AT&T -- OpenDNS servers faster than Google? -- heeeelp?

XjaegerbombX

Im desperate... I cant stand the 99+ hours anymore. Does anyone here have AT&T as their ISP and can tell me what I can do for increasing my speeds??

I changed the DNS servers from Google (8.8.8.8) & (8.8.4.4) TO OpenDNS (208.67.222.222) and (208.67.220.220)

I went from 99 hours to 85hrs. However... I *know* I can get it faster.... I just need help.

any ideas?

DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE AT&T AND KNOW HOW TO GET FASTER DOWNLOADS????

Edited by dokkanexpert
Spellcheck

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I bet that answer clears up all the confusion people might have. Elaborating on the issue would've been totally unhelpful in this situation :ninja: .

Is there still confusion on this question. Ok....

I have AT&T and it's slow asf. I'm asking if others have AT&T and what they did or have done to make downloads on the ps4 faster. So far, changing from Google to OpenDNS servers has worked and made it a little faster. But I need to know if I can get it to go faster. Any tricks, dns servers, just ANYTHING that;ll help make my downloads faster.

I can stream Hulu just fine, youtube fine, but I can't broadcast (in 720p or 320p) and my downloads are 99 hours for a 60GB game.

So... to the confused people... I hope this clarifies what I'm asking for.

42 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

I have a degree too, but at least I can still read and understand questions.

You wrote it. It might make sense to you, but that doesn't mean you've expressed yourself in a way that others understand it, which is crucial when you seek help.

If you want faster download speeds, from where? From PSN servers to your PS3?

Changing DNS server doesn't affect the download speed, and you should know this if you got a university degree in computer science. What would be the case is that you end up connecting to some other PSN servers. The download speed would then rely on what server you connect to and the connection from that to your PS3.

Why do people even say google DNS is better? Well, it can have a faster response time, so when you contact some new domain you haven't cached the address to yet, that is faster, and loading a new web page will then be faster. If google wants to, they may log the requests, which they likely do, and all chrome users request addresses for domains through their servers, so that's one massive log. :P Sorry, but the few extra ms to request a new domain I haven't cached yet is not really worth much to me, at all. What would be worth it for me was if my ISP DNS server didn't give me the address to some domain, which I've experienced once before almost 10 years ago with another ISP.

There are some ways to speed up your connection, but I've never seen the need myself. I get 1GB in less than 2 minutes, almost 1MB per second, and then I mean MB, not Mb. That's nowhere near maxing my line, but it's good enough. You could go into your router and set the DMZ to your PS3 IP address.

That's also a possible solution that has something going for it. You may change the MTU settings in your router as well, but it's very stingy.

Use wired connection, fuck wireless. I have had so many issues with wireless, wired just always work 100% stable.

So back to the point, your topic doesn't make much sense to me at all. Maybe it does to someone who has heard this DNS myth, but it doesn't to someone who just have general knowledge in the field.

Why do I get better download speeds? Well, could be local PSN servers that I connect to not being as busy.

Edited by MMDE