Introducing PlayStation Classic, with 20 Pre-Loaded Games

Aranea Highwind

And the mini-console with HDMI output craze continues :awesome: For real, when are we getting the Phillips CD-i mini or the Atari Jaguar Classics? I'm looking forward to those too :P ?

One thing I find curious is that the replica controllers they are including with this one doesn't have the analog sticks. I'm aware they didn't add those until later on the console's life cycle but I find the fact that they are not included here kind of, well, simply weird. Also, I doubt this is going to have trophies or any sort of wifi capabilities. If it has them, awesome but I sincerely doubt it.

I'm not particularly enthralled by this one since I didn't have this console when I was younger. Why, well I was rocking with my N64 at the time and it was awesome! Maybe when Nintendo gets on an N64 mini I may possibly get interested ?

Good luck on those of you that will be getting this one :D

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

The mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation, and it emulates the original’s look and feel by featuring similar controllers and packaging. Long-time fans will appreciate the nostalgia that comes with rediscovering the games they know and love, while gamers who might be new to the platform can enjoy the groundbreaking PlayStation console experience that started it all. All of the pre-loaded games will be playable in their original format.

PlayStation Classic

Available for pre-order at select retailers across the US and CAN, each unit will also come with an HDMI cable to connect to their TV, a USB cable, and two controllers for local multiplayer within compatible titles. PlayStation Classic will be available for $99.99 USD (MSRP) / $129.99 CAN (MSRP) on December 3, 2018 – a historic date for all of us at PlayStation.

Visit PlayStation.com for more details on regional availability, and stay tuned to the Blog for the full lineup of titles coming to PlayStation Classic. There are more fan favorites, and we can’t wait to share more details in the coming months.

PlayStation Classic

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/18/introducing-playstation-classic-with-20-pre-loaded-games/

No CTR, GEX, or Blasto? I'll pass. 

Bushido Blade or gtfo!

This seems like a simple cashgrab to me. If they at least have a WiFi option to connect to PSN and download ALL digitally purchased PS1 classics to play on there along with the 20 preloaded games, I could see some value. But this doesn't even have DualShocks.

19 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

And the mini-console with HDMI output craze continues :awesome: For real, when are we getting the Phillips CD-i mini or the Atari Jaguar Classics? I'm looking forward to those too :P1f602.png

This is becoming really pointless indeed - these people don’t seem to realize that not everyone is Nintendo...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

- Only see an RPG and Racing game shown. How many well known titles will they have?

There's also Tekken, Jumping Flash and two JRPGs being shown, not just one.

Still, not a lot to be seen. To me, classic PS means Wipeout, Cool Boarders, Crash Bandicoot, Destruction Derby, Gran Turismo, Resident Evil and Tomb Raider.

Ridge Racer, Tekken and Final Fantasy too, but at least they have been confirmed. :)

Edited by soniq