Games with a lot of grinding

XxraymanjrxX

I was wanting to know if anyone has any ideas on good rpgs that have alot of grinding. My wife likes to play while im at work and it helps. For instance she would just grind kills and get forging material for Dragon Quest XI. Almost done with it also. But she made is much easier by grinding while im at work. Are the any other games like this? Thank you and i appreciate the imput

Most of these games have other aspects to them than just the grind, but they're the ones I can think of that have some grind-heavy trophies:

Kill Grinding: Final Fantasy IX, Dungeon Travelers 2

Level Grinding: Rainbow Moon, Tales of Berseria, Mary Skelter, Final Fantasy X (technically it's sphere grid grinding...)

Resource Grinding: Little Dragon's Cafe, Stardew Valley, Ni No Kuni 2, Harvest Moon, Yonder, Rune Factory, Terraria (not technically an RPG, but it's fun), Unholy Heights, Shining Resonance Refrain, Danganronpa ("School Mode" is entirely grinding), Danganronpa 2 ("Island Mode" is entirely grinding)

Other Grinding: Tales of Graces (you have to do repetitive tasks to earn "titles"... usually it's just using a particular skill in battle), Final Fantasy XV (Comrades DLC in particular-- it's all basically grinding missions for "Power Output")

• Like 1

Grinding is basically any (MMO) RPG. If i can recomend a game which is not MMORPG (although it has online features) I recomend LET IT DIE. is a free to play. i have 600 hours in it and still enjoy it. Youll need to grind for materials a lot in this game, especially on the higer floors.

diablo 3. as an avid player of the game you will spend a good amount of time on the grind especially if you are only leveling classes for the trophy as without a rank 25 gem of ease and a good weapon you will spend hours on the grind for exp but to cut down the grind on the alts you will need to grind halfway decent gear and level up some gems.

there's also dragon quest heros 2 that is a huge grind to get everything needed for platinum 

Single grinding-heavy trophy in a great RPG I'd recommend Final Fantasy IX. The Bloodlust trophy requires you to kill 10000 enemies. Took me 16 hours just for this trophy alone with rubberband and pressing X constantly (could be done quicker with remote play and different methods but I don't want to power my PS4 for too long). The amount of 10k is so overbloated. 3k or 5k are fine for the game this size, but 10k is another level. The game is still undeniably great though, even with a few "too much" trophies.

If not RPGs, all Musou games are grindy. Notable mainstay trophy set for Musou games is to collect secret weapons for all characters. See the cast? Yeah you gotta get weapons for all. Upcoming Musou Orochi gonna have like 170 characters and I'll not be surprised if it will ask us to collect weapons for all again.

Final Fantasy is always a good place to start, more particularly (X, XII, XIII and XIV).

Warframe is very grindy as well. Best part: it's free! (unless you buy expansions and stuff)

Let it Die is a bit more obscure, notoriously hard to 100% (350 hours according to the guide), and is pretty good for a f2p game.

GTA Online 

The whole Disgaea series is built around grinding, especially the 3rd game.

If you're looking for something a bit more different, recently I've finished Grand Kingdom (which I've gotten for free on PS+ a while back). It took me in total ~140 hours to plat due to bad RNG. It has minimal story but I enjoyed gameplay for the most part. I would not pay full price for it though since there's way too little content to justify the AAA price tag.

Japanese games and RPGs have a lot of grinding.

In my opinion, I found Disgaea series to be the king of grinding in games, especially Disgaea 4. Disgaea 5 is on PS4 and has grinding in the forms of both levelling and item farming. You can easily spend hundereds of hours on these games, the main story is super short but it's the post game stuff where the game truly begins, so it takes repetitivity to a new level ?

Final Fantasy: in order of grinding intensity from most to least imo= FFX (Leveling and Character growth) >XIII (farming materials for upgrading equipment) >XIII TZA(items for rare weapons and accessories) >World of FF (mirages and treasure). The online ones are also grindy, never played them myself but they do take a long time. 

XV, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns and Type 0 hardly have any grinding and are relatively short games.

Atelier series: These are very much farming, gathering and alchemy. So if you like running around gathering items and synthesizing them to make things to use it battle, and also do random quests these games are great. 

Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, Little Dragons Cafe, Animal Crossing, Rune Factory: Not RPG, but farming/ slow life games that involve hours of mostly crops growing, gathering items, taking care of animals and doing other random things like talking and befriending towns people, completing requests or cooking etc. Rune Factory is a farming game with the RPG element of battles. I personally recommend the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games most. 

Tales series: Usually just for trophies, but these games tend to make you grind to complete the weapon/item books, enemy book, item drops for weapons etc. and also some leveling if you want. I've played them all so far, and from high to low: Vesperia>Graces F>Zestiria>Berseria>Symphonia. Hearts R, Innocence R, Abyss, Xillia don't have grinding, and for Xillia 2 it's only grindy for the skills trophies, but not for items or leveling. 

Dragon Quest series: A grindy JRPG like FF that you can sink hundereds of hours into.

The Yakuza, Persona and Kingdom Hearts games are pretty long as well. 

• Alienation, fun twin stick shooter, but none the less grinding if you want to plat
  • Gauntlet, 4 classes, real grindy, fun with more players
  • Diablo III, i'm a a hardcore player (1 live only), grinded all classes to level 60 in hardcore mode (for me hardcore mode is the only mode to play in Diablo)
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition , especially the online trophies, since the multiplayer isn't that good, the single player campaign was fun enough