Getting grindy!

ElliotSmithy

The variety was easily the most disappointing area of the game for me (otherwise was pretty solid). 

Some different things to do with the factions would’ve been nice, they all rotated around the same thing: car chases  and dealing with big crowds on the street. I just missed all the stuff that made SM2 so great in that regard- rescuing people from falling off buildings/sinking boats, taking them to hospital etc. It just got overbearing to have it almost constantly be the same two factions all the time since the regular thug crimes (which were pretty much the same thing too other than break ins) got less common during Act II. 

I didn’t ignore any crimes until I got to 100% so I didn’t have to grind too much at the end, but it still got old quick. I made the mistake of making a lot of progress with the research stations first and expecting the rest of the side stuff to be as good.

It was also very grindy but I liked what SM3 was trying to do with the gangs taking over different territories and trying to get the police to gain control of them all.

20 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

What a freaking disappointment though.

I'm not gonna bag ASM1's game out, it's nothing special but it's competent and it's whole idea of following the cross species thread from the movie was actually quite alright and is up there with Scarface's game as far as games being sequels go. But how do you have a limit on the side missions? 

And then how do you go to ASM2 where if you don't save enough people the super cops actually try to kill you and put up lazer grids in the sky to try and stop you from swinging? You do one crime, you miss one or two, you do another, you miss a few more, it's never ending. Just let me have fucking fun, jesus.

Man, ASM2 sounds more like a chore than anything else, that sounds so limiting :/

Really, guys? Complaining about having to grind 2 or 3 hours of random crimes to finish up a 25 hour Platinum?

While I agree that it would have been better just asking for one of each type of random crime per faction (like how Thugs have Drug Deals, Jewerly Robberies and Car Chases) its not that much of a deal. However, it is annoying to do during the last chapters because everything is a mess, so I can see why some got annoyed for doing it when you can't swing around in peace.

If you do random crimes while on the way to other stuff its only about 2 or 3 hours at the end, which is nothing. I listened to 2 podcasts while doing it and I didn't even notice. Then again, I'm used to 90-150 hour platinums from doing JRPGs.

• Like 1

On 23/09/2018 at 2:01 AM, danceswithsloths said:

i gotta disagree. very pleasurable platinum that i felt had very little grinding in it. especially compared to some of the other grinds ive had to push through for other plats. but everybodys different.

I'm with you on this one... it's probably how folks approach this game.  If you rushed through the story before doing all the side missions and stuff then yes it will feel grindy.  I just finished Act II and I already conquered most of the side missions bar Silver Sable and Prison missions, already unlocked and purchased ALL costumes, with just less than 20% to do... Nothing but a pleasant experience for me. Insomniac has done it again, those guys rock!

• Like 2

Not complaining really just wondered peoples thoughts, for me having done most side content as I was going along then to find a further 10 random crimes per district was a bit excessive but overall the game was brill. Hooe for some dlc trophies now. I am now playing Assassins creed syndicate which is good fun. 

• 2 weeks later...