Congratulations to everyone who managed to get the diamond trophy and this painful platinum.

Crzy Minus

It's been almost a month since I started trying to play this game, without a doubt the worst thing that the creators could do was the two trophies of the 2,000 points to reach level 11 and the diamond cup, so far I have 500 points, for me this game is more difficult than the rayman origins due to online challenges, I hope that now in November the murphy glitch of the 500 meters, because those over 4,000 meters is almost impossible, I have only managed to reach 1,800 meters , but my best record was the speed runs that I made over 2,000 meters. Regrettably I see that they play very few in the version of the vita and of those there are too many pro players, especially those who make 32 kms. or more than 20 kms. that ensure the diamond cup and are true teachers xD, a lot of patience for platinum and if a challenge comes out please spread by this means, good friends :)

@Arkiokin nice, didnt know only 2 people went 30km+, my guess with the wall glue is a slight 'down & up' swipe when rayman is glued at it, so i kinda hope once i get there i'll be able to get that done correctly on my 1st try xD

I've recently not really been going for lengthy scores as 'time' is something hard to come by, but i rather try to get my stumbles correct (& honestly its going quite good, recording it is a problem though) as i never could do a correct normal stumbled one before this weekly as i kinda always made positively sure i didnt get it to stumble (i found alphas way easier than normal ones since u already pull up pillar 1 regardless if it stumbles or not, on normal ones i feel my mind kinda reacts too late, but practice should make that better), mostly i die on stumbled betas, as the time is even more limited

@navi_geitor if you have ~1800m (less than 1810m) u probably died on pillar 4 of the first pillar wind section, there's 2 reasons i think i can give why:

1. Not stumbled pillar 1, but stumbled pillar 4 whilst also being too late (pillar 4 popped back up a tiny bit) 

Stumbled pillar 1, did the 'correct' method (pillar 2 30-40% up) but ur character didnt really take up the speed at pillar 3 & kinda jumped without the wind kicking in, this is also the thing that killed me on my 15km run (alpha stumbled & rayman didnt jump correctly to pillar 4)

My best 'method' to get over it would be: when ur on the last ring start looking for pillar 1, once u see the spikes pull it down in 1 steady swipe, rayman will jump on it, and jump right after to pillar 3, pull down pillar 3 when rayman is 'falling' during that jump (when he is at his highest point & starts to drop), then he'll jump to pillar 4 & do the same (pull down 4 when he's starting to fall), after a while u'll get used to the 'rhythm' it takes for the pillars to pull it down

Doing it too early or late can result in rayman having different speeds because of the wind (he'll die at pillar 4, or he'll die after it since the wind at pillar 4 kicks in too much for the section after it resulting in his next jump going too far) 

5 hours ago, DJ_AdruA said:

@Arkiokin nice, didnt know only 2 people went 30km+, my guess with the wall glue is a slight 'down & up' swipe when rayman is glued at it, so i kinda hope once i get there i'll be able to get that done correctly on my 1st try xD

I've recently not really been going for lengthy scores as 'time' is something hard to come by, but i rather try to get my stumbles correct (& honestly its going quite good, recording it is a problem though) as i never could do a correct normal stumbled one before this weekly as i kinda always made positively sure i didnt get it to stumble (i found alphas way easier than normal ones since u already pull up pillar 1 regardless if it stumbles or not, on normal ones i feel my mind kinda reacts too late, but practice should make that better), mostly i die on stumbled betas, as the time is even more limited

When you are glued, it's too late and even with a slight "down&up" swipe, your character will not have enough time to escape the firewall just behind him so Dead each time.

The technic is a tight timing of the move of the pillar-wall, before rayman touch it (not only push up the pillar but you need to do a "up-down-up" movement at a special moment) : It took me perhaps more than 10 challenges over 30km to found this technic and the correct timing ;) (when I finally thought this path was perhaps not a dead fatality few months after the first time I died here)

Btw, on this weekly challenge, there were 9 alphas before the 32.8km spot, and for the very very first time of my life, I managed to succeed more than 9 successive alphas without any stumble on the first pillar (so an enormous quantity of luck) with even 11 alphas without stumble !! (the 2 last after 37km : probably the further alphas ever I was able to succeeded. Even with my PB at 43.8km, the last alphas was at something like 36km). Also, it was only the 13th challenges where I succeeded at least 10 alphas in a single run. ^^

On 10/30/2018 at 7:54 AM, Arkiokin said:

Thanks again ^^

Well, except me, only 8 distances over 20km were made by 4 players (you own 2 of those distances). Binouze91 made one time the only 30km+ outside me with 32.7km (just before the glitched phase) with at least 8 alphas succeeded in this run : an unexpected distance since it was the first (and the only) time he came over 15km, but it was the greatest overall challenges player, so why not haha. So except this outstanding run, you are second with 22.55km ;)

After 32.8km the main visible glitch is with the rope phase where you will be glued on the wall that hold the rope. So it can appear first to be unavoidable and the end of the challenge, but it exists a technic to not be glued on it. In the same way, almost half of the pillar in the wind phases are desactivated : so you have to push up the first pillar much more often than before (like always on beta phase or on some basic pillars phases that was never dangerous before). However, there is a real unavoidable glitch, you can't absolutely do nothing with a touchscreen version : in a special configuration your character will do the same you have at 4095m challenges (he will refuse to jump there). Fortunately it's pretty rare and it doesn't occur each time but, for example this is why I died on my last 38km : a real end of the challenge/nothing to do.

Keep on your good working

What is an alpha and beta stage?

@Arkiokin 9 alphas without a stumble? Dang thats impressive, i dont know why but i always have more trouble at betas (probably because of the speed)

Doing the method for the wall glitch will probably take me alot of attempts too, but practice makes perfect i guess (though thats gonna be a long shot to practice since it'll take 50 mins to get 30km so having 1 failed attempt every hour of gameplay seems... Alot xD) 

Idk why but now since i have 15km, i dont get higher how hard i even try, i think remembering the tough spots kinda make me some level of 'nervous' (even if i dont feel nervous) but just knowing 'that is coming next' probably makes me making a mistake

@THE-73est an alpha and beta are sections Arkiokin gave a name to, since theyre some sort of 'tough spots' inside of 'tough spots' xD

Thats what im working on now, its not finished & idk how far i will go to explain it, i hope this already explains it a bit how it works (it shows what are betas & alphas) its uploaded private so u can only watch it with this link, if someone doesnt understand anything or wants to share what made them die at these obstacles i'll do my best to write the explanation to 'why' & try to give a solution ;)

PS: dont spouse it around everywhere, i know of some guys which would go hardcore practice if they see what it takes to get this done, obviously thats problematic as some pro's already have experience with it & this could be that last 'tip' they need (happened before, resulting in pros caring more > higher competition > less chances for new people getting diamond) 

1 hour ago, DJ_AdruA said:

@Arkiokin 9 alphas without a stumble? Dang thats impressive, i dont know why but i always have more trouble at betas (probably because of the speed)

Doing the method for the wall glitch will probably take me alot of attempts too, but practice makes perfect i guess (though thats gonna be a long shot to practice since it'll take 50 mins to get 30km so having 1 failed attempt every hour of gameplay seems... Alot xD) 

Idk why but now since i have 15km, i dont get higher how hard i even try, i think remembering the tough spots kinda make me some level of 'nervous' (even if i dont feel nervous) but just knowing 'that is coming next' probably makes me making a mistake

I made time to time (of course rarely) 9 alphas without stumble, but never more, never 10 without stumble...until now (yes it's only a matter of luck I know) ^^ My other records on alphas are 14 succeeded in a single run (with 3 with stumble) and 5 with stumble in a run (bad luck and good luck in the same time haha). And yes, most of time I not die because of alphas (mostly becaue there are finally rare phases), but rather because I stumbled on the first pillar of a beta, or even because I stumble after the 4th pillar of a wind phase (and the death only depends on the path after that).

Btw, as for me, I only was able to make twice 30km+ in a same challenge only one time in my"carreer" (and because it was an"easy" challenge with only 3 alphas until 33km : and in the 2 tries,I died at the same spot, glued before the rope: didn't know the good technic at this time ;) ) so I suppose it's pretty impossible to be enough strong to make several 30km+ in a same challenge (or to have enough time and motivation to do that)

Like your video and your very good save after an alpha stumble (not easy to catch ;) )

Edited by Arkiokin

• 2 weeks later...

@Arkiokin I kinda still have a question...

I want to put 'desactivated' pillar wind sections in my video as well, but I don't know how it exactly works, can any pillar wind be desactivated for a certain character (i mean does it matter if its a beta/rings/rope...) or is it just typical for Rayman to have desactivated ones at 'gap with lums, falling'? I never see how or what makes them that way, I dont even know if I encounter them or not (it would be rare to go 20km & have none desactivated is my assumption)

I noticed scrolling through comments u somehow 'tested' them, so basically my questions are these:

- how do you know? 

- is it fixed per challenge, or by distance (i mean, if for example a pillar wind is desactivated for rayman at 1500m, is it always at 1500m? Is it only for that challenge or is it for every '1500m' on any challenge?)

I kinda always swipe pillar 3 'very late' if i think it could be desactivated (basically every pause section with a gap & wind)

Um... Is it OK?! First people who play rayman every day for many years (i don't get it. i've lots of games i love, but i just can't play any of them every single day for years, i need to play something else), and now cheaters?! Getting diamond (and plat) becomes impossible this way.

(daily challenge 19/11/2018 Lotld lums. PS Vita)

2JfAy8022ZE.jpg

Edited by winredfox

Idk who they are or how they do it (find it pretty stupid to kinda set such drastic scores, whilst on the meantime having exactly the same score as a legit 1st would give ya diamond anyway) 

I notice they only affect 'lum based' challenges ('Grab them quickly' & everything 'Dojo') & seriously get stupid scores which kinda show they cheated for sure

Just dont worry about them, they'll probably leave once they get awesomeness 11

In fact, dont worry about diamond cups, practice murphy distances for if a glitched one comes up ;)

Welp, just finished off the grind to Level 11 and got my plat. :dance:

I still have the PS3 and PS4 versions to plat, though golds there are a lot easier than Vita even though Vita is definitely the system I'm most used to playing and I can do better there. :P

In any case, I'm glad I finally got back on this one once that 500m glitched Murphy showed up (already had my diamond from around launch, but I wanted the point boost). Feels good to finally have it done, not to mention it got me to go back and do most of the SP in the other versions. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, sbrindilus said:

Hy guys!!how can i do,today, 256,01 m required to get the platinum cup??my Murphy stop at 255,99 m

Choose ANY princess as murphy character, start the level, and DO NOT tap(tickle) on the last enemy. She will attack him and jump-suicide at 256.01