Trophy Thoughts

Ninja-Sara-X

This is a great collection and it's amazing we're getting 2 games for the first time on consoles ever. That being said the trophy list is crap, I don't know how people are defending it. Lack of content has never stopped other games from getting a platinum (plus I'd agree there would be plenty here to justify one). And no, a shitty list doesn't mean this is not worth buying/playing. A platinum would've made it even better, that's all. It's ok to be disappointed.

5 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

@NinjaChibusa

its not about “putting my opinion down” it’s just you’re making a big deal around my comment that was a directly response to @SnowxSakura, where I’m not agreeing with “beat em ups don’t have a lot a content to justify a platinum” - which according to your profile and comments, you also agree there are content enough for beat em up games. All you’re doing is making “death testaments” bringing stuff I’m not even mentioning - that’s why there is no reason to quote me. It’s like you’re teaching christinism to a Christian priest.

I don’t care if it has a platinum or not, but it’s the quality of trophies that makes me consider if I’m going to buy it, skip it or wait for a sale - in this type of games. These trophies are “complete the game”. What’s the difference between playing on a PS4 for “complete this game” trophies? If was a very easy platinum, I’d skip Spider-Man, but I wanted to play it, even if it only had golden trophies and a platinum OR only bronze trophies and no platinum - almost like Sonic Mania. So basically, I don’t care what people think when they look at my profile. You see a lot of “kids” games in my profile and you might think: you just played those games for the easy platinum - it’s wrong, but I don’t care, I played them because I enjoyed the movie and I like platforming games...

Again, your just looking to further an argument with someone, the fact you sit there saying that I keep quoting you but aren't actively answering you just shows how much your actually reading here. On all posts that I've replied to you I've specifically made it a point to answer your points. Again it's all about opinion, I'm more than happy to continue debating opinions with people because that's what it is one persons opinions vs another but it doesn't have to be a full blown argument y'know? With that being said, somehow you're making this an argument in your mind, where as to me this is just a friendly debate which again I applaud and respect you for rather than just typing a generic response.

I've agreed that beat em ups have enough content, I've not once bashed the genre as a whole, but what your not seeing here is that newer games like slaps and beans, MRB and 99vidas are built in a generation of trophies and achievements - your comparing them to old arcade titles that are all pretty much copy and paste with very little change, I mean the best capcom could do is add a beat x score, don't die all playthrough, don't get any pick ups, but they haven't they've gone the simplistic route because common sense says they are old arcade titles just like those arcade titles that pop up on PSN every month of so that have the same generic list.

Again, Capcom are well known for hard or challenging trophy lists majority of the time, so it's not laziness, I've even gone on to not just debate but point out  and agree that MM collection and even SF collections deserved a platinum because they both take time and effort to complete and get through. All 7 of these titles will take what? 2 days maybe 3 to complete. It's just wanting a platinum for the sake of wanting. 

AGAIN. What your point blank refusing to see is that games like MRB, Slaps and beans and 99vidas which your so content to keep pointing out, have alot of content, their not just copy and paste arcade titles. Example Armored Warriors is just a copy and paste of Captain Commando with very little new apart from Sprite changes and environments. You'll agree that majority of arcade titles have a cut scene to begin or just a little bit of gameplay before pressing start with very few bits on bobs in between, where as if you play MRB or Slaps & Beans you'll instantly notice there's a lot more to it than just a cut scene at the beginning, there's a lot more story, bosses that actually mean something to the game rather than just randomly show at the end of a level, cliches in levels for trophies to be present, for Christ sake most of the bosses in arcade titles are just known as "Boss" in game. I mean damn, i'd be up for a list just titled "kill boss" the whole way down, i mean hell if i know which boss, but hey i got a trophy for it eh? ?. Realistically the only thing i'm disappointed in is that you're "OK" to use a continue, i think they could've presented a better challenge, but people would've very likely use/abuse cloud saves, so what's the point?

Just because it seems you want to throw around defensive accusations here, I've never pointed to you and said you'll never play it, I've even said yes pick it up in a sale for sure, if that's what you wish. I've never questioned your choice in game here, your the only one content in checking a person's profile, it's a debate, pure and simple, there is and never was an issue with yourself, I just wanted to get involved in some of the chatter on this thread, y'know because we're supposed to be a community.

Edited by NinjaChibusa

15 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

There's not exactly a lot of content in beat em up games to justify a platinum.

This isn't true at all. Look at what they did with the in game challenges in Final Fight in the PS3 release. You can do so a score attack trophy or limited continue trophy. Maybe complete the game exclusively with a single character (not changing between continues).

4 hours ago, NinjaChibusa said:

Again, your just looking to further an argument with someone, the fact you sit there saying that I keep quoting you but aren't actively answering you just shows how much your actually reading here. On all posts that I've replied to you I've specifically made it a point to answer your points. Again it's all about opinion, I'm more than happy to continue debating opinions with people because that's what it is one persons opinions vs another but it doesn't have to be a full blown argument y'know? With that being said, somehow you're making this an argument in your mind, where as to me this is just a friendly debate which again I applaud and respect you for rather than just typing a generic response.

I've agreed that beat em ups have enough content, I've not once bashed the genre as a whole, but what your not seeing here is that newer games like slaps and beans, MRB and 99vidas are built in a generation of trophies and achievements - your comparing them to old arcade titles that are all pretty much copy and paste with very little change, I mean the best capcom could do is add a beat x score, don't die all playthrough, don't get any pick ups, but they haven't they've gone the simplistic route because common sense says they are old arcade titles just like those arcade titles that pop up on PSN every month of so that have the same generic list.

Again, Capcom are well known for hard or challenging trophy lists majority of the time, so it's not laziness, I've even gone on to not just debate but point out  and agree that MM collection and even SF collections deserved a platinum because they both take time and effort to complete and get through. All 7 of these titles will take what? 2 days maybe 3 to complete. It's just wanting a platinum for the sake of wanting. 

AGAIN. What your point blank refusing to see is that games like MRB, Slaps and beans and 99vidas which your so content to keep pointing out, have alot of content, their not just copy and paste arcade titles. Example Armored Warriors is just a copy and paste of Captain Commando with very little new apart from Sprite changes and environments. You'll agree that majority of arcade titles have a cut scene to begin or just a little bit of gameplay before pressing start with very few bits on bobs in between, where as if you play MRB or Slaps & Beans you'll instantly notice there's a lot more to it than just a cut scene at the beginning, there's a lot more story, bosses that actually mean something to the game rather than just randomly show at the end of a level, cliches in levels for trophies to be present, for Christ sake most of the bosses in arcade titles are just known as "Boss" in game. I mean damn, i'd be up for a list just titled "kill boss" the whole way down, i mean hell if i know which boss, but hey i got a trophy for it eh? 1f602.pngRealistically the only thing i'm disappointed in is that you're "OK" to use a continue, i think they could've presented a better challenge, but people would've very likely use/abuse cloud saves, so what's the point?

Just because it seems you want to throw around defensive accusations here, I've never pointed to you and said you'll never play it, I've even said yes pick it up in a sale for sure, if that's what you wish. I've never questioned your choice in game here, your the only one content in checking a person's profile, it's a debate, pure and simple, there is and never was an issue with yourself, I just wanted to get involved in some of the chatter on this thread, y'know because we're supposed to be a community.

I don't have to make any defensive argument or whatsoever, it's just I'm a little "tired" of reading the same thing (yes, I read all your italic purple word twice). You're just making a big deal about something I said... and @DeadStanley just made the same observation like I did.

I don't answer all your points the same way you do because it's not relevant to the discussion... Have you noticed that you started every paragraph (not even mentioning in the middle itself) with AGAIN, because you're repeating the same thing from the beginning? The only reason because I commented this topic was because I didn't agree with "beat'em ups don't have  enough content for a platinum" and, for those that really care about trophies, Capcom could do something like gold trophies for "No continues" to reach enough points for a platinum. You talked about "People only play games because they have Gold Trophies" or "They don't play because they're bronze", "people will use cloud saves to get some trophies"... and this is not about "what do you think about these trophies".

Basically, I honestly think that we have some things in agreement - most stuff you said I didn't answer by the reason above. I'm just continuing with this because I don't like to be misunderstood, but I'm not comfortable (Here) to type in english all the time :D That's why I'm saying: this was supposed to be something simple like a comment and that's it, not a big philosophy around it :D

There's only one point I got to touch: Capcom are well known for hard or challenging trophy lists majority of the time, so it's not laziness

My boyfriend played Street Fighter V and he couldn't get a stupid achievement. Just because a trophy is hard or challenging, doesn't mean that they are not lazy when they made the trophy. Look at  Super Meat Boy... I wanted to play it on my Vita, I knew the game was already hardcore... but complete every level per world without dying is a lazy and cheap attitude from devs. Ok, only the best can achieve the platinum... but the game itself is so hard that most players didn't even finished the game... so why make 6 or 8 Golden trophies around "complete all levels in a row without dying"? If you complete the game 100% you'll stand like 20% in trophy progression... That's a shame :/ at least they could do like Wolfenstein II, it has 1 hardcore trophy, bronze, silver, gold, it doesn't matter, it's only 1 challenging trophy, not 10 :o

6 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

I don't have to make any defensive argument or whatsoever, it's just I'm a little "tired" of reading the same thing (yes, I read all your italic purple word twice). You're just making a big deal about something I said... and @DeadStanley just made the same observation like I did.

I don't answer all your points the same way you do because it's not relevant to the discussion... Have you noticed that you started every paragraph (not even mentioning in the middle itself) with AGAIN, because you're repeating the same thing from the beginning? The only reason because I commented this topic was because I didn't agree with "beat'em ups don't have  enough content for a platinum" and, for those that really care about trophies, Capcom could do something like gold trophies for "No continues" to reach enough points for a platinum. You talked about "People only play games because they have Gold Trophies" or "They don't play because they're bronze", "people will use cloud saves to get some trophies"... and this is not about "what do you think about these trophies".

Basically, I honestly think that we have some things in agreement - most stuff you said I didn't answer by the reason above. I'm just continuing with this because I don't like to be misunderstood, but I'm not comfortable (Here) to type in english all the time :D That's why I'm saying: this was supposed to be something simple like a comment and that's it, not a big philosophy around it :D

There's only one point I got to touch: Capcom are well known for hard or challenging trophy lists majority of the time, so it's not laziness

My boyfriend played Street Fighter V and he couldn't get a stupid achievement. Just because a trophy is hard or challenging, doesn't mean that they are not lazy when they made the trophy. Look at  Super Meat Boy... I wanted to play it on my Vita, I knew the game was already hardcore... but complete every level per world without dying is a lazy and cheap attitude from devs. Ok, only the best can achieve the platinum... but the game itself is so hard that most players didn't even finished the game... so why make 6 or 8 Golden trophies around "complete all levels in a row without dying"? If you complete the game 100% you'll stand like 20% in trophy progression... That's a shame :/ at least they could do like Wolfenstein II, it has 1 hardcore trophy, bronze, silver, gold, it doesn't matter, it's only 1 challenging trophy, not 10 :o

At this point i can't understand whether you're ignorant or stupid... Maybe both? So this'll likely be my last reply to you. You came to me two posts back asking why again, i'd quoted you because i wasn't speaking of things relatable to the posts in which i responded that I'm constantly aiming to answer all you're points from the previous reply - At what part did i ask or wonder if you were answering my points? So that part of your reply to me is void. I'd also like to point out that in every post I've made I've also tried to make it about games or trophies, unlike yourself who like's to become a keyboard warrior and take note of my purple italic font, which adds nothing but spite to the conversation.

It's really no good pin-pointing others here, that's a "DEFENSIVE" move.. In which you say you don't have! I've said from the beginning your opinion differs from mine and i respect that. I like platinum's which I've also said in posts before, but i just don't see how THIS collection in particular need's one - there's nothing fancy here, and at least you're getting Silvers not Bronzes all down the list- could they have done better and add a platinum? YES! of course but for crying out loud does a platinum make a game these days? I know full well we're sitting on a trophy site but it has SILVER trophies for doing next to nothing for them. Again i respect your decision for not wanted to buy on release and wait for a sale and for what it's worth... AGAIN I'm glad you took the time out to debate most of your points sensibly.

You're correct, i use AGAIN a lot when speaking with you because although i'm half agreeing with your points in your posts, your still going on and on, not adding anything new yourself. You were never misunderstood either, i got your point. You misunderstood me by trying to make out that i was saying all of this beat em up genre isn't worthy of a platinum - which again ISN'T what i was saying at all, i was speaking on the basis of this collection alone.

Just go back and read all of my posts thoroughly and you'll see that i answered all your points made from your posts, i didn't differentiate , i stayed on topic. Now you're coming the "Oh I'm tired attitude" that so many people like you are accustomed to when there's no rhyme or reason in what they say - You're even pulling out the "I'm foreign" card - you've managed perfectly fine to communicate up til this point with added sarcasm.

AGAIN, I'll go back to my original post that states that i'm just happy to be replaying some of these classics and getting to grips with some new ones i missed out on years ago - with added trophies (albeit Silver), whilst also taking into consideration that not everyone feel's the same way i do and probably won't buy or wait until a sale to purchase.

Even if this really doesn't have enough content to have a platinum, Capcom still re-releases a lot of their old games with a trophy list that doesn't have a platinum, which would have enough content to have a platinum. Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, Darkstalkers Resurrection, Marvel vs Capcom: Origins and even Marvel vs Capcom 2 had enough content to have a platinum on their trophy lists. But I'm not mad that they don't add platinums, even if it had a platinum I'd still wait for it to go on sale for a significantly lower price than the price it would currently cost, I'm not that enthusiastic about beat em' ups and the only one I played was Golden Axe a few years ago, while I thought it was enjoyable I don't really see myself being hyped for them. I'll say seeing this thread and the posts within it does give me some nostalgia about that GTA V drama back in December but I'm not here to argue about that, I'm just stating my "Trophy thoughts" here :D. I will give it points for having a decent looking trophy list icon, games like My Name is Mayo have proven that any game can have enough content for a platinum, but games like that do take value away from the fact that games can have a platinum. 

40 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Even if this really doesn't have enough content to have a platinum, Capcom still re-releases a lot of their old games with a trophy list that doesn't have a platinum, which would have enough content to have a platinum. Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, Darkstalkers Resurrection, Marvel vs Capcom: Origins and even Marvel vs Capcom 2 had enough content to have a platinum on their trophy lists. But I'm not mad that they don't add platinums, even if it had a platinum I'd still wait for it to go on sale for a significantly lower price than the price it would currently cost, I'm not that enthusiastic about beat em' ups and the only one I played was Golden Axe a few years ago, while I thought it was enjoyable I don't really see myself being hyped for them. I'll say seeing this thread and the posts within it does give me some nostalgia about that GTA V drama back in December but I'm not here to argue about that, I'm just stating my "Trophy thoughts" here :D. I will give it points for having a decent looking trophy list icon, games like My Name is Mayo have proven that any game can have enough content for a platinum, but games like that do take value away from the fact that games can have a platinum. 

Ah, Sergen! I'd often wondered how long before you turned up again somewhere like a bad smell! The posts here don't compare in the slightest to the nonsensical BS you were sprouting in December so nostalgia away, i guess. I've actually said numerous times i respect TurtlePM's views and opinions. But alas I can't make a thread that doesn't allow bullies or one dimensional minded scum (or in case you haven't got the message) that bars you, so i'll be polite ☺️.

You do - for what it's worth make an excellent point about Mayo, you have all the games you've mentioned above plus the likes of Sonic Mania, MM Collection and even games like Phantom Breaker or Guns, Gore & Cannoli that are literally crying out for a platinum with the amount of content they have. Like I've said previously though, as soon as i heard this collection was a thing i just didn't see it getting a platinum - If Street Fighter Collection and MM Collection (Quite possibly 2 of the highest renown IP's of Capcom for a lot of people) didn't get issued a platinum, this was never in contention albeit there was a glimmer of hope after MMX Collection. Again, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it tomorrow!

As hard as this is for me, i'll continue to be civil and wish you a good day! ☺️

34 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

yet clicking a button 1000 times in my name is mayo is a lot of content to justify a plat?

theres 7 games here. plenty of content to warrant a platinum.

You got to dress a jar of mayo in a bikini

i say, thats all the content you need to warrant a platinum ABLJ-86N7-K923

• Like 1

*Notices this game received 11 total trophies, 10 silvers and 1 bronze, for a no-platinum 100% game*

You guys do realize you could have got a platinum out of this? Eleven is the minimum number of trophies  any 100% game needs to be eligible for a platinum trophy. Just change all of the trophy grades from a bronze/silver to a gold, then add a platin to complete the list. Simple!

This is almost insulting to OCD trophy list observers like myself who know that they could  have been rewarded a higher number of trophy points upon completing a certain game. For example, this game rewards users with 315 trophy points upon completion (the maximum 100% list point cap). If this were to be a full platinum trophy list, players will recieve 1170 trophy points when they complete the game. So how much trophy points would you like to receive for completing this game? 315 or 1170? Go figure...

It’s possible you can just start a co-op game with someone and then quit out as soon as you’re able to control your character. 

That’s how I got a few co-op trophies done on some old SEGA games. 

Otherwise, shit trophy list. Will probably not be buying this, since I’ve already played these old games on a Super Nintendo.

9 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

*Notices this game received 11 total trophies, 10 silvers and 1 bronze, for a no-platinum 100% game*

You guys do realize you could have got a platinum out of this? Eleven is the minimum number of trophies  any 100% game needs to be eligible for a platinum trophy. Just change all of the trophy grades from a bronze/silver to a gold, then add a platin to complete the list. Simple!

This is almost insulting to OCD trophy list observers like myself who know that they could  have been rewarded a higher number of trophy points upon completing a certain game. For example, this game rewards users with 315 trophy points upon completion (the maximum 100% list point cap). If this were to be a full platinum trophy list, players will recieve 1170 trophy points when they complete the game. So how much trophy points would you like to receive for completing this game? 315 or 1170? Go figure...

There's a difference between folks worrying about some point value on some trophies and people who actually have OCD.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

Yeah, sorry buddy. Capcom doesn’t care about trophies. 

For anyone looking for an easy platinum, look elsewhere.

Edited by Spaz

• 1 year later...

It's a baffling decision to not let players earn trophies for beating the games in online co-op. You have to do it offline for it to count, which probably means solo most people - the least fun way to play these games. What were they thinking?

• Like 1