Trophy Thoughts!

Worth mentioning the well-known guide, since the platinum on this game demands a player's time, attention, and effort:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/958853-atelier-rorona-the-alchemist-of-arland/faqs

There are actually three guides on this link, but I've only looked at (and printed) the one by Krystal109.  

Edited by IntroPhenom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kurorac said:

Rorona, the only PS3 Atelier I haven't plated. Guess I will skip the trilogy until I have nothing else to play and got the plat on PS3

Keep in mind the new Rorona on PS4 will be different than the vanila version, of course it’s the same game you can play on vita (plus version) but absolutely you should play both of them, but if you don’t want play the vanila version you can do it without a problem. (:

48 minutes ago, Xillia said:

I guess they're sticking to the ugly trophy images. :x 

NANI!? :jaymon:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 09/03/2020 at 7:14 PM, AlchemistWer said:

You can use the PS3 walktrhough on gamefaq along with a trophy guide you find on internet.

So there’s no significant content additions here? Had a friend do Ayesha DX recently after I recommended it (having played the PS3 version), but they had a much rougher time due to the new album system and superbosses thrown in that were necessary for plat. And if you happen to know, which of the DX games have new content like that?

17 hours ago, madbuk said:

So there’s no significant content additions here? Had a friend do Ayesha DX recently after I recommended it (having played the PS3 version), but they had a much rougher time due to the new album system and superbosses thrown in that were necessary for plat. And if you happen to know, which of the DX games have new content like that?

If I remember correctly, new content has Rorona, Totori, Meruru and Ayesha. Plus version (vita) and DX on PS4 are the same game, so if you play Rorona plus on Vita will be the same game on PS4 and so on. Ayesha is without a doubt the harder game followed by Meruru DX/Plus, but on Meruru you can use a exploit in late game with a party member (which I don't remember how do it btw) and you can beat later bosses very easy without too much problem.

Totori plus/DX has a new dungeon if i remember correctly almost at the end with couple of bosses but with good equipement and items is actually no too hard and has one of the most epic song in the entire series: this one.

Rorona plus/DX has a kind stamp mechanic with great rewards, a new ending with an epic story and new bosses? I don't remember very well, I played all this game long long time ago, haha.

Ayesha in other hand, has not super traits like previous games like Rorona, Totori, Escha, etc., and for that reason is harder than vanila version on PS3. Escha and Logy and Shallie plus/dx are the same game like the original version on PS3.

Old Atelier games are without a doubt much harder and better than new ones, in my opinion the declive of the serie started with Shallie, Sophie did a great job but after that, no good games but this is just the opinion how an old alchemist fan of the serie. If you have the opportunity of play all plus or dx games until Ayesha or until Shallie if you want all the platinums for both trilogy, please do it. Rorona has the best alchemy system, Totori is more adventure-focus because Rorona did more focus on alchemy and npc affinity and Meruru plus/DX has the BEST equilibrium between alchemy, adventure and the most important aspect of the entire serie... TIME LIMITE! yes, Atelier without time-limite is... strange ?

If you have doubts or need some help with Atelier let me know.

Edited by AlchemistWer
  • Like 1