Spyro: Year of the Dragon Trophy Discussion

5 minutes ago, rosst-canada said:

Kinda surprised there's no trophy tied to getting all the gems and one for all the eggs. I sort of thought that was the whole point of these games. I still think it's a good list that's going to be a lot of fun, if perhaps a bit easy.

I'm more surprised how early these are online

Well it was supposed to be out arond about now so perhaps they already had them ready for then? 

kinda head scratching that they didn't include a 100% completion trophies or getting all of the skill points, or getting the fastest time on every flying level.

but nonetheless I will gonna enjoy this collection, even though I already played the original games on the ps3. 

Edited by yellowwindow7

7 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I'm quite disappointed with the trophy lists for all the 3 games.

I really expected one for collecting each of the collectible types and one for 120% which would include he skill points

Technically there are 100% trophies at least - 

Spyro 1 trophy get every gem in Gnasty’s Loot is a completion trophy - you need 100% completion (all gems, all dragons freed, all dragon eggs taken from the thieves) in Spyro 1 to unlock the bonus level Gnasty’s Loot. 

Spyro 2 trophy unlock permanent superflame is also a completion trophy - you need 100% in every level to unlock it.

It makes me suspect that the Spyro 3 beat the Sorceress trophy is actually the completion one and will unlock only in the Super Bonus Round in Spyro 3 where you beat the Sorceress in a second battle (which needs 100% completion with all gems & all dragon eggs to unlock). 

Edited by smudgedhorizon
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, D-Square23 said:

Honestly these are all very simple but I am disappointed by the lack of completionist trophies across all the games. getting all gems and orbs and eggs etc. Seems like it would be standard for a Spyro game

There are completionist trophies, superflame requires 100% as does gnasty's loot, I think individual collection trophies would be quite boring.

2 minutes ago, Tarsier182 said:

There are completionist trophies, superflame requires 100% as does gnasty's loot, I think individual collection trophies would be quite boring.

I think only this one doesn't require 100%.  As defeating the Sorceress is on here, but only from her lair, not from the Super Bonus World.  If it was from there, then it would be the 100% completion one.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I think only this one doesn't require 100%.  As defeating the Sorceress is on here, but only from her lair, not from the Super Bonus World.  If it was from there, then it would be the 100% completion one.

I'm just thankful you don't have to get the skill points, I could never manage the timed one in lost fleet.

2 hours ago, Tarsier182 said:

I'm just thankful you don't have to get the skill points, I could never manage the timed one in lost fleet.

Yeah, I mean I'll go for the ones that are the easier ones, but ones like the yeti boxing and the likes, no thank you xD

Still gonna get all the gems and eggs at the very least :D

Never expected to see a trophy list for these games. They are my early childhood games... I completed them many times with all gems, all eggs/orbs and all skill points... I saw very few trophies that I wouldn't have today if my earlier playthroughs had counted.

56 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I'm just gonna ask here, but any missables in the 3 lists? I've never played the games and I wanna play them blind so I wanna know if there's anything possible to miss. 

It's extremely unlikely. You might have to later replay a level on a few occasions, but that can easily be done. Most of the trophies are level based, so you won't ever need to restart the entire game. 

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

I'm just gonna ask here, but any missables in the 3 lists? I've never played the games and I wanna play them blind so I wanna know if there's anything possible to miss. 

Since you can replay the different worlds at any time, I doubt there'd be missable trophies.