Introducing PlayStation Classic, with 20 Pre-Loaded Games

Aranea Highwind

On 10/29/2018 at 8:29 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Full game list has been revealed via news on engadget

Sony reveals the complete list of PlayStation Classic games
'Metal Gear Solid' and others join known titles like 'Final Fantasy VII.'

Sony has finally revealed the full game list for the PlayStation Classic, and it looks like it'll please fans looking for a nostalgia hit... mostly. In addition to previously announced games like Final Fantasy VII and Ridge Racer Type 4, you'll find definitive titles like Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil Director's Cut and Twisted Metal. Simultaneously, though, there are a few curious choices and conspicuous omissions.

To start, you'll find games like the original Grand Theft Auto and Rainbow Six. They're both fine titles, but you may be in for a shock if you're expecting GTAV or Siege. It's also unusual to see Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee -- it's a well-known game, but not a blockbuster. And of course, there's bound to be a classic game or three that you wish was on the list. Where's Gran Turismoor Wipeout, for instance? Sony no doubt had toconsider game variety and licensing issues when choosing the list, but that still leaves you making some sacrifices if you want a nostalgia hit on December 3rd. You can see the full list below.

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director's Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms

Japanese List

Here is the Japanese PlayStation Classic game list:

• Arc the Lad
  • Arc the Lad 2
  • Armored Core
  • Biohazard Director’s Cut (Resident Evil Director’s Cut)
  • Final Fantasy VII International
  • G Darius
  • Gradius Gaiden
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash 
  • Megami Ibunroku Persona: Be Your True Mind (Revelations: Persona)
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr. Driller
  • Parasite Eve
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • SaGa Frontier 
  • Super Puzzle Fighter IIX
  • Tekken 3
  • Toshinden (Battle Arena Toshinden)
  • Wild Arms
  • XI [sái] (Devil Dice)

really shocked at the lack of the legend of dragoon of legaia as first party titles

Good riddance to that piece of trash.

But anyway, this is a pretty underwhelming list. As much as I enjoyed Revelations: Persona back in the day, it is a really hard game to play now (it has not aged well). But, hopefully we'll get back Mark as a black guy with a yellow cap.

Edited by starcrunch061

I think the PS classic is inferior to both Nintendo classics based on the lineup. There are a few good games in there for sure, but it's nothing compared to Nintendo's lineup.

If Sony would've just added another 10-20 games, maybe it'd be worthwhile. However, I don't see how you can justify $100 when I can just buy the 3-5 games I want off the PS3 PSN store for $18-30 and not have to pay the extra for crappy controllers and games I don't want.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Clarification

20 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think I'd rather go out and buy a mini SNES or NES than this. There are a few good games in there for sure, but it's nothing compared to Nintendo's lineup.

If Sony would've just added another 10-20 games, maybe it'd be worthwhile. However, I don't see how you can justify $100 when I can just buy the 3-5 games I want off the PS3 PSN store for $18-30 and not have to pay the extra for crappy controllers and games I don't want.

So you were waiting to be disappointed by Sony before buying one of the 2 year old Nintendo classic systems. Intriguing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

So you were waiting to be disappointed by Sony before buying one of the 2 year old Nintendo classic systems. Intriguing. 

I said that I would rather buy, not that I was waiting for this before buying a mini SNES or NES. Then, I bashed on how it wasn't worth the price with the current lineup since you could just buy the best games on the PS3/Vita IMO. 

You are reading too hard into my post.

11 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I said that I would rather buy, not that I was waiting for this before buying a mini SNES or NES. Then, I bashed on how it wasn't worth the price with the current lineup since you could just buy the best games on the PS3/Vita IMO. 

You are reading too hard into my post.

I saw what  you said and the fact that those systems have been out for 2 years but you still haven't bought either puts your comment in the proper perspective.  Your statement is hollow.

Edited by TJ_Solo

7 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I saw what  you said and the fact that those systems have been out for 2 years but you still haven't bought either puts your comment in the proper perspective.  Your statement is hollow.

Just for you, I edited my post so you would stop trying to look into it so hard. I've played several games from each of the consoles as a kid, and I am telling you that Sony's list could be a lot better.

1 minute ago, theSpirae said:

Gotta love how many people here are obsessed with trophies and it's pretty much their deciding factor whether to buy this console or not. We are minority ;)

I wont buy due to the fact I think the ps1 had alot of better classics that weren't included and with the list they have should've been better

• 9 months later...