Heads up, Dr.Croft and Completionist are glitched!! (v1.03)

MAN3282

Last checked with Patch 1.03!! So, there are some collectibles that can glitch out. Artifacts randomly don’t count towards your completion and don’t register in the Artifacts menu, AND getting players stuck at some odd 99% like myself as well as voiding the “Dr. Croft” trophy. Every zone says 100% but no trophies!! :(

With the arifact Trophy m8, assuming you have ALL artifacts, it will apparently pop hours later..

There have been various reports off it glitching in NG, and then randomly popping in NG+ for people.

Same doesnt work for the 100% completion though, this 'so called delay' only seems to work for Dr Croft

EDIT

To elaborate, a guy on xbox said the artifacts had glitched but on his achievement tracker, it was very oddly, slowly progressing while he was doing nothing

Im no expert, but looks like a memory leak of some sort. If memory is leaking when collectibles are loaded in, they can become glitched permanently

Notice how glitches seem to appear with collectibles later on when they are more likely....

Im going to turn game Off/On every hr to eliminate that possibility

Edited by optimusmart

Seems to be a definite memory leak

https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/discussions/0/1742220359692885174/

And the fact that collectibles registering has delayed for hours for some is very interesting

Any new players, I strongly advise turning game Off/On every hour just in case this is connected to the collectables glitching (hopefully it is)

Rise had memory leaks that were never fully patched and that had always had the chance of collectibles glitching

6 minutes ago, SanhRim said:

In before you have to do the entire game just for this, i'd be so pissed! Doing only one playthrough and i really can not be bothered to do another one just for this

Luckily I havent started yet and I hope turning the game Off/On every hr works

Im not waiting for a patch, I wanna get going tomoz, then theres no saying it will all be 100% patched straight away anyway, after all, Rise never was!

2 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Luckily I havent started yet and I hope turning the game Off/On every hr works

Im not waiting for a patch, I wanna get going tomoz, then theres no saying it will all be 100% patched straight away anyway, after all, Rise never was!

I'm just gonna playthrough if my save file gets glitched so be it, i wont touch the game again untill all of the season pass content has been released, it's not like i dont have other games to play lol

Just now, FranciRoosters said:

So, those who have the platinum unlocked Dr. Croft by sheer chance? For some it glitches for some it doesn’t?

I have 99.88% completed overall, with 87% on one Collection (Conquerors) whose last "missing" artefact I'm 100% certain I've collected. I haven't unlocked Completionist yet despite each zone showing 100% completion (but the overall map showing 99% completion); whereas I unlocked Dr. Croft completely randomly, well into my NG+ Deadly Obsession playthrough, while running around picking up bugs. I'd say that if you're certain you've collected all the necessary artefacts for the collection, to just leave your game running, and wait a bit.

1 hour ago, SanhRim said:

I'm just gonna playthrough if my save file gets glitched so be it, i wont touch the game again untill all of the season pass content has been released, it's not like i dont have other games to play lol

Speaking of season passes, and glitches. Did you get all the outfits that came with the season  pass? I, along with others didnt get the Fox tunic, or whatever it’s called. They couldn’t even get that right. 

Just now, CaylaNicole said:

Speaking of season passes, and glitches. Did you get all the outfits that came with the season  pass? I, along with others didnt get the Fox tunic, or whatever it’s called. They couldn’t even get that right. 

I didn't get the Red Fox Tunic either, but I did get everything else. I'm not exactly sure how to access it, since I've downloaded all the Season Pass files included with it...

Just now, MAN3282 said:

I found a few but the game is "new" and no one has complete list.

I think this is actually pretty complete, it has very detailed locations for pretty much all the artefacts and documents, at least looking over it cursorily... I remember that this site also had a similarly comprehensive one up for Rise as well, so I trust them with it!

Just now, spncryn said:

I think this is actually pretty complete, it has very detailed locations for pretty much all the artefacts and documents, at least looking over it cursorily... I remember that this site also had a similarly comprehensive one up for Rise as well, so I trust them with it!

oh ok!! ty!! are you missing anything from the list??  

I've not finished the game yet, I'm just about to leave San Juan Mission but I've had 2 collectable letters glitch on me there.

Journal of T. Serrano 11

De La Cruz Leaves

They are the 2 collectables in the library behind the walls you break down.

I only realised I had a problem when after I walked past them again I had the option to loot an item but there was nothing there. When I pressed square to loot, Lara picked them up a second time.

I checked my artifacts menu & neither of them are showing up under any of the categories.

I believe they are supposed to show up under the Angel De La Cruz subcategory.

My San Juan is showing as 100% complete despite this but it's leaving me unable to 100% complete all artefacts.

I did record all this & in a video I have myself collecting it twice but the video is almost 30 minutes long & I can't edit so haven't uploaded it.

-Edit-

I've just been able to reproduce the glitch now in a short video, will upload to demonstrate the problem.

Here's the video of me recreating my problem:

Edited by Rattamauled
Typo.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rattamauled said:

I've not finished the game yet, I'm just about to leave San Juan Mission but I've had 2 collectable letters glitch on me there.

Journal of T. Serrano 11

De La Cruz Leaves

They are the 2 collectables in the library behind the walls you break down.

I only realised I had a problem when after I walked past them again I had the option to loot an item but there was nothing there. When I pressed square to loot, Lara picked them up a second time.

I checked my artifacts menu & neither of them are showing up under any of the categories.

I believe they are supposed to show up under the Angel De La Cruz subcategory.

My San Juan is showing as 100% complete despite this but it's leaving me unable to 100% complete all artefacts.

I did record all this & in a video I have myself collecting it twice but the video is almost 30 minutes long & I can't edit so haven't uploaded it.

-Edit-

I've just been able to reproduce the glitch now in a short video, will upload to demonstrate the problem.

Here's the video of me recreating my problem:

Just went back there because of your advice! Sure enough I was able to pick them up again, and both said “story complete” now I have to find out where the others are that didn’t register. Thanks for this! 

This developer is certainly  determined to have hundreds of collectibles but can't do them properly. This was a problem in Rise of the Tomb Raider aswell. 

If you are gonna do something, do it right. Hopefully i'm one of the lucky few that doesn't have this glitch on me. Will make a back up save before final collectibles just incase.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CaylaNicole said:

Just went back there because of your advice! Sure enough I was able to pick them up again, and both said “story complete” now I have to find out where the others are that didn’t register. Thanks for this! 

I'm glad it helped you, at least something positive came from it. Unfortunately for me though, as you can see in that clip, they don't re-register in my artifact log so it's potentially hit & miss. Every time I load my save I'm able to collect them again so who knows what my game is doing at this point.

Out of curiosity, is it the Angel De La Cruz subcategory they both go into?

finally collected all collectibles and im at 87% on Gods of the Pantheon. I have the knife from the side quest so dont know what im missing......

Edit: nevermind, Both croft and 100% trophy popped about 3 minutes later. Guess im on of the lucky ones. Pantheon 1 still shows at 87%.

If this is a memory leak i got lucky i guess, i played 2 twelve hour sessions on a stock 2014 PS4.

Edited by Quink666