"Schoop yard friends" support skill.

Blackmist_FFXI

So, ive an question.

After bout 5 hours of grinding battles. In an attempt to unlock my last support skill for kanata to learn.  - it hasnt triggered.

The other 3 unlocked almost instantly.

Or atleast with in 3-5 fights.

Currently, koharu ranze and mitsuhide are learning all the skills kanata has mastered. - there affection is capped. Twards kanata.

Am i missing something?

Do they need to run out of skills to learn?

Nvm. Looks like ya don't need the mix up skills for master of all. As it poped when i finnaly got berserker 5 from kagato.

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
Troph poped

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 0:33 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

So, ive an question.

After bout 5 hours of grinding battles. In an attempt to unlock my last support skill for kanata to learn.  - it hasnt triggered.

The other 3 unlocked almost instantly.

Or atleast with in 3-5 fights.

Currently, koharu ranze and mitsuhide are learning all the skills kanata has mastered. - there affection is capped. Twards kanata.

Am i missing something?

Do they need to run out of skills to learn?

Nvm. Looks like ya don't need the mix up skills for master of all. As it poped when i finnaly got berserker 5 from kagato.

Really? 

I find that getting info on this game is pure luck. I was reading the pst.org trophy guide, and it said you needed it.

17 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Really? 

I find that getting info on this game is pure luck. I was reading the pst.org trophy guide, and it said you needed it.

Yeah, I was Reading it on that website, as well as a checklist i pulled from GameFaqs - linking to a JP site listing every skill and how to get it.

the Last skill i learned with Kanata was BERSERKER LV 5
 He had every other skill, Aside from the 1 support skill listed above "school yard friends"
I Still don't have it, as getting Berserker 5 and unlocking "All Melee classes LV5" and " kanata has learned all party skills" were all I needed for the platinum.  *Edit* --> the "all melee classes" and "Master of all" poped at the same time, apon learning Berserker 5. As I had Kagato, Mishudie, Koharu with me - 2 of the needed characters to learn "school yard friends" were in reserves, thus was impossible to learn that at that moment **End edit**

I had made the edit on my above post - about 1 hour after i had posted, As i was shocked to learn that I didn't need School yard friends, Thou. I did have Harem king and what ever one required the 3 other party members to be male 
thou seeing how "Harem king" and "Bros?" were exclusive to 4 people, Yes, it was a kanata skill, but no one eles aside from the 4 could learn that skill, So In a way it's not  a "party skill" 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
Clarification, Noted in text
  • Like 1

@starcrunch061 I didn’t need any of the mix-up skills, I only had Harem King. The Master of All trophy actually unlocked together with the Skill Master trophy for me which I thought was weird as I was following the .org guide so I didn’t expect it. I did already have all classes at level 5, and was almost done getting all skills (mix-ups excluded). I needed a few more. I still don’t know what the exact requirements are but as @Blackmist_FFXI got it after getting all classes to level 5 my guess is: Grand Sage + Ultimate Agressor + Skill Master = Master of All.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

I Had all mages lv 5 (Ice lighting wind) Attack skills, Defense skills, "item drop" skills,  support skills, Only thing I was missing was 
Berserker 5 (was lv 4 ) and needing School yard friends,

Master of all unlocked once everything was earned. *once berserker 5 was finnished with "all abilitys" and Learning all melee classes.

47 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I Had all mages lv 5 (Ice lighting wind) Attack skills, Defense skills, "item drop" skills,  support skills, Only thing I was missing was 
Berserker 5 (was lv 4 ) and needing School yard friends,

Master of all unlocked once everything was earned. *once berserker 5 was finnished with "all abilitys" and Learning all melee classes.

Which more or less proves my point. So I checked the last couple of achievers for Master of All and most people unlock it together with Ultimate Agressor for getting to level 5 in all attack classes. Which makes sense because you get Kagato/Berserker postgame. Now I went for getting all classes to level 5 first before learning skills, and it unlocked together with Skill Master for learning 100 skills. So that should give a lot of leeway in what skills to learn. So for anyone going for the Master of All trophy I’d really suggest getting all classes to level 5 first as that can save a lot of time.

yeah, getting the 60SP For the class Lv 4>5 is a pain in the rear, if you have already spent it on other skills, Would be a good idea to go for each person getting there class skill to 5, with minor support / attack / defence skills,- with the ability to learn others skills, and such, would allow your skill points to go farther, if only 1 person learns a decided set of skills, - and then passes them on, vs everyone learning the same skills with SP. 

Echos of experience - and "training" skills are the two skills you want asap.

granted. - there' doesn't seem to be a level cap (999 maybe) - but even at lv 170 i found it to be rough to level up any further, such as running end game dungeon  to get about 1/3rd a lvl.

Thou if your finding that your lacking in skill points. - Every NG+ run you get Esper stones, for every Story line Crystal fragment turned in - side from about 3-4 as well as Black crystals. so basicly ~10 esper stones, per NG+ playthru that grant +20 skill points. -- that's the longer route to go at about 8-11 hours per run. ( Would likely net the same amount in Exp for level ups to be honest )

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 3:54 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

yeah, getting the 60SP For the class Lv 4>5 is a pain in the rear, if you have already spent it on other skills, Would be a good idea to go for each person getting there class skill to 5, with minor support / attack / defence skills,- with the ability to learn others skills, and such, would allow your skill points to go farther, if only 1 person learns a decided set of skills, - and then passes them on, vs everyone learning the same skills with SP. 

Echos of experience - and "training" skills are the two skills you want asap.

granted. - there' doesn't seem to be a level cap (999 maybe) - but even at lv 170 i found it to be rough to level up any further, such as running end game dungeon  to get about 1/3rd a lvl.

Thou if your finding that your lacking in skill points. - Every NG+ run you get Esper stones, for every Story line Crystal fragment turned in - side from about 3-4 as well as Black crystals. so basicly ~10 esper stones, per NG+ playthru that grant +20 skill points. -- that's the longer route to go at about 8-11 hours per run. ( Would likely net the same amount in Exp for level ups to be honest )

Yep. I read all of this elsewhere, so I prepared from the get-go. Got Mitsuhide the Training skill, and everyone else class skills. Passed Training to Kanata and Suzaku (although I've had trouble passing it to others). The great thing about the learning ability is that you can "factor through" skills. That is, you can get Kanata a skill, and then use him to pass it elsewhere, which means you don't have to prepare every possible pairing (thank God for that).

Almost have all of the classes at level 5 for Kanata. I think I can plat this in about 70 hours, but we'll see. 

I platted around 92 hours.

Only because i had to do another run to manage to kill the optional boss. My crew even thou avg. 163-172 was gettn wrecked. After sending home all but 4 ppl. It was cake.  

Pro tip. If you knock out finnal bosses attachments.  Wrecks there def/atk.