What is up with multiplayer hit detection??

GoodVulture

So i recently started chipping away at the multiplayer grind with my second console and two monitors. I have observed a rather frustrating phenomena where bullets will consecutively not do damage, despite their character model reacting to being hit and spraying blood. I have been looking over at the second monitor and watching as a full clip from and assault rifle fails to leave a scratch on their health. Sometimes it works fine and they die immediately lol. anyone know what this is about or if theres a fix? 

Edited by GoodVulture

35 minutes ago, GoodVulture said:

ok cool so if they shoot it breaks the spawn protection? thanks :)

That is correct. Here is my video of a method I've been using to solo boost manuals. Two controllers and just shoot with the dummy while you are running to the stairs. 

10 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

That is correct. Here is my video of a method I've been using to solo boost manuals. Two controllers and just shoot with the dummy while you are running to the stairs. 

I know we are all going to have our favourite methods but that seems pretty complicated and a high concentration method honestly. Having to switch screens and controllers constantly, getting reorientated etc.

There are spots where you can do the killing without either character having to move at all. It cycles between two spawns and you just aim and shoot. Kind of hard to explain exactly where so I won't bother unless anyone wants to know. My point is for anyone starting out, to try different spots (especially on Dirty Works map) and see what works for you.

6 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

@mekktor I would love to know. I am getting back to boosting this and if I can save time that would be great. 

It's not so much about saving time, but it's about doing it with as little effort as possible. Because of the respawn timer, you only save time if you kill them quick enough to skip a whole 5 second respawn cycle. So if you kill within 0-5 seconds then they'll respawn every 10 seconds and you can get up to 90 kills per match. But if you kill within 5-10 seconds, they will respawn every 15 seconds and you'll get only (up to) 60 kills per match. It's not easy to kill within 5 seconds except for headshots and some other instant executions (eg. shotguns). Anyway, I had two spots that I used depending on the gun (both on Dirty Works). I'm not saying either of these are the definitive best spots, I just tried a lot and these were my favourites. Maybe it's different for you.

For guns with decent range, I would go on UFLL (yellow). Near the enemy spawn ammo crate, there is a barricade in the middle of the area made of barrels and wood. If you stand/crouch next to that (opposite side to the ammo crate)  there is a specific spot where the enemy will cycle between two spawns in front of you (looking through the open shelter type thing). If you aren't on that exact spot, other spawns around you will open up (meaning you need to move slightly towards those spawns to block them). So the two spots you want, while looking through that open shelter, one is to the left next to the huge shed (fairly close), and the other is to the right near a checkpoint gate thing (further away). You can do headshots on the close spawn and kills/executions on the far spawn. Or secondary weapon on close spawn and primary on the far spawn. Whatever works for the combination you are using. The idea is to just tap the fire button with the dummy, then aim and shoot with the main without moving at all. The close spawn should always get you the fast respawns (killing within 5 seconds).

For shorter range weapons like shotguns, I chose APR (red). One of the spawns is in the house next to the ammo crate. If you kill them inside the house, then wait inside that house, they will always respawn in the same spot just across the track. Then you run up close (if you need) to kill them there and wait in that area, in between the shrub and the barrels so they will respawn in the house again. If you are super quick with it you can kill within 5 seconds for the fast respawns (but not usually).

At the end of the day, maybe you will like to stick with the one you know. For me, I liked not having to run around or switch controllers (except to tap the fire button) when possible.