Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Edition officially announced

dermarx

I finished the game on 360 years ago, never got around to going through the bonus dungeon you unlock at the end of the game. Managed to get all but 5 or 6 achievemets so I think I wont have much trouble getting the platinum for this new release.

Plus it's been too long since I last played it and I'm probably a bit rusty so I'm looking forward to this.

Last week while I browsed the PSN store's deals, I saw they had the PS3 version on sale for 50% off, and I can see why now.

I still need to plat the PS3 version, despite it being 1 of my 1st PS3 games...but who knows which of the 2 I'll play.

Hoping the trophy list is shared across versions like the Okami & Dragon's Crown remaster did.

Really like the art and the song(s) that were used, so I was hopeful that this would be a good "new find" for me... but as the trailer progressed, I have some doubts...

I guess the biggest two biggest problems I'm seeing are grammar/spelling errors and bad lip syncing. The three errors that I see are at 0:36 ("twillight"... or is that just some stylistic spelling within the game?), 1:30 ("is reborns"... horrible grammar), and 2:25 ("defines", though technically correct, doesn't make sense contextually in that trailer... I'm thinking they wanted "defies")... is this an indication that the game also has horrible QC when it comes to text? Also, I'm not sure if they just copied voices over parts where the characters' mouths are moving but weren't actually saying the words, but almost none of the speaking synced with the mouth movements....

Worries me when companies can even make their marketing look good ?

On 9/18/2018 at 0:37 PM, eigen-space said:

I guess the biggest two biggest problems I'm seeing are grammar/spelling errors and bad lip syncing. The three errors that I see are at 0:36 ("twillight"... or is that just some stylistic spelling within the game?), 1:30 ("is reborns"... horrible grammar), and 2:25 ("defines", though technically correct, doesn't make sense contextually in that trailer... I'm thinking they wanted "defies")... is this an indication that the game also has horrible QC when it comes to text?

Well, the PS3 version was free of any typos, so I'm pretty sure it's just the trailer.

Oh, I remember I started the PS3 version of this one some months ago and suddenly forgot about it for some reason. Mind you, thought the combat system was super complicated and interesting (like most of Tri-Ace games) but there was something on it that failed to catch my attention. Will need to come back to it at some point.

Also, there is something funky going on on that trailer with the lip syncing and whatnot. I clearly remember the voices being on par with the lips back when I played, it just looked odd in the trailer. ? 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Johnathan994 said:

lol true :D haven't played the game in 3 years, I really have to play through it again :D

I was playing through the PS3 version at one stage and some how the disc cracked so i couldn't get the platinum, but I'll be happy to get the game again on PS4 :D 

Just now, EternalChaos72 said:

I was playing through the PS3 version at one stage and some how the disc cracked so i couldn't get the platinum, but I'll be happy to get the game again on PS4 :D 

yeah i don't have a plat as well, but I might as well go for it since it's getting a new release :D This game deserves a sequel :D

• Like 1