Why is this game so relatively expensive?

Hasn't it sold well so that copies are scarce? I guess so, because it's still listed new on Amazon more than 9 years after release lol.

I'm in Germany and the cheapest used one I found is a UK version for 22 € + shipping. Not that it'll send my purse into the shadow realm, but just for comparison: I recently got Ferrari Challenge for about 6 € and Motorstorm Pacific Rift Platinum for less than 4 € (both including shipping). So why the difference?

Anyway, I guess I won't be whining about this anymore when it comes to reselling it ?

I'm just getting started with these ancient physical-only PS3 games. Do I need to get used to this?

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2018 at 4:08 PM, kingdrake2 said:

yes. there's some games unfortunately have skyrocketed due to low supply, high demand or out of print

this happens to be one of them.

But why? The game is awful. I have no idea why people even say this game is average, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed The Order of the Phoenix game. 

The main story is over in like three/four hours max and is incredibly poorly told to the point where the uninitiated are going to have absolutely no idea what is happening. The graphics are shocking even for 2009, the voice acting is worse and the minigames are repetitive and pointless (because apparently you need a practice match for Quidditch in order to do the same fucking thing two seconds later). I'm not even going to bother with this Platinum seeing as how the majority of the time is spent just collecting crests using the shitty spell controls and dealing with the awful Potions and Quidditch minigames. Just finishing this piece of shit was enough for me. Back to the dodgy video shop I hired it from. 

Edited by LunchCannon54
Clarity

22 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Probably just because it's harry Potter and it's something popular despite it's bad design etc.

Sorta like the Lotr seried on PS2 except those were actually fun

That was my thought. 

Inflation due to recognition/brand association. 

Popularity can do some amazing things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

But why? The game is awful. I have no idea why people even say this game is average, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed The Order of the Phoenix game. 

The main story is over in like three/four hours max and is incredibly poorly told to the point where the uninitiated are going to have absolutely no idea what is happening. The graphics are shocking even for 2009, the voice acting is worse and the minigames are repetitive and pointless (because apparently you need a practice match for Quidditch in order to do the same fucking thing two seconds later). I'm not even going to bother with this Platinum seeing as how the majority of the time is spent just collecting crests using the shitty spell controls and dealing with the awful Potions and Quidditch minigames. Just finishing this piece of shit was enough for me. Back to the dodgy video shop I hired it from. 

The voice acting is definitely poor, and like the movie the dialogue tries too hard to be funny, but I liked the potions stuff and the fact they expanded the castle slightly. I liked OOTP a little more because it felt more polished. Even though exploration wasn’t as good, Azkaban is my favourite, I miss playing that! 

• Like 1

Just now, re_panos said:

Personal preferences. But the one thing that we can all agree on is that the last 2 sucked xD

Oh I haven't started the Deathly Hallows games yet but I've seen playthroughs of them. They look terrible! 

3 hours ago, re_panos said:

The best Harry Potter game was Goblet of Fire. FITE ME

That was the only one I didn’t like (well, out of the ones I played since the DH games didn’t look like my cup of tea). Don’t know why they thought collecting crests to unlock the next level would be a good idea...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

That was the only one I didn’t like (well, out of the ones I played since the DH games didn’t look like my cup of tea). Don’t know why they thought collecting crests to unlock the next level would be a good idea...

I really liked the design with the cards that you can equip. It was also the only co op Harry Potter, so I could play with my friends. 

9 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

The voice acting is definitely poor, and like the movie the dialogue tries too hard to be funny, but I liked the potions stuff and the fact they expanded the castle slightly. I liked OOTP a little more because it felt more polished. Even though exploration wasn’t as good, Azkaban is my favourite, I miss playing that! 

I think OOTP gave you a fair bit more freedom than this. Even ignoring the hideous railroading of the main plot the castle still feels incredibly linear. 

7 hours ago, Rantaro said:

Which one was worse? Part 1 or Part 2?

Part 2 got a fair bit more notoriety at the time it came out but apparently it's the same thing as Part 1 just with more polish. I hear Part 1 is broken to the point where you can just use the invisibility cloak to avoid almost every combat encounter. Both are apparently awful games, though. 

• 1 year later...

The story game in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is more rapid, different of other games I played before. I like the franchise, i played Philopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire in PS2, Order of the Phoenix in PS3. I finished the story game in 1 day.

Edited by GAUNTLETOFFURIOU

• 6 months later...

I picked this up for £5 before it started inflating the price earlier last year, especially (but not limited to) for a fan of the source material, it was a really enjoyable game even though I'm certain Ginny Weasley now owns a piece of my soul in the pause menu...

The Lego games are still the best interpretation of Harry Potter so far although im well stoked for Hogwarts Legacies.

For anyone interested, as i did all 3 games for PS3 back to back; this is the best one with trophies, Deathly Hallows pt.1 is a joke. Its barely a game and feels so unfinished and even less polished, if you ever wanted to know what Harry and the gang do when they are camping in the films and in between when they move location then you are in for a treat but also need a bit of a talking to.

DH pt.2 is actually a fun game, plonked right in the middle of the previous 2 on a scale. It is (im not joking) a 3rd person cover shooter (stop laughing) ala Gears of War. It works well because of the content of a final showdown at the School etc but if you find it cheap its actually a fun way to pass 6-10 hours, although this one is going up in price as well lately in some places.

• Like 2