out title! 

Edited by CannibalX666X
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Actually, you have a lot of stuff for beat em up games. Just like SEGA Ultimate and Classic Collection did.

Besides, if they used the description “Continues OK” for silver, why not a gold trophy for each of them (again) with a “Continues not OK”? That increases the numbers for a platinum trophy...

They’re just lazy = don’t give a F

Again (because this was just my way of getting out informative information but sadly all it's doing is turning to another slag off the dev's thread) Mega Drive collection as you compare had how many games on compared to a small round 7 this collection has, they also added challenges for games in the Sega mega drive collection because it had a wider variety of games (Beat em' ups, Adventure, Shoot em' ups, Platformers, etc.) This collection is just a bunch of beat em' ups that are in essence copy and paste from game to game, i'm sure you'd have loved to grind out 1,000,000 gold on Knights of the round eh? Then you'd be complaining the games list was just stupid.

No not lazy! They've already put trophies in there its just not the color you desire! Again for the sake of stupidity, if all trophies were gold for instance their would've been a stream of people lining up to say "Eh? Only playing it for the gold's are you?" If it were all bronzes "Eh, this is pathetic" - wise up. Beat em' ups require an attack/jump/spell button, even streets of rage 1 and 3 only had 2 trophies between them on the mega drive collection if i remember correctly.

11 minutes ago, CannibalX666X said:

Hey Ninja, yeah I know what you mean! A few years ago Capcom did an arcade collection on the Xbox that, if it had been available on the PS3, would have certainly had a platinum. There were multiple achievements per game which would have been great here. Having said that, due to the similarities per titles, there wouldn't have been much variety as you say, but as you know, I'm trying to play games that have Platinums at the moment, so I suppose I had a case of Wishful Thinking on this one! But then, they would have likely have had to include 20+ games for that to happen as opposed to 7. All in all though, I'm certainly going to play it and I will likely use it, as you say, as a chill out title! 

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on your list, you're right on target for end of the year! I mean i totally get the MM Collection not having a platinum upset people cause it had a lot of content but i never expected this to have a platinum, Knights of the Round is the one i'm most looking forward too oddly enough haha! I remember when it got ported to SNES, it never got a lot of love from what i remember but it's an awesome game! Sadly you cant platinum this one but i wish you the best of luck in getting those 200 before year end!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NinjaChibusa said:

Again (because this was just my way of getting out informative information but sadly all it's doing is turning to another slag off the dev's thread) Mega Drive collection as you compare had how many games on compared to a small round 7 this collection has, they also added challenges for games in the Sega mega drive collection because it had a wider variety of games (Beat em' ups, Adventure, Shoot em' ups, Platformers, etc.) This collection is just a bunch of beat em' ups that are in essence copy and paste from game to game, i'm sure you'd have loved to grind out 1,000,000 gold on Knights of the round eh? Then you'd be complaining the games list was just stupid.

No not lazy! They've already put trophies in there its just not the color you desire! Again for the sake of stupidity, if all trophies were gold for instance their would've been a stream of people lining up to say "Eh? Only playing it for the gold's are you?" If it were all bronzes "Eh, this is pathetic" - wise up. Beat em' ups require an attack/jump/spell button, even streets of rage 1 and 3 only had 2 trophies between them on the mega drive collection if i remember correctly.

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on your list, you're right on target for end of the year! I mean i totally get the MM Collection not having a platinum upset people cause it had a lot of content but i never expected this to have a platinum, Knights of the Round is the one i'm most looking forward too oddly enough haha! I remember when it got ported to SNES, it never got a lot of love from what i remember but it's an awesome game! Sadly you cant platinum this one but i wish you the best of luck in getting those 200 before year end!

Ohh I’m sorry, I thought you create a topic about our Personal Opinion about this trophy list, not something you want to read -_- 

By the way, do yourself a favor and, as homework, check retroachievements website ;) People there LOVE retrogaming (you know like these titles) and spent time and put effort in each game for people gather some achievements...

I mentioned SEGA Ultimate and Classics because there are challenges in it and other trophies related to Streets of Rage (not just “complete the game”). There are other titles like 99vidas, Bud Spencer, Mother Russia Bleeds that are Beat’em ups and each of them have a platinum. So how can you possibly say that this gender doesn’t have any “variety”? Do you even play Beat’em ups? I’m confused...

PS: There is a trophy list because they are obliged to add a list, every game that comes out must have a trophy list... 315 is the most Commum minimum points for each list.

(What’s the deal with “only gold trophies”? As long as bronze trophies - like Shadow of TR; equals to 1200 points for the platinum, it’s basically the same thing as 14 golden trophies

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Ohh I’m sorry, I thought you create a topic about our Personal Opinion about this trophy list, not something you want to read -_- 

By the way, do yourself a favor and, as homework, check retroachievements website ;) People there LOVE retrogaming (you know like these titles) and spent time and put effort in each game for people gather some achievements...

I mentioned SEGA Ultimate and Classics because there are challenges in it and other trophies related to Streets of Rage (not just “complete the game”). There are other titles like 99vidas, Bud Spencer, Mother Russia Bleeds that are Beat’em ups and each of them have a platinum. So how can you possibly say that this gender doesn’t have any “variety”? Do you even play Beat’em ups? I’m confused...

Do you even read these forums? As Homework i would, all Gold's is constantly frowned upon, which i was pointing out, as well as all Bronze trophies. I've not once said i don't want to read what people have to say, but lets be far most responses to these type of threads are muscle memory for people, they see a list without a Platinum and just type something generic in response, there's no opinion in that really, it's basically automated at that point.

I LOVE retro gaming and i'm sure there's a ton more just on this site alone, but again it boils down to dev's not doing right from wrong... They re-release games, that's fine, they add trophies (OK mediocre ones at best most of the time). For instance, Turtles in time is one of the most beloved Beat em' ups in the genre, say for arguments sake Konami re-released the original SNES version but it had like 12 Bronzes and 2 Silvers, no Gold, no Platinum - are you that feeble that you wouldn't say its a good game later? It's the same game! Are you honestly telling me it makes a difference for a re-release of old arcade games to have a Platinum? Again, i clearly see the fuss over MM Collection, and the wide variety of the SF Collection deserved a Plat.

MRB had multiple trophies regarding a particular character not receiving DMG or not receiving DMG yourself or just things tied to specific levels. 99vidas was just as mess of grinding basically (Which again people frown upon in most circumstances) Slaps and Beans had A LOT of variety, be it racing, stand offs, beer & hotdog contests besides its brawling features.

It just boils down to complaining about something, which is apparently a god given right these days, never mind that Capcom is probably on par with Sega at the moment for remasters and re-releases. People that love MM will play MM with or without platinum's, people that love SF will play SF with or without platinum's and the same applies here.

With all that being said, i'm not going to sit here and say you're not entitled to your opinion because you are. This thread wasn't created as a bitching thread, i just wanted to set out and make an informative information trophy thoughts thread rather than what most make (a one sentence thread that gives people no information on said product). Don't get me wrong i like a good platinum myself but for little what this collection offers, it cant be done. There's literally no added challenges, very little extra content and most the games mechanics are just copy and paste with very little added.

Edited by NinjaChibusa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NinjaChibusa said:

Do you even read these forums? As Homework i would, all Gold's is constantly frowned upon, which i was pointing out, as well as all Bronze trophies. I've not once said i don't want to read what people have to say, but lets be far most responses to these type of threads are muscle memory for people, they see a list without a Platinum and just type something generic in response, there's no opinion in that really, it's basically automated at that point.

I LOVE retro gaming and i'm sure there's a ton more just on this site alone, but again it boils down to dev's not doing right from wrong... They re-release games, that's fine, they add trophies (OK mediocre ones at best most of the time). For instance, Turtles in time is one of the most beloved Beat em' ups in the genre, say for arguments sake Konami re-released the original SNES version but it had like 12 Bronzes and 2 Silvers, no Gold, no Platinum - are you that feeble that you wouldn't say its a good game later? It's the same game! Are you honestly telling me it makes a difference for a re-release of old arcade games to have a Platinum? Again, i clearly see the fuss over MM Collection, and the wide variety of the SF Collection deserved a Plat.

MRB had multiple trophies regarding a particular character not receiving DMG or not receiving DMG yourself or just things tied to specific levels. 99vidas was just as mess of grinding basically (Which again people frown upon in most circumstances) Slaps and Beans had A LOT of variety, be it racing, stand offs, beer & hotdog contests besides its brawling features.

It just boils down to complaining about something, which is apparently a god given right these days, never mind that Capcom is probably on par with Sega at the moment for remasters and re-releases. People that love MM will play MM with or without platinum's, people that love SF will play SF with or without platinum's and the same applies here.

So why did you quoted me in the first place? :D I understand what you are saying, I don’t mind having or not a platinum trophy, but I can’t accept people saying that beat em ups don’t have enough variety for a platinum trophy -_-

But again, they’re re-releasing these 7 games for 20$ and there isn’t a minimal effort for trophies? At least MM has some challenging ones, this one is just “complete” or “play”... imho, a simple port like this, with a basic list, and the price tag on it, I’ll be waiting for a huge sale! We can play these games almost everywhere, this is yet another cash-grab from Capcom. Just like MM Legacy, split in 2 parts (why?) to sell each one at 20$/€

and... Hyperstone Heist is better :D but yeah, they made a Turtles in Time remake for PS3, it doesn’t have a platinum trophy but it has challenging trophies for people replay the game over and over. With 7 games, they could put some effort on this, this is just lame.

36 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

So why did you quoted me in the first place? :D I understand what you are saying, I don’t mind having or not a platinum trophy, but I can’t accept people saying that beat em ups don’t have enough variety for a platinum trophy -_-

But again, they’re re-releasing these 7 games for 20$ and there isn’t a minimal effort for trophies? At least MM has some challenging ones, this one is just “complete” or “play”... imho, a simple port like this, with a basic list, and the price tag on it, I’ll be waiting for a huge sale! We can play these games almost everywhere, this is yet another cash-grab from Capcom. Just like MM Legacy, split in 2 parts (why?) to sell each one at 20$/€

and... Hyperstone Heist is better :D but yeah, they made a Turtles in Time remake for PS3, it doesn’t have a platinum trophy but it has challenging trophies for people replay the game over and over. With 7 games, they could put some effort on this, this is just lame.

I quoted you because i was replying to you? Would be rude not to.

I didn't hit on price points and yes certainly you can play these elsewhere, so again i know full well people will like yourself take the initiative on a sale, which there's nothing wrong with. My issue isn't if it sell's well but just the fact that as you put it, people wanting a plat for "minimum effort". I also never said this "Genre" didn't deserve a platinum either, because as pointed out games like MRB, Slaps & Beans and i guess 99vidas have enough content in their respected levels to base trophies on. I agree they could've added maybe Complete X level also to buff up the trophy list if thats what people truly wanted, maybe a  "Pick 3 health items up in world 2" just for the laughs eh? Just enjoy the fact they've re-released some arcade games, pick it up in a sale if you're really that hurt by it. I see no reason why it would narc people as you have those $7.99 arcade titles with the same trophy list over and over - also the old sega games are like what $4.99? but people still buy those, it's just because people are sheep, one person complains genuinely then the rest follow blindly. Again, little to no work for all those Silvers shouldn't really be raising issue's.

That was an example but i will agree i did enjoy Hyperstone Heist alot more.

Also, i'm well aware its a cash grab, i mean aren't all remasters and re-releases cash grabs? Their essentially the exact same game with a mode thrown in here or an up-res there. As a consumer you're not forced to buy them, you CHOOSE to buy them. I'm sure people only use these types of threads to boost their post's count ? but i digress.

Again, i'm not shutting your opinions down here, everyone's entitled to one and to be fair with you, you've given some great pointers unlike most that'll just comment that generic nonsense, I get it, we're on a Trophy site, people are anxious to see their new game with a shinny new platinum to add to their accounts, but these really are just old arcade games, trophies/achievements weren't even a pipe dream back then and we loved them to some extent. I'm just happy that i can get the chance to replay some of those old favorites like FF and KotR, but also experience the titles i never had chance to like Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit.

Edited by NinjaChibusa
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I don't get how everything is a cash grab just because a company wants money for a product.

Personally i like to call it good business, i mean - You have a product that was once great, but can still make money off it now a days? Sure, why not? 

People class them as "Cash Grabs" because usually it's something a company puts out that's been done already or offers very little new. Thus why they either buy them in sales or don't buy them at all. Unless they are your typical AAA titles that most people loved.

A classic case would be again - Mega Drive collection, the new PS4 version only differs slightly to the PS3 version, there's only so many ways you can play Sonic right? but just look at how many Collections he's had varying from PS2, PS3 and PS4. It is a cash grab because once you've brought Sonic once, you've brought him a million times over the years... Or is it just good business because you know people will keep paying for your spiky blue Hedgehog?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Doesn't stop hour long games.

They could have easily done one trophy for beating each game, getting a certain score or doing it without losing all your lives, playing the games with all the playable characters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Doesn't stop hour long games.

They could have easily done one trophy for beating each game, getting a certain score or doing it without losing all your lives, playing the games with all the playable characters.

Does it really matter in the long run if it has one extra trophy pop or not? I thought trophy hunters enjoyed trophies in general. This list is fine, as older beat em ups have very little variety compared to newer ones

• Like 1

@NinjaChibusa

its not about “putting my opinion down” it’s just you’re making a big deal around my comment that was a directly response to @SnowxSakura, where I’m not agreeing with “beat em ups don’t have a lot a content to justify a platinum” - which according to your profile and comments, you also agree there are content enough for beat em up games. All you’re doing is making “death testaments” bringing stuff I’m not even mentioning - that’s why there is no reason to quote me. It’s like you’re teaching christinism to a Christian priest.

I don’t care if it has a platinum or not, but it’s the quality of trophies that makes me consider if I’m going to buy it, skip it or wait for a sale - in this type of games. These trophies are “complete the game”. What’s the difference between playing on a PS4 for “complete this game” trophies? If was a very easy platinum, I’d skip Spider-Man, but I wanted to play it, even if it only had golden trophies and a platinum OR only bronze trophies and no platinum - almost like Sonic Mania. So basically, I don’t care what people think when they look at my profile. You see a lot of “kids” games in my profile and you might think: you just played those games for the easy platinum - it’s wrong, but I don’t care, I played them because I enjoyed the movie and I like platforming games...

7 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

I don't get how everything is a cash grab just because a company wants money for a product.

Not everything: just Capcom. Why was MM split into 2 parts with 6 games when they could sold all of them in the same pack?

Street Fighter V costs 20€, already including the “Arcade Mode”, why did they re-release the same game for 40€ Labeled “Arcade Edition”?